Frost Amp

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Baskitkase, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lemme see the deck ideas so I can put one together and trolololol some too.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

serious, sarcasm, trying to make some weird point?

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Serious. Already bought my ST avatar.

4. calisk

do you want spell spam/traditional amp, modern amp, or my new modified amp?

amp has a lot of different ways it can be played you can really merge the concepts as well.

my current version focuses on using tundra whisperer to give frost damage to heavy hitters so they can do solid burst damage, has a bit of setup though so it's not exactly the fastest, amp is traditionally pretty slow with a great late game.

the up side to my version is that it doesn't auto lose to ice eaters/mirror matches like traditional versions, and it doesn't cry versus IS/SP like spell spam versions and has quite a few different types of damage for various situations, but the down side is really that setup, it's more then both of the other types.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Goyo likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don't think spell spam amp or traditional amp would work in this champ spam environment, at all.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@calisk could you post your bg?

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The snap/shaman with ice amp and icestorms, not the one that has the huge frost mist aoe.

Champs I've seen used are, snaps, shamans, snaries, the jakie with recharge, etc.

Is it too complicated to mix Jakei with Frostamp? That way I could use JFQs, snaps, whisperers, skip the snaries and go with a full Jakei line and the one yeti for evasive/reflexes or can the delegate cover that role?

8. calisk

the reason I included snaries was mainly for the slow, slow triggers shamans revere ability every round and works in mirrors unlike frozen which usually takes a bit more effort and fails in mirrors.

snaries with ice guard are surprisingly pretty survivable as well.

but yes if you want to attempt to merge jakei and focus on not using the snaries or crystal yeti's, be sure to give your tundra sprits frost attack so he can give it to your units when you need it.

my current deck -

crystal yeti x2
    snaries x2
    tundra spirits with frost attack x2
    shamans revere x2
    extinguishers x2
    ice snaps x2
    1x frostbug keeper severe
    2x senshu's
    1x kento

spells -
    cs x1
    gale x2
    ice storm x2
    swap x1
    ant x2
    tundra discipline x1
    howling wind x1

relics
    coordination tower x1
    prov marker x1
    ice shard x1

comments -

for the most part the deck is still in testing I just made it yesterday on a whim, I wanted to get a laugh off charging with a crystal yeti that had frost damage and 50% amp, then realized snairy was a good answer to mirrors.

senshus and extinguishers are the fluid slots in the deck you could really put any number of things in there, and the spell selection is also very open to interpretation.

personnally i think i'll try swapping out the kento and one extinguisher for two leg whips.

leg whips with frost amp and frost damage would have a potential 35+ damage multi attack on anything within 3-4 spaces from 0 ap, if I include a crown as well would increase their threat range to 1-4 add strike/precision, and the pull can setup for some better kills.

honestly that would be far more useful then how kento or the extinguisher has been fairing so far.

it's also questionable not including cores, I personally haven't missed him in this deck, but i could easily understand why some would want him in amp.

Goyo likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

ok, I'll go with snaries then

Figured slow was easier to come by than that but yeah, i want my shamans hitting like mack trucks.

10. calisk

crystal yeti's with frost damage and amp hit harder than shamans, though shamans can hit more often, it's good to have the melee option if you need it though.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Do you have to wish the yeti? THen charge uses his auxiliary dmg like pummel uses attack fire on bastion/hbov?

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Extinguishers seem kinda soso, the idea is to amp up so that their attacks and aura starts doing good dmg? Seems like they'd go down p quick.

13. calisk

They deal decent damage and for those most part you treat it a lot like ud does, send them in kill something then if they survive retreat them, with adept they will be full healed and ready to go again late game.

short of 80 nora he's about as good as it gets, I was running adepts though in his slots before him, found I was getting a bit too range heavy.

14. calisk

yep pretty much although you can do it as a surprise with savage discipline.

all abilities use the attack type furthest on the right to decide what type of damage they deal.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What about colossal jakei?

16. calisk

I've tried it, I've never really found it that good...that said if you gave her frost attack she could actually make some use out of her ability.

the main issue is she's a melee unit that gives the opponents the ability to hurt melee champs that attack them, and no way to take advantage of it herself.

on paper though she should be amazing, maybe with the jakei synergy you are trying to pull in it might have a better performance then I've had with it. st doesn't have a lot of healing, at least not of the long term efficient side, if that unit was in Is for example they would keep it healed up every round and it would perform very well with all their support runes, but in st it just tends to get worn down quickly, since you are used to Is you could perhaps equip it with a mirror shield, that defensive style of play might be more familiar to you then it is to me, lusara's staff gives ice eater so champs that end up equipped would result in healing her when she attacked them rather then hurt her.

as you can see above in my deck I really don't put much weight on equips.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ok thanks. Lots to think on. Let me get a rough draft going and I'll post it.