Can we honestly talk about Maxxarek?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Seriously, giving relocate ally needs to go. I dont have the time to type it up right now as im studying for a test, but dark summons is ludicrous as well. I will post more in-depth later. In the meantime, discuss.

SaintKiwi, SPiEkY and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Can we actually keep this thread on topic? I'm tired of this guy being a 1 man army... Literally.

Almost as much as Bastion

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Can we honestly kill Maxxarek with champ counters?

Can we honestly?

Can we actually not use drown on Maxxarek?

Can we actually also not use drown on Bastion?

Can we maybe not use this incredibly stupid sentence format?

Can we perhaps just say what we want to say?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  4. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I actually like Maxx having his servant thing. It frees him up slightly. I can see him being made efficient (nora cost rise) or his dark summons being tweaked (include a delayed nora drain of -10 next turn maybe?), but as long as he has stationary, he needs extended mobility.

xKunta likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Triggering on summons and illusions is not a bug -- at least, it's consistent with the ability description.

xKunta likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

While I never had a problem with the old maxx, I do like the new ability because it makes him splashable to a degree while still benefiting greatly from a deck made around him. Given that K'lzik is pigeon holed into a theme, it's not a bad thing to have another meta-able hero in UD.

That said, I do think maxx wants a nerf, and that there should be one less relocate champ in UD, and that dark summons should only trigger from real champs.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yes pls.

8. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Maxxarek doesn't need the grant: relocalte ally but dark summons should stay the same. I use infiltrator, priestess, monstrosity and overlord in the same bg lol

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Honestly, sauk

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

the problem is, stationary isn't much of a negative ability when your faction has the ability to relocate it easily. worse still stationary is completely under the control of the person using maxxy. Then we could discuss the problem of equalize and the fact that this basically makes him 70 odd Nora for a champ with insane stats and abilities. Infact equalize is an ability that should be reworked anyway, because it has the easiest stipulation for activating ever. add in race demon/attack fire for an insane amount of synergy etc etc. he's probably the best hero in the game really.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maxx has Equalize?

12. bagoftrick

well from sheoul disciple

well never mind. seems to have been done already. stationary is still an issue

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How does Sheould Desciple give Equalize pr are you refering to that Maxx makes Desciples cheaper

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Called it the day it patched like that.
    It's mindblowing.

15. bagoftrick

fairly certain disciple use to have revere. which granted max equalize.

16. badgerale

Is that what happened to your mind?

Bellagion likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, yeah, to be on topic.

Grant: Relocate is internal synergy, which I am not a big fan of. It's a bit lazy.

Although, is there a champion that relocate is really broken on?

Besides, where did stationary go?

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Mine and yours, apparently, because UD has been on crack since you joined and nothing ever gets done to tone it down.

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. badgerale

I 'joined' with the revamp, over a year ago. UD has been seen as over the top only in the last expansion.

Though I'm still not sure why you and baskit think i have special dev manipulation powers, i've been posting about balance changes much less recently (since i'm playing less competitively and don't feel qualified) but what I do post has been about nerfing UD.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Eeeeeh.

I think you're a sound guy and all, who knows what really happens at the council and sok has the last call on everything. But UD been pretty cray for a couple of years, save one expansion where they got shafted only to be buffed the expansion after. Overal, UD has never left the top FFs. Mostly because UD meta is one of the only FFs that is consistently able to compete because of an amazing spellset and core champset.

claydude5 and JellyBerry like this.