Rate my fire Deck (All suggestions Welcome)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by PsiQ23, Jun 13, 2015.

1. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Well, I personally don't like Firestarter, prefer a Flamkeskitter over him. And have you tested the Deep Leviathan + Firemaw combo? Is pretty funy to do :D

3. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

How does that combo work? I've been trying a firemaw+masoquism combo instead but to no fruition yet.

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Deep Leviathan consume Firemaw (delaing the global fire dmg) then Firemaw returns and you do thsi over and over again... Also, if you manage to fill charges, Deep Leviathan can deal 40 global fire dmg (is pretty hard to do). I use a FS/UD deck based on Deep Leviathan + Firemaw + Sea Song (for charges), focusing my entire bg in dealing AoE fire dmg to kill enemy champ and heal my own.

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

So for general advice, you should aim to have 15 champions. 14-16 range. When I say champions, I mean ones who can grab fonts on turn 1 (not Maxx or dwarf).

In the vast majority of games you are NEVER going to deploy every single champion. And often if it comes to that, by the time you do they are already coming of CD. Since champions do not directly impact the game on deploy, the ones you do not drop are dead slots. If they were replaced with spells/equips/relics, they at least give you instant options even if they are not used.

In other words, the utility and flexibility gained by having access to more instant effect runes is better than what minor benefits 2 extra champions will give.

Honestly, if I could guarantee champions on turn 1, I might go down to 12, but that's just speculation.

For your BG, I would consider removing the Flowing Ember or Ash Maiden. While both are fire damage champs, neither gives you amp nor extra terrain and the synergies there. In fact, I would consider removing them both and adding in 2x Ash Demons, who is decent now (can either come with fire eater or trail fire wall).

With the 2 free slots, 1 should go to Fire Blast. AoE are awesome, because they are instant damage. And you take more benefits from Fire Blast than most do, so this really should be auto. I would also consider adding in 1 Demon Shield (maybe even 2), as it would work really well with Lava Fall, forcing melee combat. Considering it over Eruption, Masochism or Purefire.

I would also consider adding in Retribution (over one of the 3 above named runes as well). It is a fantastic method of clearing difficult champs. And, maybe, 1 more Tinder Box. That would be a lot of self target equips (so maybe consider removing 1 Flameheart which is not so good outside of Grimlic), but Tinder Boxes work really well together by adding more passive fire damage to bump up the healing.

EDIT: I confused Flameheart with Firelight. Remove Flameheart, not worth it for the small damage bump. Add in Firelight x1.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  6. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

8. SMh7

I don't like him anymore.
    Too expensive.
    Range uncomfortable.
    The adversary will do anything to kill him.
    And especially do not have immunity to fire and fire eater.

9. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I've never found his lack of fire eater/immunity to be an issue. Generally he's far enough behind my lines that I'm not in danger of hitting him with any AoE effects. And, even if he does take damage, Tinderbox usually heals him back up in no time.

Out of interest though, what do you mean when you say his range is 'uncomfortable'?

10. SMh7

I preferred it when it was 2-6.

11. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Grimlic is still fantastic and you are missing out by not including him.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It was 2-6 for a while

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Checkout fire elemental.

TheBulwark and SPiEkY like this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll second that. 10/10 beater unit.

15. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

does cauldron count amplify fire when calculating the loss of life from it? Also, why not include it? Fire eater/immunity fire would be a bit of a problem, wouldn't it?

16. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

damage is amplified not loss of life (at least that is how I remember)

17. saromon50

Right, and since it changes fire damage to loss of life, I am wondering if the changed fire damage includes the boost from amp fire?

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

It does not amplify it. (just tested it: grimlic against vindrax, 30% amp 16 damage, 15 loss of life)

saromon50 likes this.
  19. saromon50

awesome, thanks!