So are Trees back or not? Discuss

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by KPIC, Jun 25, 2015.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't know if the Tree theme has been helped that much with manual cost adjustments and nerfs to some boosts. It seems like their stats are are still somewhat low for competition.

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Their nora reduction helped, but their status are too low to be that competitive. Maybe in Lower Ranks. But still a very funny theme.

3. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

i'll give it a shot. I've been able to get ridiculous stat lines with all the boosts, commanders, greenhouses, defender, fan faire, banner and battlemaster. Only problem being if you do want all that on the field it better be a big map cause it gets pretty clunky fast.

TheBulwark likes this.
  4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

But hey, willowind with cast: light as a feather back. Now all we need is tanglefoot with flurry again.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

im working with them and they can get every boost out their so far, but the 5 hp from treecaller comes at 79 nora soo meh
    but getting defender and commander is not to hard. i really like the change to willowind and patriarch
    ill say more later.
    Also where do you see a battlemaster in theme?
    can i haz a fan fair?

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Treecaller is a big tempo hit. I prefer Wood Marshal Druid upgraded with Boost: Treefolk. He heals and gains HP whenever a Treefolk dies!

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Treecaller does seem awfully expensive. I blame the Nature's Blessing upgrade path or having Gift of Fertility base, take your pick.

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

yo gore, what have you found so far? defender is a tanky man at 46 nora for his meat

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

If I ever get ahead on these summer classes, I'll have a chance to find out.

But having a bigger AoE on defender makes him better. Much less imperative that he move around.
    I'll be surprised if someone doesn't make an issue out of his HP:Nora if he starts seeing regular use.

Anyway: *reinserts nose into textbook* :D

TheBulwark likes this.
  10. Elves Rule

Battlemaster is on elven strategist, it's also useful for relocate: relic and relocate: foe into taken root trees.

11. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Take this suggestions with a grain of salt, haven't played with them at all and haven't played Pox in a while:

Treecaller is stupidly expensive at almost 80 nora without an immediate impact on offensive capabilities. However, since Boost only gives +5HP, you can skip it altogether.

In a pure Treefolk deck, I'd say Dragonbark Protector, Gnarlwood Patriarch/Willowind/Oakthumper/Tanglefoot/Grappler and Dryad are autoincludes. That leaves max. 2 spaces for another champion. Do not forget Camaraderie on Patriarch!

EDIT:

Lol was so rusty I got it backwards, Treecaller is autoinclude and DBProt is not. Good job Sok, that Treecaller is quite the oddball.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Treecaller is weird, it has boost as un upgrade but it also gets boost in tree form but they don't stack so why would you even take it..

Also i think wood marshal druid fits the spot better than treecaller, as it provides detection also.

Gnomes likes this.
  13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Also, Just beat mw24 skeezick with a tree deck so...

They can't be that bad!

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

wish i had seen it, you mind posting up your bg so i can see what i need to change in mine :D
    its too bad though that fire oak and spikewood still kinda suck

15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

no shatter or detection or? also what upgrades on willows?

17. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

detection is on druid and gnarlwood grappler

I don't have shatter, but flurrytree isn't very good. maybe could add him in for something, i'll think!

I have 1 willow with defender and 1 with cleansing aura, both cast feather. with lifegivers aswell i don't think i need spot cleanse as it's on 3 champs

18. Elves Rule

When flurrytree lost flurry a part of me died inside.

19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

flurry is ridiculously op though :p

Xirone likes this.
  20. Alfiriel

Alfiriel New Member

I couldnĀ“t play or month when that happend the company sure lost around 100 $ with my usual buying habbits... just with that change on me alone.

Gnomes likes this.