Split Personality V Righteous Deflection redirect bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themacca, Jun 19, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just gonna point out split personality is considering RD an attack and redirecting it back at the champion that was orginally attacked. please fix

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Qucas and claydude5 like this.
  3. themacca

thanks for combat log proof you're a true blue aussie hero

4. Leadrz

Not sure if you remembered im from australia or not >.<

Thought it'd help out.

5. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

how should it work?

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

split person should only trigger on basic attacks, RD is not a basic attack

7. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

is split personality the only one treating the reflected attack from rd as a basic attack?

8. Leadrz

i would assume Rd's redirection is being treated as an attack.

9. themacca

well if you use RD on a unit with a dot effect it does not afflict the dot. however gravitone still gains the +2 damage as if it were an attack.

10. Leadrz

i've also been told conduit affects it (needs to be tested)
    The coding error seems to be on RD's side.

11. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

It will apply dot if the deflected attack had it, like hawk attack.
    Rd triggers warcry/split/bonefracture/etc, so it's, well, more basic than not.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Title Change to "Split Personality V Righteous Deflection redirect bug?" from, "Split Personality V Righteous Deflection" to reflect contents of thread.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

RD is performing basic attacks. If you'd like proof then attack an RDd Dwarven King.

This did not used to be the case. They've changed this spell's mechanics 3-4 times over its life. At first it just redirected the attack and the attack retained its basic attack tag. So Serkan attacks a Dwarven King and the Dwarven King and the attack is returned, Serkan took electric dmg and became crippled (I used to do this all the time with his defensive strike).

Later the changed it to only return damage as spell damage, so that it would not return effects like dots and debuffs. This was problematic in multiple ways but it would do 6 less dmg to IS so it was actually confirmed as spell damage. The main reason this got changed was that UD was boohooing over the fact that the redirected attack went through arrow eater (since it was now spell dmg), also, IIRC, frost amp cried about amped frost attacks being amped a second time since the dmg type was changed and then thrown back into the face of their champion.

Later it was changed to what it is now, which is basic attacks. It does operate a bit differently than the first one I explained but its very similar. It is now effected by things like hunter and evasive.

So, to answer the OPs question, it is processing correctly through the code. Should the code be returning basic attacks? No, they should definitely be non basic combat damage (like TLC).

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Wow I get drunk and high and derank... And a Nerf thread is made.

I gotta do this more

15. themacca

isnt a nerf thread. trying to get these 2 to interact properly