NEW Leg: Corgi Ranger

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by KPIC, Jun 25, 2015.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think this new rune is alright. It certainly is not going to make me want to play Fairy although Battle Leader on a Fairy may work. How about you?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think I agree about the "meh" status of the rune. The flavor text makes it sound like it should be a ranged champion and yet Arrowshot is an upgrade? It is too early to know for sure, though.

Edit: -5 DMG on basic attacks is a decent debuff, though.

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I like getting two runes that are almost exactly the same in back-to-back releases.

4. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

This rune is still meh, but it has potential with Hinder Movement and Battle Leader. It seems like it is a hit and run frontliner without having hit and run.

5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

That DMG buff is pretty nice. Gonna try it.

6. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

I don't think I'd run in a fae bg, but it looks decent with ferocious bite.

7. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Don't look at crushing blow and keep thinking that

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Its pretty cheap, and the stats are decent. But it feels an awful lot like Lancer.

But battle leader is so good if u can trigger it, so who knows.

9. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I think it's a great rune, we have plenty of ways to add slow in KF so it shouldn't be a problem to get the debuff going all the way. Battle leader is awesome and a cheaper alternative to fiorn or cavalier. There are a lot of ways you can use this rune, just have to be creative.

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

battle leader is pretty good just not sure how good it is too getthe last hit even with arrowshot

DarkJello likes this.
  11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Corgi Ranger x2, Vashal Cavalier x2, and then a bunch of Vashal or beasts... seems legit. Thoughts?

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Corgi Ranger may be fun with a Starlight Sylph in the back with Starshine. Starshine cuts the DMG in half and then Ferocious Bite takes 5 DMG more off. Melee champs will be neutered quickly this way.

13. kagebunshn

The hotfix buffed our new Leg a little bit.

Ferocious bite now works on illuminated champs too. That makes trigger much easier to proc in either faeries or aurora theme.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We had to change Bite a bit due to bugs.

So now the DMG debuff doesn't goto 4 turns when triggering with Slowed or Illuminated, however, the bonus effect now gives Sundered, which will stack.

15. chickenpox2

how long before it get fixed?
    Any chance we can get starshine on ug2?

16. kagebunshn

I think sok meant to say the original defense debuff was changed to 2x sunder stacks.

I dont know what the bugs were...i dont think anyone is actually using the leg yet, which says a lot. Its kinda not tanky enough to replace lancer or corgi knight...but not rangey enough to replace a tanged unit. Its close to a worse version of ranger elite.

17. chickenpox2

if i get 2 rangers i may add 1 more snare fairy to my bg but it going to be hard to know what to remove

18. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

The bug was it never actually give the -2DEF

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The underlying cause of several issues was that the 2 debuffs were linked (which was how we were able to do the extend duration bonus).

Now they are different debuffs and don't overwrite each other anymore.

20. kagebunshn

Was testing out the new leg and it is actually pretty decent. Battle leader turns out being really strong on a 72 nora champ.

One thing that may or may not be intended is that the hinder movement ability does not count as a basic attack, however if in melee it triggers the debuff as if it was.

Was doing the daily and Hinder Movment was not triggering Sunderpede splitting, but WAS triggering the -5 debuff in melee.