League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

except that this item gives more gold in jungle so it will always be better than lich bane

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Great argument, I guess you also buy the blue support item because it gives more gold, therefore it is better than other items?

Before you reply again, do the math that I asked you to in previous post.

3. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Blue support item is fine because it encourages you to poke and have lane presence, but my gripe with it is that I never want to upgrade it because Frost Queen's is pretty eh. Starting with it and getting talisman later is clutch tho.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

autoupgrade blue item

HECKA SLOWS KID DANK MONEY DOLLARS

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Kayle jungle likes this item, ask the general.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Well, if you're going to play an AP jungle it's your only option anyway. So either don't play AP junglers or buy it. I've played it with ekko and nunu and it was alright. It's not just the damage, but more utility focussed. Mana hungry jungles like diana and others can still give blue to the midlaner and not fall behind in clearspeed because they run out of mana themselves.

Why such a harsh tone

7. Sealer0

Just a bad mood, don't mind that.

And you're right about that it's your only option with the handful of ap junglers which don't suck, but that's because magus got removed.

My point is, that for damage you will allways be better off by any other sheen item or just another item at all, and if your jungler doesn't have a terribly weak clearing you can just buy upgraded smite and buy other pieces of the kit. Furthermore, for majority of decent junglers the pink smite item will minimize their sustain problems. This means that in many cases you can buy pink smite item into whatever ap item you want and be better off than if you bought runeglaive. The only problem with doing this is that you won't have many slots for wards and smaller items. Pretty much the only character which this item fits perfectly for is Diana, because of her strong base dmg. This allows her to get a bit less ap/scaling with runeglaive and still have a strong mid game.

Another option would be to buy runeglaive then sell it later and buy lichbane, but most games won't get that far.

I'm pretty sure if the item was strong enough to hold it's own we would already see pros experimenting with it. It's getting a small buff in one of the upcoming patches, so I think I'll wait for that buff before I give it a go.

8. Loyaute

Ayyy, got silver. Feel like slightly less trash, but still trash.

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. Sealer0

Im in plat 1 and feel like trash ;)

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm diamond and I'm fabulous

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Wasn't there a guy here who liked Gravity from the beginning of the split? Props to him.

12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i did but i thought TL would be doing better. gravity's the best Bo1 team in NA

wrote this earlier- anyhow, right now i think regular season could easily end with GV at the top, then TSM and TL, then DIG/CLG/TIP

i'd like to see TDK finish higher, i think they have a high potential cap there, but missing the first half of the season is rough. T8 and NME are essentially spoilers now, and don't let's talk about C9

getting back to GV, my main concern is how they hold up in Bo3 or Bo5- TSM, for example, has a history of losing the first game in a series and looking terrible, then coming back much better adjusted. i'm not too worried for GV, but it's the main thing yet to be seen imo. TSM, TL, and CLG all suffer from the same basic problem for me, which is inconsistent shotcalling and teamplay. DIG and TIP to a lesser extent, but TIP is like the best team in the west with a snowball and then if one guy on the team doesn't show up the whole team fails- much more player reliant.

meanwhile the DIG in my mind is a solid contender for 5th-ish, middle of the pack, yunno, only it's because of their consistency. i feel like they won more games off good teams throwing than off their own great play, but that may be my bias speaking. i don't keep as close track of NA, too

EU, then, would break my heart if FNC lost now. they've already won like 13 times in 12 games, you can't break the streak. it'd be cruel ):

aside from my boys, H2K and OG are obvious. giants are solid, i've never liked UOL, and SK and GMB both looked like they were on upswings (GMB's is more interesting i'd say- SK's only works til Candypanda remembers how Bane Shift he is). i keep expecting EL to come together and start winning games, but they don't seem to know how to do that. and ROC is finally looking worthwhile. godbless.

oh and CWrip

at the end of all of this, i will insert my heartfelt opinion that if a team wishes to play AP ezreal, they might consider banning sivir.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    BurnPyro likes this.
  13. Loyaute

Was probably me. Gravity is wrecking and my other boys, Elements, are being themselves (professional throwers).

Morfeas likes this.
  14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

R.I.P C9

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- why you leave me....y u do dis

16. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

What to say when joining solo que game.

[​IMG]

BurnPyro and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  17. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Also, is it just me or does Talon suck in this meta?

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

talon sucks in most metas

19. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Talon's alright, but he's just out-classed by assassins that are much safer. Zed, LeBlanc, Ekko, and Ahri can all 100-0 someone and have reliable escape mechanics for when they're done their job. This lets them stick around to deal damage and contribute to fights after their primary burst is expended. Talon on the other hand uses his main escape tool, his ult, as part of his burst, so once he's done blowing someone up he pretty much dies on the spot. Not to mention the other assassins have an easier lane phase due to their amazing mobility, so it's easier for them to get snowballing.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what i hear you saying is that he'd be ok if there was literally no other champion in the game that did anything like what he does.

except there are several.