Fairies Cool but Crappy

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TheBulwark, Jun 27, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I made a fairy deck and I was super excited about it, ooooh the endless possibilities, fun lexicon gimics with living vines, adaptive kthir stuff, the hp bonuses to be gained from chained fay/banner/conclave warden/fan faire/crown of petals, and on and on. But it turns out fairies are absolute S%!t. They cost too much nora, they have no survivability and by the time you get them out and can start to build up, you're dead. You have either been swarmed by actual cheap/efficient champs or you have been crushed by good champs that cost less than what it would cost to boost your own champs to a somewhat survivable status. Im sad that I traded for the fairies I did but im not loosing any more value to poxbox at the moment. I wish someone could come up with solution for this. I get the whole little fairies woooo seems fun. But if theyre so small and weak they shouldn't cost anyway near so much nora to summon. I would propose a -5 nora manua cost reduction to all fairies. They still be far from meta material, but it could help. For reference, here is the bg I was running:
    Capture.PNG

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I doubt they'd do well in the top ranks but they are fun to play. When I play them, I don't bring out the Chained Fae until I have 2-3 champs out already (or earlier on really big maps). I also only run the more modestly priced Fae. I don't run the Faeguard Nullbeast at all. With that said, I am most certainly not a top player so who knows what better players think?

Edit: Small maps and against rushes are brutally difficult to win with the Fae.

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. Xirone

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  4. TheBulwark

If you take the chained faes out tho, they will have even less survivability. Also I can only hope once I give the chaineds ressurect it will help since everything dies so fast. Also youre not runnin oracle?

5. TheBulwark

And were are your nullbeasts?

6. Grandpa69

Grandpa69 The King of Potatoes

7. Xirone

I'd say only one Crown of Petals is needed, not two. I generally don't use Protection on the Fae as it is a big investment on what is generally an expendible champ (i.e. I'd rather spend the nora on a new champ). You should put one Chained Fae in, just in case. Other than that, your deck should do fine, if played right, in the middle tiers of play.

TheBulwark likes this.
  8. Grandpa69

Grandpa69 The King of Potatoes

I just noticed that elven artisan is a need in my bg, also I have some doubts about upgrades on conclave warden :/

9. Xirone

In a dedicated Fairy deck I upgrade the Conclave Warden with Guiding Spirit and Boost. Boost is obvious (more HP for all Fairies) and Guiding Spirit refunds 12 nora if it dies (which it will).

TheBulwark likes this.
  10. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

DarkJello likes this.
  11. TheBulwark

12. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

They're more about Lexicon. The neg equips just help with that. Most of KF's neg equips are better than the positive ones.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

From what I have seen, there are two major routes to go with Fae: Adaptive and Equips. They aren't mutually exclusive, but with only so much nora and deck space it's better to focus on one. Adaptive can churn out value through a sustained Chained Fae, while equips get to use Lexicon for damage comboes. Really, they're about stat stacking. You're paying a lot of nora for speed and ranged, while skimping on HP and damage, which means that HP and DMG boosts get a lot better. Set up Crown ASAP, whichever variant you're using, and go from there. They can get crazy damage output and become surprisingly burly. They especially suffer in the hands of inexperienced players, or at least those inexperienced with Fae, because of that low-HP, low-DMG construction, which can turn a single mistake into a chain collapse. One thing dies, they stumble, and then they melt and can't fight back. For that reason, I think Fae need to be played cautiously. They can also really suffer against attrition and passive damage. Seem real strong though.

chris0024 and TheBulwark like this.
  14. Xirone

Very nice summary!