Meta FW revisted

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheBulwark, Jun 17, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hello All,

It seems like our meta has been jammed up with cheap champs for a while and as much as I enjoy cheap champ spam, I thought I would make use of our newly buffed legs :). Im still playtesting, but please comment and try it out as well as post your meta decks to so we can put our collective heads together and make the the best meta deck possible! <3 poxdeck.PNG

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

how do you like the new blood binder count? he looks good on paper.

3. TheBulwark

Havent played a ton with him, but he is as good as he looks on paper for sure. Looking to do some team dead magic zone deck, If your down whisper me in game

4. OriginalG1

upload_2015-6-17_23-7-46.png
    This is my current meta bg. i should drop dead wood strider for a second corrupted gaurden, but I have not done it yet. I really hate healing and I strongly dislike summon unit spams. (shattered dreams is kind meh though.) I wish defiling arua was a little bigger on o. venger. I need that much detection. Anyone that has amp disease as an upgrade I choose it.

This build complements my play style for the champ game better then any thing I have used in a long time.

Before I doubled up on decay I was using the 111 nora serkan. It felt really good to have frost cone and defensive strike on him again.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. TheBulwark

Nice, it seems like a mix of cheap champs and newly buffed guys, how is frost lich, guardian and strider,,?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. TheBulwark

Also cant use decay with bb count so I fester

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

fwgsjunk.png

This list is still super loose, but it's on what I'm working right now. "Rippers" refers to extremely cheap sources of ranged DoTs. I think they're real good right now, for a lot of reasons. Aside from that, the deck plays grindy, with main end-game engines in Soul Collector and Necro Hex.

8. OriginalG1

I forgot about librarian, good to see him in there. Dose adsorb magic save you often? the only time I ever used it was when blood binder count had cast: adsorb magic. I liked it a lot but i could cast it for free as a champion ability. Necro Hex is really good, I was watching Yobanchi used it, although I did not know about the spell was change.

9. OriginalG1

Strider and guardian have the same role in my bg (meat shield/ beater). Guardian can get 8 speed though on his 1st turn for 0 ap, this is nice to have. Strider with his resistance physical plays the same role as Guardian although entangling attack stops people from running away (or running around him). Guardian can gain hp with life siphon, strider can gain hp with take take root. One has rabid and the other has aura, two side of the same coin to me (even the same nora cost.) Guardian is little better though with 1-2 and the 8 speed.

I like frost lich a lot. I use him with frost greeting and shattered dreams. Just a good range champ with a possible detection option on deployment. Chill is probably better upgrade choice over shattered dreams though.

The amp disease can make desecration, festering wounds, breath pop!

TheBulwark likes this.
  10. TheBulwark

Very interesting I would like to see it in play

11. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Here is what i'm using. I play mostly single player though
    meta2.JPG

12. TheBulwark

Repurposing boneslaves? Noice

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I was trying Goresplosion on boneslaves to totally nuke opponent but it doesn't seem to work correctly with double physical aura

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. TheBulwark

Dang

15. TheBulwark

Playtested a few more times, lamia is amazing ranged sentinel is great. I also think that venger is really underrated. He is a great damage dealer and has the aoe even tho he lacks survivability, who cares, its fw! Also bb count is fun, im considering running despoil to increase his aoe range. Boy I am loving this deck

16. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

I love how there is so much variety in FW meta right now, devs did a good job on balancing the runes. Even though there are a few runes in the back of my head that I want to be playable again. (korsien, aspect)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    OriginalG1 and Sokolov like this.
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

!!!

OriginalG1 likes this.
  18. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Does that mean you're going to change G. Korsien and Aspect of Death? ☺

19. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Probably just Sok's cat who is trolling you.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's been the truth for a while, folks just don't say it as much. FW is darn spoiled for choice when it comes to making viable BGs.