Boxes and exos and legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jun 5, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

People have posted some useful ideas so far, i like the 100 shards idea a lot so far. I also believe a box should give a guaranteed exo and legendary which might make buying boxes a bit more tempting.

2. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think that DOG's need to start sell runes, 1 by 1,
    not in box then u can get what u want in less money

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

If DOG had a cash store similar to say decondors, they could easily make all that money that he is currently making, i know plenty of people that are not willing to pay money in hope of getting legendaries/exotics from boxes or packs when they can just buy specific runes, its a gold mine. If DOG had a cash store, heck id even use it, i dont use pbs cash store but i would use DOGs as i would be supporting the game.

Edit: i know this has all been said before.

super71 likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Did you know there used to be no boxes? Only packs.

When Boxes were first made, people applauded.

Then it became the norm, and a guaranteed Exotic was added, and people applauded.

Then it became the norm, and now a guaranteed Legendary is requested.

~

I am not saying what is offered now is perfect, but just stating that this is what happens with pricing models when you reduce prices or give more for the same - it is initially seen as a great idea, but then it becomes the new normal and normal is always not good enough.

This is why stores mark stuff up and then put it on sale, because most people care about the perceived additional value more than the absolute value.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Soooo .....what ur saying is .....box sales?

6. super71

I for one believe the normal should be a guaranteed legendary and exo, right now 17 bucks for 300 runes and 3 of which might be the ones i needed is too much of a gamble. Were not living in the past anymore boxes and a less random chance at packs is the norm in tcgs nowadays, pox can either evolve with the times or stay stagnant again.

Why wouldn't you want to throw legendaries in a box, all it's going to do for you is get people thinking it's a better deal than before and makes it more interesting to buy boxes. I get what your saying that people will keep wanting more and more but i rather have them wanting than not wanting to buy that box at all. For 17$ i don't want a random chance of getting a rune i need out of 2000 runes. If you put a legendary in a box not only did you just increase trading in pox but you kept your player's interest , maybe now he can trade for that other rune he needs or buy another box in hopes of that legendary he needs or a legendary for trade fodder.

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

The point is, that the number of runes is increased by every expansion released, this is a problem. One Box for 21 expansions is a bit too much, don't you think? If you want to keep with only one EXO, fine, but at least make more variety of packs/boxes to buy, each one containing 6 expansions (like Core). It will be much better, and will help you guys making players having interest in buying more, cause they will have more guarantee to win the rune they want.
    Whats the chance of winning a rune over thousands tht we have? Not counting the repeated ones you will get, you can make sure you will win at least 3 expected runes? No. See, this is the real problem here, is too much gambling.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

would it make a difference of the exo/leg rates were increased maybe instead of 10/5 % change to 25/15% so you can get atleast a higher chance in getting 2 or more exo per box and atleast 1 leg

9. Trestia

Trestia The King of Potatoes

Or we could make it like Hearthstone. Every runes will have a chance upgrade. 10% for common to uncommon and 10% from uncommon to rare and so on. with a guarantee rare in a packs.

soulmilk likes this.
  10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

how about we make 1 of this thing:
    a. if core is 6 expansion and we have 26 expansion can we change Extended to Extended 1 (from Path to Conquest to Maljaran War) and Extended 2 (Heroes' Dawn to The Ronin)
    b. Extended and core that u can chose function or between Protectorate to Wrath
    c. a+b?

11. super71

That might make it a little more interesting to buy boxes, right now trade value for an entire box isn't very good. People can just go to poxbox and either buy the runes they want or get runes other people want and trade.

Your already guaranteed a rare in ever pack in pox, i don't think the change needs to be that extreme just another guaranteed high value rune for trade would be nice.

Honestly i would prefer if the owls either go back to individual expansions and make them cheaper because they are older or make the boxes for every 3 expansions. Even what your suggesting still gives to many random rune possibilities.

Honestly i like the idea of protectorate and wrath packs, I would probably take it a step further and go theme related. I know we have the theme decks but the majority are pretty outdated and overpriced.

12. Ifem21

The problem @super71 is that making Boxes with 3 expansions, will make you win almost every rune of thats ones. Thats the deal of making 6 (like core) expansions per box/pack.

13. super71

Not sure what your trying to say here ? Are you saying 3 expansions per set is too many , and people would get the runes they want top easily ?

14. Ifem21

If only 3 expansion per PACK, not box. A box come with 300 runes, its not viable for DOG to do this.

15. super71

What ? I'm saying only 3 expansions per box, 3 expansions per pack wouldn't even make sense.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hearthstone is baller.

super71 likes this.
  17. Ifem21

You're missunderstood this @super71 . 3 expansions per box don't make sense for DOG to make. How much runes have 3 expansions? And now, how much runes come in a box? See, thats the problem, you will buy one or two box and ALL runes (or the majority) of thats expansions will be yours, this way is not favorable for DoG since they will not have profit enought, since people will only buy one or two box from that "set" and never more. This is what Sok was basically saying in other post, they prefer to stay with an Extended box, and MAYBE making packs with 6 expansions each.

18. super71

In the last 3 expansions total their are about 240 runes take away about 30 from limited edition runes and your looking at 210 runes. Say your looking for 10 runes out of those 210 runes that is literally about a 5% chance to get any of the runes your looking for obviously the chances go up the more packs and boxes you buy. You get 30 runes per box basically which means including doubles the chances are still very very very slim you will get the runes you need.

I have bought at the very least 6 coalitions boxes i am still missing 2 runes, that is only out of one expansion. Out of 6 boxes which i got 600 runes from i am still missing 2 of this expansions runes out of 65 runes. Please explain to me how in the world you would ever get every rune from 3 expansions unless you are extremely lucky.

19. super71

I agree it is fun but it lacks the pox depth and long term play. I find myself buying the expansions, beating the expansions then not playing until the next expansion.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I doubt any game will have Pox depth. However, adventures in HS are such a small part of the content. If you dig into Arena and Ranked you will find yourself playing constantly.
    Im assuming you are meaning expansions = adventures.