What faction do you like playing against the most!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jun 7, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not taking powerlevels into account, every faction has a different feel and playstyle to it. Which one are you the most comfortable facing?

Bellagion likes this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly, FW. I don't know what Bane Shift they are going to pull, but I know they will try something that will either amuse me, or wreck me. I think FS would be a close contender. Their combos hurt when they happen, and some of them can be pretty deceptive up to the point right before they strike.

On the other side of this coin though, I hate playing against SL. Just deceptively hard to kill. If on the off chance I decide to play SL myself, and my opponent is SL, I FQ, or Surrender. Cause math is hard.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The one that sucks the most at the time.

4. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

I gotta say IS. Most of the time they will try to fight me up close and that's where my Draksar legion is most comfortible. IS players like to buff, heal and protect their expensive champs, it feels so good when they die anyway from sheer numbers + a well executed power turn. And IS likes their equipment and relics so much, that I often get triple magnetize value. And the SL versus IS matchup just fits thematicaly.

darklord48 likes this.
  5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

SL as long as my opponent isn't playing dragons. Easy mode

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  6. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Meh. I don't believe in weak factions in Pox.

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Obviously splits.
    Any ff is just so boring and predictable, it's like playing a bot.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You are a disgrace.

Tweek516, scrampy, SPiEkY and 4 others like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

says the best dodger UK.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't dodge you, I just have you on ignore. I have played a ton of blues today, so I don't know what you're crying about.

Wrong again. 0/2

Tweek516, scrampy, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

ST or IS.
    Is has some surprising spells and well ns player who's been playing for years mains st. So out of the countless times I've vs'd him since i started the game.

FW has some sweet stuff to vs.

On another note, I also like playing against themes I play. Not mirror theme for theme but if I'm playing some random bg vs a theme I like to play I pay close attention to how they play the theme or faction to gain diverse insight into the theme.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS - most predictable for me.

ST - you see their tricks coming from a mile away, and they are pretty straight forward.

Least I like SL and FW, both are chewy and pull tricks that make me moan and groan in disgust.

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

SL cuz math is cool.

But also IS cuz the only good dorf is a dead dorf.

darklord48, Qucas and Dolcebrodude like this.
  14. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

I'd mostly go with ST or SP. The large amount of relics present in each make it fun to disintegrate and make new champs from scratch. Same can be said for FW, I generally have an easy time playing against factions that allow me to get stitched fodder, and dont even get me started on DB decks.

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I like playing against KF or FS because most of their units are squishy and easy to kill.

But FW and IS can go burn in hell.

Qucas likes this.
  16. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

from a mechanical really like playing against UD, probably because i like playing them so much as well, but from a flavor stand point i much prefer going against IS, killing dwarves is very satisfying.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, same here. Against IS or SL it happens that you don't manage to kill one unit the whole game because they buff up and heal absurdly much. And I hardly see sweet drownable Euans anymore either ...

Qucas and Pixyrus like this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

UD. Their backlash is rare and their hard-counters are few.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

KF probably cause it fun to destroy heal with decay/defile

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Qucas and chickenpox2 like this.