Most the KF Players Quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

******** vorian.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Those charts are awesome...and meaningless.

What is the threat range of FW champs when Mobi is 100% auto spell? Was even worse till they nerfed bazaar. But look at polluted martyr and show me a KF rune with comparable stats for that nora.

Base speed is a pretty bad baseline to compare to. Compare Average AP used on power turns. KF is no where near the top of that list, not even with warcry, or elven bard, or horn of Order or Lash Down.

3. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

SL did just lose Scale Armour on the General, arguably, because he was "too tanky".

darklord48, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

wait till you see the fw exodus.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

/fingerscrossed

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

it is obvious that the community dose not want fw anyway.

7. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Dont bring SL into this Bane Shift show.

8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

No seriously KF gets some really amazingly designed runes, like colossal boa which had regen 4, tough 2 and colossal which is great for a tank. They have got battle hymn, war cry and horn of order, 3 of the best ap gen abilities and runes in the game. I do not think that KF ap gen is nerfed due to their bonus, and I think one of the reasons they became so hated is they got some of the best designed runes in the game, like a manic, reckless teleport, paralytic feed back champ. If you are complaining because of your bonus you dont have mobilise I feel sorry for you, because there is no way in hell you guys are gonna get a mobilise with all your other ap gen abilities. Someone please explain to me how the KF bonus limits design space, and what extra abilities, ap gen and great combinations of abilities they would get on their champs that they dont already have!

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

On so many levels.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Same animated gif in multiple threads... may be relevant and directed to different people but still lazy... and fat

11. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Say what? I'm constantly facing equal or more champions with nearly double the damage rating, better defense, half-again the hit points and at least as many resistances, immunities and abilities as I have and that is before the high hit point champion that's typically in the battle.

Snooze easy? The Skeezick Rebellion campaign is the easiest I've found, but there's bug in the last battle that precludes completing the campaign.

I just did the 2 daily skirmishes. The first one I managed to kill the 300 hit point champion to win the battle, but I basically had to ignore every other champion. I had to activate my avatar and wound up with about 40-50 hit points left and would have lost if it went one more turn. It takes a while to take down a 300 hit point champion when the resistances and defense allow you to do only 6-10 damage per attack, but I had NO chance trying to take down the other champions which had 50-70 hit points themselves and fight the main champion at the same time. If the main champion had stayed back I might have been to do that.

The second game I managed to slip my Elven Shade to a position close to the shrine and do a few hit and run attacks to weaken the shrine until the computer moved the defender away. Once that occurred I threw caution to the wind and attacked full force with the Elven Shade and cast a call serpent nearby so I had one more attacker. I won that game by destroying the shrine. You know what was defending my shrine against an onslaught of over 600 hit points worth of champions? One badly mauled Colossal Boa that I'm not sure survived the last turn before my last. Talk about nip'n tuck! Again the main champion came after me with the rest of them enough after saying something to the effect, "My other champions can defeat you by themselves." Well if that's the case then why not have the main one stay back until I've had a chance to fight and defeat the others?

12. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I drop about 8 hatching seasons on top of the "wanted" shrine and wake those eggs up with their awakening spell, then mobi and watch the fireworks as all the death novas blow up the shrine

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

What he was referring to is the fact that many older players have realized that there are easy deck combos that allow you to finish almost all of the single player maps using only one champion. The Solitary Garu strategy is pretty common, and that allows you to complete just about any of the skirmishes in about 3 minutes or so, maybe 4-5 rounds of play. In other campaigns the AI is very predictable and abusable with certain runes once you've gotten used to it, so in general the forum-going player base tends to prefer PvP.

14. StormChasee

I guess I haven't seen those special combinations or don't have the runes or access to them. I see the AI is usually able to kill a champion in 1 turn fairly early in the game unless the powerful champion hangs back. If they move at me in an uncoordinated manner I can usually take out each champion as it approaches and build up my forces and eventually win particularly if the powerful champion hangs back. If the advance is modestly coordinated as I would expect of a player with the same forces I usually get overrun. Maybe the game's changed since those players were able to do what you describe.

Frankly there shouldn't be those magical card combinations that make a player essentially invincible against the AI with such fewactive champions. The difficult campaigns on legendary difficulty should be very difficult for the best players to win and hopeless for the lesser experienced or those with weak battlegroups.

The first battle of the Pawn of the Matriarch Pt 1 didn't seem to difficult. The 300+ hit point champion didn't show up until way late. I haven't played the second one yet.

I won the first battle of the Maljaran Frontier Pt1, but I haven't had any luck with the second battle and right now I don't see a winning strategy. Likewise I won the first 2 battles of the Triple Threat Campaign, but I don't see a winning strategy on the third.

I did get through the Crazed Beasts Campaign though last couple of the battles got dicey though the first one or two were pretty easy.

I got confused on the first battle on the Abating Nora Campaign so I'm not sure what the Hell I'm supposed to do with it.

I've had no luck with the Trials of the Protectorate. For every champion I deploy the AI seems to get at least 2. The Trials of the Wrath looks similar by its description though I haven't played it. I'm not a good enough player or have good enough runes to expect to win at 1 to 2 or worse odds when the AI's champions have nearly double the damage ratings, better defense and half again the hit points.

There's only a couple of other campaigns I haven't tried. I've had mixed success with the daily skirmish. The ones today were perhaps the tightest or the most tense games I've played. I could have easily lost both games. The others have either been hopeless very quickly or I win with varying degrees of difficulty.

15. StormChasee

It sounds like the spell is way over powered. You shouldn't get 5 creatures that each can do as much damage as a typical champion can and even more when killed for the cost. I have a Call Serpent spell which for I think 30 nora gives me one creature that has either 15 or 25 hit points.

That reminds me of one of the games I played. The main enemy champion was a spider creature that had 300 hit points. Every time I damaged it, it dropped an egg that hatched a spiderling next turnthat had 15 hit points and a damage value of 10. If I recall correctly that was one of those games that I had to face a pretty coordinated attack of the spider champion, the spiderlings and the other champions that were as numerous as mine.

16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

You can beat the AI with any deck under any circumstances, all the factions provide enough tools to do so.

Also the campaigns are designed in a way that revolves around champ spamming because the AI simply can't compete, so it might be overwhelming at first but once you get enough done they won't be all that bad, not even the Serkan one that everyone likes to cry about.

Either way that's why single player is useless when it comes to measuring a faction's power, because even if the odds of losing champs are high, it still won't live up to the quality of a good player.

Also pls Vorian for the love of God stop with these threads.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    chickenpox2 likes this.
  17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Nice way to bring up your post:like ratio

18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I wont for the love of god but maybe for the love of Cthulhu.

19. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Whichever tentacle makes you feel best, then.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Whatever it takes

Baskitkase likes this.