Marouk of the Dunes, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by michael pietrzak, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Farcrags Sandkip, worth buying a pack?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2015.
  1. TOTALLY WORTH IT

70.6%
  2. Nope.

29.4%
  1. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

upload_2015-6-25_23-19-11.png

This guy looks super! I mean, that Sirocco ability alone looks AWESOME with pretty much anything that stands in sand....mobility with tunnel and good stats and cheap and what an aoe? so he can support attack retreat deter and he's got awesome stats..not only that he's a beast and can take advantage of boost or racial cards!! wowee what a card....I want him! not sure if he's competitive at all but well in my head he's awesome

2. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

guys guys so Draksar Lord has Guarded: Draksar and Skithmaw Hunter has Commander Beast! lol

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's the 2nd best Sand Spray champ in the game.

Take that for what it's worth.

michael pietrzak likes this.
  4. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

So after looking more at stats+abilities+cost I think he is actually really good. I think they migh be pushing sand in the direction of beasts.

Anima26 and michael pietrzak like this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Is it me or it looks like a manual cost modifier was injected?

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hmmm. I mean, spitter and imperator.

Why doesn't dune walker have sandspray?

Anima26 likes this.
  7. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Because he does other things....

8. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Suffers from the whole melee with low hp and low damage thing but he's not terrible. At least he's got 1 ability to activate every turn if you cant go melee range. Probably in the "Solid but not top tier" category.

michael pietrzak, ormen and Goyo like this.
  9. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

with the new herder i would probably take fire aura, he can buff friendly beasts and weaken enemies before you charge via, sirroco and sand spray. then next turn join the fight, also great burning sands synergy

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Why is it 7 speed? Could it do its job at 6 and be more efficient...or that make it too cheap?

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You could swap that 1 sp for around 8 hp and he'll be more efficient, but this isn't the biggest sandbag they could have put on him. 7 speed can come in handy anyway.

Anima26 and michael pietrzak like this.
  12. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Honestly I don't think he's great. Normally I want the new stuff when it is released but I didn't care much to get him.
    Small changes could make him great though. If you took his burning sand spout and made it cd 1, he'd be a lot better and create more sand.
    Even better I'd love cd 2 and have it char 4 or something. Either way it's ok if his dmg is low though because his role isn't a melee fighter based on what he is now. He sits back buffing sand dwellers and spouting to do tiny pokes of dmg. The problem I see with him is that he isn't efficient at poking or melee. right now he is good for sirocco and a tiny bit of sand gen.

If you ask me, what I think would really make sand bags better would be to give him murk take some speed, maybe a bit of cd off the burning spout

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What if Burning Sandspout gave bonus DMG or Evisercated/Charred if the target is on Sand, rather than generating sand?

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I had similar idea when thinking about the ways to buff sand hunter. +dmg and blind or distract if sandblasted.

Honestly, this guy just needs better direction. He is speedy and mobile (tunnel sand or leap + 7 speed), but has low hp and is a melee support. He could have 5 speed with this skillset and be much, much better.

15. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I like the suggestions, I would say something along the lines of charred 4 + inhibited if occupying sand / sandblasted. He actually feels sort of like dunes manticore to me in that I never end up basic attacking with him. too squishy and low damage for it to be worth it most of the times. In that regard I actually like having the 7 speed on him, it allows him to stay out off threatening positions.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

granting evasive and reflexes to SL champs in an AoE seems really OP to me.

17. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

I think thats a good start. The biggest reason sand bgs aren't super viable is because almost all of the units are melee.
    you know what would be interesting? What if he had 3-6ish range and burning sand spout was redefined as his basics applying dot if target occupies sand and maybe more if the target is sandblasted? What do you guys think about that?

18. OriginalG1

sand dose have range though and fairly large amount of AoE (better then range to me), when i look at sand i see such a diverse group of races. Skeezick, arthropod, dragon, draksar, beast, plant. Sand theme touches so many races it can be hard to come up with powerfully synergy as with normal race themed bg's

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    fattyy2k likes this.
  19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Really? A fixed 8 dmg cd 3 aoe is better than ranged champs?

I don't dispute that sand spray is awesome but it's there largely to debuffes and annoy the crap out of folks. Not to be a replacement for range.

Anima26 and BurnPyro like this.
  20. OriginalG1

things i have been told suck in sl:

rage band
    myx
    sand spray

i don't believe.