Still waiting for the latest algorithm update to be reversed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, May 31, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

RIP Skeezick. More unkillable tanks.

2. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I do think skeezick were hit harder than most with the algorithm change - but you're gonna have to be a whole lot more specific about unkillable tanks.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The new algorithm buffed everything that was already nonsense to ******** status.

Bone Elemental got 3 nora cheaper! Collosal boa sub 70 nora!

Meanwhile everything else got a price bump, but not to worry, manual cost adjustments and Moga are crazy again. Let's keep pretending this algorithm works.

4. Moles

most of the moga changes did not require any manual cost adjustments, if there are only a couple of units that are out of line, as suggested then it is a case of addressing those, rather than changing every champion in the game again.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Great!

Then why did we have the adjustment to the algorithm in the first place? Or do we not use logic around these parts?

6. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I am not a fan of it either, all the support and ranged runes in KF took a big hit. Things like arrowsinger, deadly tracker, page, prodigy, aspect of life (86 nora for FR bait...), elven mage, etc. all got cost hikes while the cheap melee/beefy units in the faction got cheaper or stayed the same. It seems like this algorithm change is another step in encouraging cheap spammable units/summons that was brought on by the revamp hence why KF seems to be all about the beasts now. I am sure other factions had similar effects from the algorithm change. I was hoping the change to the algorithm would have had the reverse effect in that cheap balls of stats would become less efficient.

That is not to say that the previously mentioned runes are unplayable, many of them are still strong. The algorithm just feels like another push to run champ spam BGs. The fact that moga lord's guard is still 36 nora is a perfect example of this.

7. Moles

I've just seen a post from you in another thread saying how much you dislike playing with 60 nora balls of stats - so i'm surprised that you seem to be wanting that to come back?

I think the formula change was a step in the right direction, but a change to the formula is ALWAYS going to leave certain themes harder hit, certain champs too efficient and then we try to follow up with balance patches afterwards.

Give it another patch or two and see how the meta sits.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Now you're putting words in my mouth and presenting a fake ultimatum.

I don't want neither, it's not a "this or that story". It's a "none of these" story.

Perhaps if the people on the development team played the game some more, we wouldn't have to wait some more patches.

HardyGames32 likes this.
  9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Read give it two months.. how rude

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm unclear, burn on what exactly you have a problem with and what you'd do to change it?

The two champs you mentioned. I like Bone Ele where he is, personally. You're fairly certain to get 2-3 skells for his death and two turns of tanking. I don't see that as out of line.

The Boa is carried by colossal which is still problematic due to the fact that not all decks cam really field a fatty consistently and regen+colo+resil+boostable+high HP+good def is too efficient and synergistic for that price point.

Pattn199 likes this.
  11. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

you play IS. Clearly you have the capability of dealing 20+ damage per basic attack but the rest of us mere mortal factions....

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My problem lies with that update that wrecked themes like moga (who later on got manual adjustments) and skeezick, while boosting runes like Bone Elemental that clearly didn't need it.

The way I see it, that's an 0 out of 2.

13. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Translation: Burn is salty that 1 FW rune got buffed by the new formula and some SL runes got nerfed so it must be a failure.

14. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

May 21st:
    G'hernbound

• Nora Cost decrease (-3)

Now, I don't think the forumula should be reverted, but it should definitely be looked at. Decreasing the cost of G'hernbound (or Skeezick alliance for that matter) just masks the problem of with the cost calculation for cheaper champs.

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

10/10 great names

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

^

Rough guess:

27 for abilities, 18 for range, 35 for hp, -4 for dmg ~~ 75 nora.

17. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's the thing, Nora Incarnate is undercost.

18. nynevening

nynevening Member

What were the changes to KF?

19. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

fix all the high range units, u can change a little they range is some cases or give them Preparation and low they range a lot