Skeezick "buffs"

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm confused

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

same

@Jib well, at least the dev who plays a few games per month will enjoy them now

off we go

3. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I don't think its necessarily the most recent changes, but I don't think they helped. They've felt kind of meh since I came back. I feel like a lot of their stuff has been mucked with in various ways, directly and indirectly, since the last time I played last year; waylay, bomb nerf, BG, etc etc etc. There's been so many changes that I can't remember them all, and I feel like its a combination of a bunch of little things causing them to feel boring and I have no idea why.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

im having a hard time finding spots

5. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Ya, this is actually what prompted me to make the latest skeezick changes. I felt like over time they had been gutted into something very bland.

6. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Personally, I'd like waylay to be runnable again; maybe tie its old functionality to whether or not alliance is triggered. I dunno, something to make it a solid theme spell again.

In general, I'm not sure what's actually wrong, though. Nerfing Netter didn't really help with them being bland, though; he's just a weaker version of what he used to be.

7. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Skeezick have been boring to play since like 4 years ago when they went from a bunch of bad champs crutching on march to a bunch of bad champs that couldnt crutch on march because it wasnt op anymore. it was always fun to bash someone's face in with a bunch of barely runnable garbage just because the global ap gen came so dirt cheap. They slowly got better champs and became a generic theme with nothing special about them. I still maintain that the march nerf was literally only due to how much people were abusing it in 2v2; one of the only times ever I can think of a rune being nerfed due to 2v2. Literally nobody was playing them at a high rank in 1v1 consistently.

Deploy race: X to get some stats is not interesting. And unless i've missed something in the last 1.5 years there's never really been a particularly interesting interaction amongst skeezick runes that changes the way you play the game.

8. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

back in the day, they used to feel more "guerilla". cheap, not-so-sandbaggy deploys, skirmish for a bit, and then power turn gg. pretty straight forward, no gimmicks really. due to how the meta game is now and changes slowly made to them, thats been lost. they're more of the typical, build up averege+ costing champs and powerturn, with the added benefit of poking with the plentiful range skeez now have. i havent realized this till now, but damn do skeez have a lot of range. back in the day it used to be just netter, cannon, and snipes.

9. DrSteve

Right but that's what I mean, they used to be all about skirmishing with dirt cheap apgen + speed eventually building up to a powerturn and not about getting strong individually. with the introduction of abilities like regal prescence and the new, better skeezick (& the nerf to march), the bg has essentially turned into a generic "build up until powerturn" deck that youve seen in a million other themes and factions.

10. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

The biggest Skeez problem is that the more funnier Skeez is, the less playable he is - Trapsmith, Machinist, Ripper, Trapper. Powerturn Skeez look good, Guerilla Skeez bit less.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That I can agree with. Bit of a shame because pre revamp, Ripper was actually a pretty solid include.

And Trapper really needs Poison Trap back.

12. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

They were rebels at first, now the elite skeezick have taken the battlefield

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I used ripper in everything

14. DrSteve

Played them for months and I disagree. March was 25? nora and granted speed for 6 turns or something in addition to the AP. You could fontrush incredibly easy with them especially if you got a warcharged skeez out early. Alternatively cap midfont, cast waylay, and start running over your opponent with march. Either way you didn't have to have any build up whatsoever unless it was a standoff map or you got garbage draws.

15. DrSteve

2015 - 4 = 2011

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I don't think March was still that cheap by the time warcharged came out.

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I don't think I've even seen March@25, so we're talking SR/GD time-frame here.

18. DrSteve

I'm 100% sure it was, since warcharged was released in dawn of elements; before I even started playing. Looking at my game history it was likely late 2011 when I was playing skeez a lot. The reason i'm positive is because my entire strat essentially revolved around sticking warcharged in a font and marching, and I distinctly remember dropping the deck as soon as march stopped being an op crutch.It aalso could have been 30 nora or something, I don't remember. All I remember is that it was blatantly overpowered and only held in check by the fact that individually skeezick were hot garbage.

Side note: It's kinda funny to think there's only been 10 full expansions in about 4 years time.

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Guess I never realized just how badly crupz smacked March when he nerfed it. +15 nora is substantial.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Gotta say I'm responsible for getting it to 40. I was the idiot who double marched his face and rofl'd him.

I apologize guys.