most useless runes of pox nora competetion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 6, 2015.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

the deck in question had nothing to do with nora freeze, though I suppose it might of been a different deck, regardless he's had dozens of mass nora gen decks, and as stated before they were all nerfed, even the deck mentioned by kal which I may add is wishful thinking and theory at best, even if it did exist would be nerfed very quickly and nora freeze would remain exactly where it is at.

why? because the brunt of his theory deck is based around mass nora gen, nora gen that on it's own would be significantly stronger then when using nora freeze, nora gen is not permitted to exist in pox on that scale and would be nerfed.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I dunno, preemptively reducing a champion or two's cooldown from 5 to 0 sounds like crap to me.

3. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

A deck that sounds like the one kalasle is proposing actually used to exist waaay back in the day. Back when Nora Beast was like 49 nora or whatever and there weren't very many counters to nora manipulation.

This was like, Octopi era or so I think.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep and they were nerfed, and counters added, and then nerfed again, then after revamp they made all things that generate nora cost in the 70's.

even back then nora freeze wasn't run, nora drain was, because you can easily come out ahead with nora drain.

5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yes, it have. He used Nora Freze to prevent enemy for spenting nora. I know this, cause I have faced him using this BG a long time ago (will never forget The lots of shine effects in The screen). Nora gen had been nerfed, and I agree With you, generating that much of nora is Bane Shift, and cant have something like this in The game.

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Oh, you're saying that with the game the way it is now Nora Freeze will never be abused again. Yeah, you're probably right.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

These would be my picks, in no particular order:

Touch of Death

Blizzard

Jakei Soulpainter

Lay Bridge

Spirit Stone

Expanded Reach

Skull Totem

soulmilk likes this.
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

What a spell.

9. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

I actually used to run that semi-standard, there are certain times when it'll win you a game because no one ever runs the damn thing.

darklord48 likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When it works

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Maybe way back in ye olde times, but the second Macadamize burst onto the scene only a few expansions later, Lay Bridge was confined to the shoebox for eternity.

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

High mason- I never played this guy ever... except one time in the original/traditional IS sample deck. He managed to stall a font long enough for me to close the game. And by stalling I mean dying.

divine dispersal- Kthx shoe boxed this once amazing spell. Remove all your stuff and give the enemy his Nora for all his stuff. What...

Now it doesn't even work.

Lay Bridge - at least fill is global and has no duration for the chasm covered. Lay Bridge is just sad design.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'd have to say all of the spell seal runes are pretty bad. Their is no benefit really unless you build a bg entirely around them.

14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

It's been a while since I last saw a non new rune I had never seen before.
    The dwarf in the rune seen to know himself how bad the rune is. xD
    Someone, make a meme with this art!

15. soulmilk

16. soulmilk

17. soulmilk

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Broodguard