PoxBase.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Jun 30, 2014.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

thanks for the update Nea! :D

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Thanks Nea!

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Thanks, Nea! I hope 5 euro is enough to buy a half-decent beer wherever you're from, I'm not sure on prices on all that and whatnot.

4. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Thank Based Nea

5. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Beer is cheaper than soda in Berlin.

6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

7. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

You're the best, please never leave us.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sehr gut!

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Poxbase.com is a fantastic site, for new and old players, id donate if i wasnt such a bum. Take my mental money though.

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

he's waiting for you to buy him a bunch of beer again

11. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

haha sexxyy i love yaoi

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

As soon as I get paid you can have a Tyskie on me.

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ooh Nea you live in Berlin? Cool, same here. I live Küfurstendamn area. Near wittenbergplatz.

14. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Is it possible for minimal effort to use the code in place on Pox Base and be able to 'create a rune' ?

This would just excite a niche group of players. Im just curious how much effort it would take to make it possible.

Even if not 'insert pic' is available, just a pure Stat sheet with the amalgam of abilities, compiled with the costing and such.

Is the code also explicitly online or would it be possible to download the 'program' and be able to mess with stuff on our personal computer and then take the finished product and place it on imgur or something and upload to forums.

Just brainstorming

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The current formula isnt punlic so Nea would have to reverse engineer it. Without knowing which runes have modifiers it would be very difficult. There may be a few people outside the dev team that have the current formula but they may or may not know it and if they do they may be obligated to keep it secret. While I was on the council we never signed non-discloser agreements but it was an unspoken rule that things discussed on the council forums stayed there until it was no longer relevant or had been released/announced. I was able to post the old fomula because it was no longer accurate. I think its doubtful that anyone would post the current formula without Sok approving it first. Gedden liked keeping things under wraps but Sok may be ok with revealing the formula. Im not sure.

Edit: Hi DaisyDukeNukem. I see you.

16. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Hi! :)

Per the discussion though, even if Nea couldn't replicate the formula, just the ability to create a rune that could be linked to in the forums would be worth the time anyways I would think. If anything it would provide an easier way to provide ideas on how to change champs that the users could submit for DoG to review. Maybe if DoG is feeling generous they could provide a calculator where the information could be submitted and a nora value is returned. Although that might make it easier to figure out the formula; so they may not want to do that.

Guess we will just have to wait for Nea to reply.

badgerale likes this.
  17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It would make the rune suggestions forum look nicer if nothing else.

18. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Sorry to keep you guys waiting, stuff should be up to date now.

19. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Thanks, really appreciate the site (insanely useful) don't need to apologies because its not updated instantly, you have other things to do! :)