SL Sand group

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by lordcreep, Jul 5, 2015.

1. lordcreep

lordcreep The King of Potatoes

ormen likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hello there, I love Sand and it is slowly being buffed here and there :)

Here are some champs you should look at:
    Locust
    Sand Elemental

I would include another Mudkip (New Legendary) and Skywing Imperator , maybe another Myx Slasher. And 2x of the above mentioned :)

I dislike Rage Band on Sand because you can hardly make use of Violent since you have lots of mixed races. Also the +35 nora investments makes the unit too much valuable to lose, and one rounding or spot removal would take you down.

Sand Generator isn't any good, but's it's sprite animation is georgeus. You can play a stall Hiden: Sand module if you want, with less spells and Tainted Statue and/or Infestor. SL has a lot of good equipments to back this up (specially Quarry Mark), alongisde the relic Target Dummy.

On spells I would drop Firestorm and Transfusion. Also I would look closely to Sandspout, because seems too expensive.
    Also I recommend you to test out Cancel Magic and Dragon Fear. The second mostly because of it's versatility to play against a lot of annoying 3 ability champs, or counter some Nohkan Do for example.

3. lordcreep

What would you suggest to get rid of in the group to make room iv got all of the runs your talking about I was think of getting rid of the manticore straight up as it seems like a waste of space for the Nora cost for something that may not do anything at all

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I haven't tried it because I lack some of the key runes, but on paper I would replace Mantid, Stallion (Ambush is bugged), Varu Dragon and 2 2x2 units to open up space for Sand Elemental.

Sadly you cannot make full use of Creep and Crawl on Scorpion and Spitter, and their size would strugle you in some maps, that's why I would keep them at 2 or 3. Also I would do 17 Champions.

PD: Actually Mantid could be useful for the detection slot. Would need to try it, but solely as support. First draw him would be a pain in the @ss.

5. lordcreep

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I insist on removing the Generators, at least one if you want to keep it for a situational contest or tunnel enabler, but 2 are overkill.

Also Firestorm it's too expensive. It would make it worth on few matches, and even so Burning Sands would make it better.

I would go with some equipment like Quarry Mark or Peridot Sphere.

As soon as Mudkips get's available in the Forge I will play this deck :). Hope the new expansion comes with 1 or 2 toys for Sand.

7. lordcreep

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

That's very closely to what I would run now.

Play ranked on a daily basis, or as much as you can, and everytime you lose, ask yourself if your toolkit fits your necessities. Replace what you don't use often and isn't needed to counter something, and check if some other equipment or spell comes to your mind ingame, to include it.

Eventually some champions will perform poorly, or less good, and you open up space to try some other rune.

Have fun!

9. lordcreep

wooo yeah im liking the way it looks gonna be an interesting play style as i play a very push aggressive draksar group this one is more turtley i feel

10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Sand tends to be a slow creep. You tend topic lay tankier champs that can weather the damage and you outlast the opponent into the mid and late game. It's not a rush deck

Goyo likes this.
  11. lordcreep

yeah i found this out the hard way lol havent done so well with the sand deck but the beast one working wonders but as for the sand deck i need to tweek it a little more

12. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Lead your troops with sandstalker lord sand camo every time, great tank, sand gen, high damage, relatively cheap.
    I like that you run a varu dragon, I think he is really underated.

fattyy2k and Anima26 like this.
  13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/cllCxtCg0c9ucfFCaLClAcaKCf1c70CdQS8osas7iS7Ps84s73sYrPr3LeOe1F Myx

https://poxbase.com/deck/cpmCt=CUcwxcj4C7ZCxtC8gCwbCdQS8oS4isas7is84s73sYs1HrPeOe1F ~ Draksar

https://poxbase.com/deck/cj4Cxtc5iCg0cktCwbCdQCdmcqiC7Vc3-S8osaS7is84s73s7usYrPr3QeOe1F ~ Dragon

Those are 3 different sand decks ive been making, trying to incorporate sand into various themes.
    One is Myx (not hard), another is Draksar and the other is Dragons.
    Havent tested them too much yet though so they can be improved upon im sure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  14. ormen

I think you should stick with race draksar/dragon, myx idk what they do

15. Anima26

Yeah ive found that Draksar work well in sand with Dunewlaker and Sandstalker Lord alreayd being Draksar they fit into a Draksar deck and benefit from Sermon, Commander, Defender and Channeled violence. Its nice so far. Sirocco makes already tanky Draksar even tankier. And sand provides a good source of defense ignoring ranged aoe dmg. Sandspray <3. Tainting Sand Elementals is life. I like all 3 of my sand decks atm altho the Myx deck is just standard Myx really with Sandkips in there.

It might be a better idea to optimize your deck to focus more on Draksar or Myx or Dragons. Maybe, it might be better to not focus on a specific theme, im not sure but Draksar as an example have some great synergy with sand as do Myx, and Dragons to a lesser degree.

16. ormen

all i managed to comprehend
    edit: I wish draksar had a sandspray option, but maybe taint something

17. Anima26

Im not sure what u meant as far as comprehending. Im abit high right now, so apologies. I made a Draksar deck that had all Draksar except 2 Sandkips, 2 Imperators and 2 Sand Elementals. Everything else is Draksar, 2 Popes, 2 S Lords, a Dunewalker, a Spellsword, 2 D Lords, 1 Centurion, 1 Temple Guard and a Ravenspeaker. 2 CV spells, Taint, other usual stuff. Dunewalkers mantle too. It works ok i feel so far. I tried to make it include all the strengths of Draksar with Sandkip essentially.

It can probably improved i imagine, im probably not the best deck builder but i feel like its not that bad.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  18. ormen

i say taint the sandkip and ditch the rest

19. Anima26

As in no Imperators and no Elementals? If so, ive been considering dropping the Elementals tbh for more Draksars but idk. Im using Imperators for the sand gen and range, not sure if i want to replace em either to be honest. Like u say, if there was a Drak with Sandspray i might be more inclined to remove them as Sandstalker Lord creates a degree of sand along with Sandkip, i dont feel like its enough though. Sandkip is really nice though for Sand, i like him.

20. Anima26

I think i might add a Psion, probably for an Elemental.