most useless runes of pox nora competetion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 6, 2015.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so this is a competition to decide thee worst designed, most nerfed, does absolutely nothing and if it was removed from the game tomorrow nobody would ever notice runes.

champions won't be on the list unless exceptionally terrible, as even the worst champ tends to be able to cap a font and be useful in some way.

so i will nominate the st runes :

Ice block : put's a decorative object on the field, has no impact on the game but it does have a nice shade of blue. summoned relics with no actual abilities except to remove themselves from the field after a few rounds.

nora freeze : for those situations where you just have too much nora, this spell actively gives you a nora disadvantage over your opponent, with no other effect.

freeze the earth : create a pitifully small amount of ice for an even smaller amount of time. at best it's -1 ap in some matches.

fill : nothing like removing those holes from the map....ya....this spell could be 0 nora I wouldn't run it, I'm sure the adaptive bg's would, but that has nothing to do with the spell, it's effect is thee most useless of any on this list imo.

millennial ice-quake: 100 nora to nuke your own guys, efficient.

Retreat : This one could be playable if it was cheaper but as is it's just saving your opponent the trouble of killing your champ, you are doing them a favor if you play this.

Flag of Unification : I argued with myself about putting this one on the list, but then I realized it's 45 nora and you make your own champ useless for shroud....slightly better shroud but it's still just shroud. This one won't win but it sure deserves to be on here.

snow ball fight : 25 nora and you give everyone frost attacks...and since they are weaker then almost every single attack in the game currently nobody will use it, at least you don't need to worry about your opponent using them against you...

Boreal Twilight : now that you've killed my champs they now gain....2 ap....wait...

anyway feel free to nominate runes from other factions I will do voting contest later with 1 rune from every faction.

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Drought
    Poison Fang
    Processing Collar
    Nora Trap
    Thaw

All a load of rubbish, imo.

Edit: added some more

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. calisk

does a little damage and ap drain I'm sure their are more useless spells then that in sl.

like thaw.

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Poison Fang is the winner i think, total piece of crap.

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Swimming Lessons.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Flag of Uni has shown up in a couple semi-abusive Wish decks, I think it has a role. Nora Freeze will be broken one day, once somebody figures out an engine to generate enough nora through spells; I'd miss it. I've run Snowball Fight in a couple FW splits to make skellie summons more of a threat. It's actually alright with a Dark Rising. Is perty bad though.

FW:

Mystic Atelier

Mist of the Dead

Lichbone Staff

Black Ops

Corpse Collection

Delay

Necroweave

Reflesh

Serkan's Touch

Collection of Souls

Bonecrusher

Festering Corpse (the rune)

Necromancer

Revenant (the rune)

I've never kept any of these in a BG for more than 1 game. All absolutely terrible.

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Flag of unification can be used in enemies... Yeah, make one of them "unusable"

8. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

High Mason.

9. soulmilk

Does that mean there have been a game where you tried out Serkan's Touch? :eek:

10. soulmilk

I wish the rune itself was more like the flavortext explains how it should be.

11. calisk

yep, it does indeed have a use, I won't expect it to make the winners circle but it used to be intended as a run you use on your own champs, one that gave charge, mobility, iron will and evasive. now it's a poor mans lock up rune that usually means they just use the extra speed to throw themselves at your font, which will usually be worth it since you spent so much nora debuffing them.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  12. Ifem21

Yes, its useless if not used right, but Like @kalasle says, in a Wish BG, its pretty abusable.

13. calisk

five reasons this will never happen,

first you need to face this deck enough times to make it worth running nora freeze, which i'll be frank is unlikely in pox nora even the most broken decks barely take up a 10th of the meta.

second the nora gen in this deck would need to be non optional, what this means is the nora they gen needs to be prevented, things like nora cow/sacrifice would simply be delayed a turn and not be a big deal in any significant way as you put yourself 30 nora behind already.

third the nora gen in a single turn needs to exceed 30 because that's how much nora you put yourself behind when you cast this spell.

fourth any deck that is generating 30 or more nora a turn already is on the chopping block to be nerfed trust me.

five : pox nora pre-nerfes all form of nora generation now, things like miners and nora cows have +40+50 on their nora costs, nora gen is not coming back in any significant way that nora freeze would be of any use against it, especially not more then running champs with the anti nora abilities like backlash.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Blood for motar
    once you have all the avatars it pretty useless

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Er, no, I mean Nora Freeze will be broken once someone figures out how to generate enough spell-based nora in the same deck, in order to lock the opponent out of Gen. You can get close in FS with Marsh Song, but it just isn't quite there with how many pieces you need to maintain a lock. Someone running Nora Freeze as a counter piece? Unlikely. Running it as a purposeful tempo hit to allow some board state to develop with less interruption? Maybe, but I don't think that deck is out there. But because Nora Freeze doesn't actually stop spell generation or the FS bonus, an FS/ST split can actually do some work while under the lock. It's not quite worth it right now from my limited testing, but it's got potential.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A long time ago. It went about as well as you can expect. Putting it in, you have to be consciously aware that the spell can get Cleansed off, but it's hard to have that theory hurt as much an opponent straight Purging one champion for value and tempo. Just real, real bad.

soulmilk likes this.
  17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Several of the runes listed in this thread are unusable because they were used in specific trickdecks in the past and got mega-nerfed because people whined about them on the forums.
    Runes in this category include: Nora Freeze, Millenial Icequake, Nora Trap

Other runes were nerfed simply because they were very strong and dominated the popular meta at some point.
    Runes in this category include: Summon Ice Block, Drought/Thaw, Necromancer, Delay

Anima26 likes this.
  18. Ifem21

Ipox used to havĂȘ a nora gen BG, he generate so much nora for The opponent, frezes it, and them, blow your shrine With overload. How he does this? Dont know, but he is certanly a genious

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

necroweave is bad?
    It gives 6 turn immortality for 40 nora ots still quite strong

20. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

My vote would be Spellthief Resurrection.