Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Man, people can lose to any kind of BG on any kind of day and still be a good player. A sneeze don't mean you're gonna die.

Anima26 and Mr.Knabber like this.
  2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

You can lose to anything but if you can't examine your loss and say you played horribly, and instead go on the forums and complain about a crappy bg archetype, then you may have to reconsider if you are a good player.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I probably have lost to a bazilion crappy bgs, and won against a bazilion OP ones as well. Yeah, I consider myself a good player, unlike you who I only know for constant FW whining. Give me your ingame and let me laugh at you, please.

Humm. I did examine my loss and it had to do with miscalculating moves and big powerturns that I took too long to make up my mind, since I havent played in forever.
    Also, probably has to do with me playing a highlander FF ST deck with the bans that DMR put there (so no leoss bomber, for example, nor Gale).
    I wouldnt say I played horribly, though, I just... lost.
    Doesnt change the fact that I was astonished with the amount of healing it can produce.

Also, I challenge you. If you can beat me I will never come on these forums again.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Sure thing, hit me up whenever.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fire-Eater BGs have been this way for a long time. There are explicit champions designed for this playstyle. Do you think it's become stronger recently?

Actually, now I am reminded of the old ST vs UD debates when everything had Vuln: Fire and Vuln: Frost and UD complaining that ST had Ice Shard and was able to reduce the damage while ST complained that UD heals way more from their terrain than ST does with Ice Eater.

Good times.

6. claydude5

Toll Taker has a role in FW? I haven't seen Toll Taker played since Grimlic's Descent. Something about horrible stats, high cost, weird upgrade abilities, and an over reliance on being boosted.

Edit: I'll try to think of a way to fix toll taker since he is one of my favorite runes. Until then I'm leaving this here as a reminder to myself.

7. claydude5

I was inactive then if he was played. However, looking at the archive of poxbase he wasn't awful so maybe I just don't remember. That being said, his current state is a joke when compared to a similar champion in veilwalker.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Would it be possible for Dark Knight to get race lich in his first form?

9. claydude5

95 nora

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

11. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Agree with this. I understand they wanted to help Xulos out after the loss of his death touch, but that was always icing on his Dak Favour 3 cake. I think Tariff should go on him as well.

Maybe DF 3 can be moved to base (obviously auto) in place of drain. And:

U1: Drain 2, Consume (or that skeleton one that adds +10 HP, unless its been removed), Vitality Creation
    U2: Grace of the Dead 3, Mind Wipe 1, Corruption

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, Consume Skeleton was removed, it no longer exists. Also, I don't think DF3 is auto. There are a couple reasons to run him at DF2 or DF1, depending on the BG -- mainly because DF2/Tariff cuts a round off his CD.

13. Strings

Not sure a round off his CD is worth it. Either way, the upgrades I listed are of varying costs so it might still open his build up to CD modifying.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It might not be. But I'd hate for design changes to happen based on unverified perceptions. DF3 is great, but I don't think it's auto.

15. Strings

I really feel your argument is redundant though. You're not taking into account drain being moved to upgrades or any of the other changes. So you're arguing against a strawman, and on a minor issue.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hrm? I just think saying it's auto is a bad reason to put DF3 on base. Yeah, it's a really minor point, one that ignores any other changes to his upgrades -- but dang, just cause it's minor doesn't mean you can't talk about it. If people wanna knock off Tariff, then just take off Tariff. No need to shuffle around a champ who just got a revamp.

17. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

draconic pulsar not effecting the UD wargaurd combat awareness even though it reads "target champion takes 14 damage"

18. Strings

Your point is: DF on base stops him from being run under a price point.

You ignore the change in price from the change in upgrades and base abilities that may allow him to be run under a price point.

If Tariff is to be removed, he would be left with limited upgrade options. I thought fleshing them out would be suitable for a Hero. My proposed "fleshing out" does not necessarily prevent your concern.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not quite. It's not about hitting a price point, it's about the value of DF3, cutoff or no, and in a larger sense about rebuilding a champ's design. Xulos has DF3 on U1 now, and I'd like to cling to even the illusion of a stable game. I brought up using DF3 to reduce cooldown as an example of why people might run him lower, but getting 1 round of cooldown ain't my primary concern here -- I just want things to stay the same in this game for once, and "it's a strong and guaranteed upgrade (in current perception since the patch a couple months ago)" feels like a weak reason to kick something to base, cost be darned. There's a tendency in the Pox community, which at this point has been reinforced by multiple factors over 9 years, to rebuild an entire design when someone thinks a single screw might be loose. I'd rather see a more conservative approach to re-designs and patching. Moving DF3 to base is one facet of that. To hell with whatever any change modifies about a rune, things need to be more often left alone.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[Q
    It's just that one magma bunny often ends up producing over 300 hp for 59 nora. Also lotta damage output.