Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Have I mentioned Epochal Sage here recently?
    Buff Epochal Sage.
    Not in a big way. Just slightly more effective balance, or less CD on signature ability, or even just cheaper.
    Please.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Poison eater and shroom?

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes.
    Buff Ice Eater or Nerf Fire Eater.

4. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Just to stay in theme. Why Arctic is 2 nora (+1 DMG on snow, no speed penality on snow/ice, no chilled-frozen) and Lavawalker is 6 nora (just no charred and no damage/imped from lava, when generated lava is not even impeding)?

Also, I'm all to buff Ice Eater at this point... I just want to go for the LULZ!

5. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Somehow I feel it's tied to the inherent damaging properties of Lava terrain vs. Snow terrain. Still slightly overpriced.

6. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why the hell u give to unit with 6 range Logistics: Range?
    so she will be 8 range?
    and yes I am talking about Onyx Wing
    and if someone can explain the formula again,
    because I don't understand why new cost have more for the same nora or cost less with the same basic abilities

61 nora 46 hp 0 def 4-6 range 6 spd 11 dmg Onyx Wing
    62 nora 42 hp 0 def 4-6 range 6 spd 11 dmg Voil Sorcerer
    less hp, cost 1 more nora
    62 nora 45 hp 0 def 4-6 range 6 spd 9 dmg Skeletal Rifleman
    less hp, less dmg cost 1 more nora
    61 nora 44 hp 0 def 4-6 range 6 spd 9 dmg High Warlock
    less hp, less dmg cost same nora
    59 nora 39 hp 0 def 4-6 range 6 spd 9 dmg Eternal Lich
    less 7 hp, less 2 dmg cost -2 more nora

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are all kinds of reasons why that might be true, in this case, it's because the Onyx Wing is a 2x2 and gets a minor discount.

8. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

This reminds me of the old Snaptooth Murkwater. Multi would scale the Pummel down to 2 AP and it had Sunder. Good times.

9. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Nora link doesn't work with Illuminate

#justsaying

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I would like to see what kind of Regal presance change will came, some example.

11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Removing the HP and reducing the cost to 5.

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

This is a loyalty change, not a regal presance <.<

13. KingJad

I mean well regal presence would be granting 11 nora in abilities for 9 nora. Loyalty is the brunt of the ability.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nora Mine is way better, dawg (at being a cheeky jerk to Backlash).

15. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Right because backlash only exists to stop UT and nothing else in the game. Imagine how much nora woodland diplomat has to generate before it is killed.

Backlash units are hardly "Subpar", Draksar Psion and Cyclops Stormcaller are perfectly viable runes just not over the top like others. In fact, the only subpar backlast units are Mandrake and Ravenwraith, the rest are strong or at least viable outside of backlash.

You claim to be unbiased and yet you say that because backlash is weak, UT should be nerfed. Nice Firking logic bro.

Let me try your logic: Summon ant should be created with 2 ap because skeletons are weak. Here is what happens: Your opponent summons ant and swarms twice on your skeletons. NERF SUMMON ANT.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  16. Sokolov

So you feel that low cost abilities should utterly own and destroy 35 nora relics?

Do you have a problem with someone deploying Thunderhead Totem and using it immediately, and so by the time you cast Demolish on it or use 2 attacks to kill it, it already did its effect?

17. KingJad

I think the problem is how much of an affect it has already done. Assuming you already have backlash deployed the tomb has already fully paid off in LOL damage and Nora with a surplus of 5 for each. Meaning even if a counter is present before the tomb is deployed it doesn't counter it quick enough to even make it a decent counter. While yea it's still a counter because it stops tomb from generating nora all game the rate that it stops it is bad.

Possible solutions:
    Tomb cost to 40(probably shouldn't go with this one)
    backlash 1:1 damage:nora
    Tomb hp to 15/10
    Tomb drops LoL(I just don't like the LoL you can ignore this one)

18. KingJad

Could soul bond have the hp buffesr dropped from 12/12 on deploy and death to 8/8 or 6/6 and have the cost decreased to 5. The abilities stack and 6 nora for 24 hp transfers seems a little on the cheap side. 6 nora for the 12 hp buffer on deploy only would be fine but I'd prefer if both values were just reduced so it doesn't have such a large impact on death or on deploy.

19. Sokolov

I was just asking those questions to clarify what the stance was.

Also, I generally tell players I appreciate their feedback even if I don't specifically use the words thank you each time.

For example, just yesterday or the day before I said this to you:
    Which, for me, does count as acknowledgement of the work you do. I also think it's an acknowledgement when I engage in the discussions with you and answer your questions, while also implementing many of your suggestions and addressing the points you bring up. My time is limited and you know that I engage with you fairly often because I consider it time well spent to do so - that to me is a tacit acknowledgement of the value of what you have to say.

This is including UT which was recently changed largely due to your contributions using one of your suggestions - so the fact that you consider this "wasted" seems bizarre.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  20. Sokolov

In case you do feel like continuing the discussion:

I don't feel like this is as clear cut as you make it sound.

Again, many "good" relics are considered cost efficient when played - and countering it after the fact does very little in most cases, same goes for equipment.

In the case of UT being countered by Backlash, dropping X nora to start and then getting say, all of it back over time doesn't seem "basically efficient" or "no need to worry about nora" to me. It is true you get global damage for those turns, but you are trading an up front effect (relative to the other relics/equipment I allude to above) for something that takes a long time to pay off - why is that not a valid consideration?

That said, I can see the case for Backlash to deal more damage, but my concern is turning the nora vs Backlash situations into "counter or lose" situations rather than dealing with the nora generation sources themselves - thus we have hit many nora gen abilities recently, including UT. And I thought that you were on-board with this UT change because it was part of your suggested fixes:

Of course, lowering the HP on UT is a viable option, and it's particularly good from our perspective because it doesn't require code changes and doesn't change the balance of other nora interactions with Backlash.