Assuming Boon was removed, How woudl you compensate various runes and themes?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by claydude5, Jun 29, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Maybe we could get a good discussion going and help sok otu a bit.

2. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

Keep immune disease with the Nora decrease is the compensation

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not sure. I figure, at this point, there are only a couple important sources of disease damage on allies: Afflicted Corpse, Corpse Pile (and Infected Zombie), Desecration, and Disease Breaths. Aside from two aura sources and some AoE attacks, FW really doesn't pump out that much disease damage any more, especially with the change to Festering Wounds. It's at an awkward spot right now where removing disease Immunity would be irritating and a potential problem for a couple of runes, but not enough of a concern to justify the disease immunity in the first place, or really any compensation for it. Really not sure.

4. 15Deadmen

make dese damaging only enemies, aura as well
    problem solved

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That would be inconsistent with literally every other kind of Aura, no.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly I feel people forgot that BOU nora gen is actually strong as its not affected by backlash.Combine it with dusk creeper and death harvester is OP if we lost it we will havr to rely on using cheaper champs to win

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not sure any number of qualifiers will make that a true statement.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Believe I had an old thread regarding this.

Basically the only problematic abilities regarding disease are the following in my mind:

Infectious = Now becomes a big problem as it makes the enemy champion able to infect your own units.

Lumbering + Disease Aura = mostly zombies. You could potentially work disease immunity or heck even eater into zombie plague.

Desecration = large AOE disease damage basically could get an enemy only clause or something.

Touch of Death - to some minor extent.

As for compensation I'd say removing the 4 nora from the ability is a pretty damn good start.

Otherwise replacing it with a themed 4 nora worth of ability of some sort.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yo, Zombie Apoc should replace Swarm with Plague. They do so much incidental disease damage that Plague would fit better into their theme, and would be unique as a swarm mechanic. Maybe mod Apoc to give Disease Eater and conditional Plague?

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

if that happens will plauge be able to affect opponents FW champions?

11. yobanchi

Zombie plague is currently a 20 nora ability.

I would love to see Zombie Apocalypse basically be the sole container of zombie plague and lump in disease eater. After the revamp zombies lost a lot of auras from the theme which I was sad for but did gain some nice AoE.

Zombies for the most part would be the core candidates for disease eater as far as themes go.

All the other themes don't really have lumbering or positioning issues (beyond normal aura stuff) anyway.

D4rkSteel likes this.
  12. 15Deadmen

obv. change other auras too -.-

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would be neat. On the flip side, not a big fan of anything that pushes the multiple undead sub-races away from each other. Still want the undead-unity dream to live on. Making it harder to keep the zombies and skeletons together just stinks, you know.

This would be a huge mess. That's going way too far for changing Boon, which is comparatively small.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Holy fark Boon makes some mirrors hell, though. Mainly the disease immunity.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe you could straight up remove Boon and see what happens from there.

Netherzen likes this.
  16. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I feel that overall boon may be a little undercosted anyway if we are being honest. But still four nora cheaper on all units would be sweet

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's undercosted for what it gives, but what it gives is useless crap most of the time. Like, an 8 nora ability that gave Lightning Acolyte (10), Psychological Warfare (8), and Equipment Boon (10) would be undercosted as hell, but I wouldn't want it on any champion. Pretty sure literally every champ in FW would be better without Boon.

18. yobanchi

Pretty much that

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Instead of Boon, you could have a half-faction bonus. That's pretty gross.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don't think you guys realize the impact that bonus nora on globes have. 20% of each nora globe escalates pretty quickly in mid/late game stages.
    I feel it should go as well, but don't think you guys will be better off without it because, well, I personally think it will screw every FW player out there.