Jakei.dek

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by doubtofbuddha, Jun 29, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would instantly replace Frostseer and Harbinger with one more Vanguard and Juya.

Other champs you can try are Nohkan Guide, Owl Raiders and Snowcharger Cavalry.

Icecliff Patrol would fit more than Yeti Scout (also there is Ice Dragon).

You should try Keeneye Crown instead of Halberb, and another interesting item, to replace the staff, could be Mirrored Shield.

3. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've always liked coordination tower if your looking for a replacement. I've not been impressed by the frostseer or the frostwing hunter ( hunter isn't bad just unimpressive) and i also agree with replacing the yeti with the icecliff patrol. Never had a harb so can't say how useful it is but I get super focused on theme so it sticks out to me. Juya would be a decent replacement for flying ranged even though she is getting very pricey. Maybe find room for a starseer for backlash, and the starshine can be useful. I'd look at elementalists, and nohkan guide and for a bit of fun i've always enjoyed chronomancer.

Just noticed you only have 1 2x2 champ that limits swap some so it is something to think about.

Goyo likes this.
  4. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I would definitely add a nohkan guide the pupil has boost

5. doubtofbuddha

I actually had Juya in there but took her out for the Frostseer. She just did not seem to be doing quite enough for her cost. I could see putting in another vanguard but, well, I used up all my shards and trade bait to get the shardseer and 2 Frostwing Glaives.

Are Owl Raiders even that good anymore? What would you drop for a Nohkan Guide or Snowcharger Cavalary?

Yeti Scout > Icecliff Patrol because of Shatter, and I would much rather run a source of Shatter than the awfulness that is rebound.

I also had the Keeneye Crown over the Staff originally. I put in the Staff instead of the Crown, but frankly have not been super convinced that the Staff is working out better so far.

6. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I went from 2 hunters to 1 hunter, and may just replace it with a snowcharger calvary. I mean, it has done some good work, and it is helpful when I really need a unit to be able to get to the front lines fast, but trying out the Guide or Calvary might be a good idea.

I am willing to make some small theme sacrifices to increase deck strength and I think having Pox Harbinger and the Yeti over Icecliff Patrol are acceptable sacrifices there. I mean the Harbinger even looks good with all of the flying Jakei I have running around.

I have Ancient Implications for Backlash. Elementalists really don't seem good anymore.

I like Chronomancer and had it is in there instead of the Maiden for a while. Not sure I like her better or not, but cleansing aura + mass heal + defender + dispel seems to slightly more than haste + slow.

7. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ancient implications doesn't last long enough to kill some of the more common nora gen sources and isn't very cost efficient at it. I use it for backlash also but the starseer seems like a decent fit for jakei or crystal bgs. As for the chronomancer if the choice was it or the maiden then maiden is probably the correct option she provides a lot of support. As for the nokhan guide, I still look at the frostseer and hunter as being replaceable. I do kind of like the idea of the calvary for another beefy 2x2 to help set up swaps.

8. doubtofbuddha

I am not sure the Starseer does enough to justify her existence, tbh. But, I will test out the nohkan guide and the calvary instead of the frostseer (so I don't lose too much range capability.)

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I haven't use Owl Raiders since the revamp, but with the recosted Boon of the Wind and the posibility of boosting his damage, he can do 30 on a double tap.

1 Vanguard 1 Cavalry sounds fine, 2 + 1 are too much I think. Also I don't like the Frostwing Hunter design so I would replace him, but it's more of a personal choice.

We used to have a hard time dealing with equipments, but there are months since I don't have a hard time with any. I believe the recosting of champions helped the idea of let equipments be and replace the weakened ones, without feeling being cheesed out or abused. (I still feel the pain of certain spells, but meh people like them)

The coolnes of Keeneye Crown is that you can replace Halberb with them :)

10. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I personally wouldn't replace halberd (Always run it unless I can cone/bolt spam) with keen eye. It's still the equipment worth running because it's on spot strike for your main damage sources, so it facilitates things against overly buffed champions.

Not sure I'd x2 JFQ because given her range the opposition would have to get through quite a few things to get her, and it only happens when you've already lost for the most part.

Jakei Maiden only provides cleansing aura and dispel, not sure I'd roll with this one given the price you have to pay for decent heals and whatnot. Elites already provide defender whilst holding the line so it isn't that big of a deal. If you want mass healing Crystal Phoenix might be still the rune worth running.

Hunter is quite boring indeed, because it most likely will get only one hit off at it's fullest potential. I for one have opted to use Jakei Shamans + Guide (which as I pointed out before is also worth running because kas pupil also grants global 5 hp out of it's butt) so the motivate stacks and gives it more space to move around, but it's still a rune I don't enjoy using much besides the flying initiative perk of it for font capping.

Vanguard is a good call considering it goes over 70 hp. I still sometimes rather run extinguishers at 71 nora because of their extra damage output and possibility of mild self healing. plus they max out at nearly 80 hp as well if you get regal off.

I like Juya, and I run her with Blockade. It's hilarious to see a wasted pygmy hippo stampede or static fairies/harbs. Needless to say She's a ranged unit with access to loyalty, piercing shot and declare target. She's still worth it in my opinion, especially since most jakei are cheap (lol 60ish nora Elites via equalize) and brings a lot onto the table.

Also Coordination Tower is a thing that can really get out of hand when you run Summon Ant and can deploy champs all over the place. It saved my life once against a 12 defense scale armor Talgar back in the day which I had to take down with 7 champs and a tower due to no shatter at that given time. Such balance, such joy.

Overall just look at which runes you would rather not deploy when you have several options and replace them with more utility or similar roles with an add on.

That's my take,

Cheers~~~

doubtofbuddha and Goyo like this.