Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, it should be added to Titan.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If it isn't listed anywhere on the rune, then that's the problem.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Titan should be removed imo, I've been arguing for it for forever.

not only does it cause unintuitiveness such as has been described, but it is a text book example of the sort of thing the revamp was supposed to cure us of - a firk-load of unnecessary abilities in a bundle which adds nothing to the flavour of the champ, or does anything to define its role.

I'd argue it also creates as many balance issues as it solves - issues such as the UD titan having anti-synergy since it can't be saced or retried.

I reckon it would have gone ages ago if not for fear of the AA rearing it's ugly face again after it's billionth nerf. That champ has been a thorn in poxes side for too long.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Titan is definitely slated for removal

5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Take that dreadnought!

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hey man, who knows what Greater Pitspawn and Carrion Colossus would to do the competitive scene if you could waste twice as much nora on them.

SPiEkY and Sirius like this.
  7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

how much in nora is the Titan worth it?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Why the Firk does a summon have boost? WTF are you even doing lol. This is getting comical.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Semi-Common 8 Nora abilities that could stand a decrease or change.

Radiant Blow [Drop to 4] - It basically does the same thing as Explosive Attack 1 (Which costs 4) but doesn't have the Knockback. The blind almost never comes into play .

Aim [Current 8] - Either drop the cost or make it a bit more usable. With the exception of Moga Slinger you will rarely ever see the ability used. This is because you have to spend AP for an effect you will not see until next round. Slinger has Multi-Attack so its not as noticeable.

Inquisition [Drop to 6] - Kinda unnoticeable for 8 nora. Its good but costed at 8 it will never be taken over other upgrade choices.

11. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I think if Titan is removed, they should still ALL have Iron Will. They are your faction's Titans after all, and should not be able to be possessed or dominated or charmed...just saying...

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Hey @Sokolov

Is there any chance that Forglar Swamps Font/Shrine bonus can be increased from 1 tile of water to all tiles being water at some point in the future? I am no expert on balance so i dont know specifically how it would impact the balance of Aquatic/Semi Aquatic decks but when i play full Aquatic decks, the 1 space of water is very, very frustating and being a total noob i dont actually understand why we only get the 1 space of water and not 3 spaces like every other font bonus.

13. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i can think of three reasons why it was decided on like that before.

first was that back when it was changed FS had some really nasty ways to use water, under tow was a big one.

aquatics get a lot stronger, i.e completely negating the cost reduction if the water is easily available to them, especially in the case of semi aquas.

finnally during the era this was decided upon font defenders, and secure font was a big thing, during that era trying to stay in that font with all squares being water would of been drown city.

honestly in this version of the game I don't see much of an issue with it, BUT I don't like semi aqua's abilities just becoming free stat buffes, I'm entirely against that.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It might make undertow/pull + drown an issue, as well as slip water but then again people don't usually hang around outside fonts without contesting. It would probably be fine.

15. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] Dwarven Noble12 NoraCD: 4
    This champion gains +2 DEF and Majestic 2 for 4 turns. The CD of this ability is reduced by 1 whenever a friendly Dwarf or Drunkard within 5 spaces is attacked (not including itself).

I wouldn't say the ability is op, but I think should have a 2-3 ap cost to activate.

16. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Champion cost are more like guide lines than actual rules.

Welcome aboard the crazy boat

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just started using Lost Queen. Astounded people aren't on that train, yet.

Regal Presence probably does need that fix.

18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I think the last line was too "look at reference" but I do like the reference.
    :D

19. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Inoticed that their was 8 new legs of the 8 new ones you decided to make a dwarve,voil,firk,fairy,demon and the other 3 are ok .Can their be more focus on themes like ferren,salamanders need to be redone revamped completely ,centaurs,grintmaws,pirahnids maybe?,kanen, and anything else lacking in runes or hasn'e had one in awhile getting tired of seeing dwarves and draks on every release it seems like .Thanx. Also we don't need anymore barbarians please for awhile.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  20. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Zombie Plague still bugged? It's been like two months or more.

Netherzen likes this.