Devs: Your Changes are Killing your Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zer0sum, Jun 28, 2015.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Thats like saying fifty shades of grey books are not good because they didn't earn a pulitezer or w.e. If your version of good doesn't sell copies, I rather my book sucked d@ck

2. MikeLin

TCGs like yu-gi-oh can do it why can't we? For instance, if we get somewhat BALANCED runes on expac, we can use the yu-gi-oh ban system. Read there format, it makes a lot of sense:
    http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

3. MikeLin

I don't know the exact numbers, but Im pretty sure fifty shades of grey series(3 books) sold way more then twilight. Which, according to popular opinion, is a better series(books).

4. MikeLin

Most people in this forum has not done any designing other then designing their p@rn collection in their room. @Sokolov probably knows that better then anybody tho

5. MikeLin

Dude, no matter how powercreeped it was, u can't say their ban/format system is soooo much better then ours

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

ive already addressed this with soko. he seems keen to give him a change

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

lol wuuuut... Yes, that's exactly what it's like. Because fifty shades of grey does suck.

chris0024 and DarkJello like this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

that's usually the time another revamp hits.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I relate to this post a lot - one of the main reasons I got into this game was because of the collectable cards aspects. i dont have this feeling anymore

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I consider "Fifty Shades of Grey" to be worse than detritus. But it made gobs and gobs of money. That does NOT impress me in the slightest.

Not sure what you are trying to say with the last sentence. Enlighten please.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

so quit...

12. MikeLin

Would you rather have a book that was "good" with awards and stuff, or would u rather have a book that sells(like fifty shades)? Assuming u cant have both of course.

13. MikeLin

The furthest thing you got to colecting(i.e. trading in any tcg) is with poxbox. It is quite sad really

14. DarkJello

I ONLY care if I like the book. I have NEVER once finished a book just because it won an award or, heaven forbid, was "popular".

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe what is being asked is if you would prefer to author a book that sells a lot of copies or wins awards.

16. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I have to complain too, but my point stands on that whatever changes were made, most likely affected such a low number of players that you premptively killed a theme which was hardly standing:

When Sheoul Demon got nerfed the first time (Recharge no longer having Cooldown of 0, Charge cost went from 2 up-to 5) for no reason, since I doubt anybody played it. Then, there comes the next nerf which increased its nora cost increase to Abuse Charged which also affected him. If there was still somebody clinging to it, take for granted nobody is going to play anymore.

Then, there it comes the Exertion nerf which not only affected Exertion, but also all effects that granted it. Nothing, literally nothing was done. Except for Execution Order which was given Shrine Exertion. Which, is as impractical as building a hard-rock wall in front of a nuclear missile about to launch. And as if the premise of losing valuable shrine life wasn't enough, it's still 40 nora.

Now, eventhough Exertion is justifiable to a degree because of people using it for first-turn font, capture, the patch-up (pun intended) killed the thing for certain. And nothing of value was won in exchange. Not even with the new and improve Vampyres, things still went down south for them...not like people was feeling like playing a theme which trademark spell (Vampyrism) also granted the opponent a benefit they certainly didn't need.

Now, I understand that Awestruck is killed by ranged, long ranged, multiple-attacks per turn champs. But it's laughable that it's still so ****** common, and more importantly, permanent. Several runes which grant it have no real limitations, thus, it can be abused as much as possible. And yes, if you have to kill a high-hp champ using range 1-2 attacks, it's the same as providing that champ with twice the life it's got. And you allow that champ to stack up on Reflexes, Evasion, and Toughness, plus siding it with plenty of healing, well, do the ****** math. See if you find something as wrong as you got it with Exertion and Sheoul Magus.

17. DarkJello

Both. But if I had to choose, winning awards has more value for me than money. I really like money. But excellence is a form of immortality.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Or how about we bloody don't? That would actually makes banned runes useless.

Also, what is it with you and bad books. No, I don't want something bad just because a lot of people bought softcore. I have a taste.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You high boy hearthstone has terrible shard values, only good thing about hearthstone sharding is you can get your full value back for a period of time.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, yeah. That's what I said. You can disenchant them for full value when they are nerfed. That's what I said.
    Also, what is it with people thinking I compare Pox to HS - I don't. HS is better for me because it takes less time, I can play it anywhere and I'm a hardcore Warcraft fan - the whole Blizzard universe is very appealing to me.
    Pox is a far more complex and much more strategic, but HS is the game for me atm, so I will praise it whenever I can. Deal with it.