RegalPresenceisGood.dec

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Jul 4, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

New List: https://poxbase.com/deck/C4TC6CgMc4mCdYc67CfKCkycuJcuBc4ns2Qs4NShsnrTR2PrZr1r8e3We1m

This deck assumes that Regal Presence is good and that every deck out there is running it. 4x cheap Breath champs, 2x Afflicteds, Biles, and Queens mean that you ball up and then roll over enemy formations. Other than that, it's a stock-ish list. {GY/ED makes for one neat include, but other than that, the support suite and the rest of the champs cover the tech options and help out the game-plan.} Lost Queen is great -- a ranged attack, Regal Presence, and Last Word for 71 nora. Makes her a real nightmare.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Um, Regal Presence is insane with cheap undead and Dusk Creeper. Get on this, yall. 71 nora Presence champ and noone is using it?

3. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

For this build, since in part built around the Queen, I would look to protect her more from the spells by using Despoil or the Arc

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's not exactly built around Queen. It runs Queen because she works well with all the Breaths and Regal Presence is straight up strong, but the main idea is to run a bunch of cheap, champ-based AoE to punish opposing Regal Presence.

Here's a newer version of the deck, which takes out some of the oddities and stream-lines the process for stronger competition:

popupbook.png

Still not sure on the actual Necro Hex (the Creep champs pull a lot of the weight there), but the rest of the list feels good. Folks don't play Absorb Magic enough -- infinite duration counter spells are neato. It also makes a stunning one-two punch with Doom against some factions, when you can expect to not only vaporize a good champion ahead of schedule, but also blow out all of the common counters, and at a nora advantage at that. Even if it whiffs, it'll likely catch something eventually. Double Festering Wounds let you pressure the board-stall game and force confrontations, Skull of Decay acts as super-backup anti-healing, and 2x Grim Well lets you contest easily and sometimes win the game straight up. In some matchups, like Leoss or UD (without Demo) a single well-placed Well can shut down a fight for a dozen turns and let things get rolling.

I've found that FW has a lot of trouble with strong mid-game attacks by opponents, the kind often mounted with Regal Presence and power-turn spells a la Skeezick. Gearing the deck full of AoE allows for punishes on those attempts, and helps scale the value of champs up as armies build. If anyone has any questions about builds or rune choices, fire away.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I could be ;)

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

7. TheBulwark

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Is there a reason you're not running 2 queens?

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not good enough. It's a strong rune, but it isn't the true core of the deck. You almost never want to have both out, and with CDs and other priority deploys, having a second isn't as worth it as a bunch of other double or 1-shot utility runes.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the real strength of the deck is that it has solid answers -- or at least a gameplan -- against everything out there right now. Includes like Grim Well, Phantasmal Creeper, and Doom ~ Absorb Magic can shut down entire games or hose draws. The weakness is low individual unit strength and clunky movement. Fortunately, it has counters to the things that usually counter those. Bone Circle beats up Swarm, and globals + multiple Breaths can shore up the anti-ranged game. The biggest trick to playing this deck is knowing what to play when, and where to put it; all about the precise use of its resources.

11. TheBulwark

Definitely seem like a clunky deck, could easily have draw issues. Right up your alley though :)

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Bless this mostly-forgiving map pool. The number of crucial 6-space fonts has been dropping from rotation maps for a while, so going second on Lost City is about the only time pulling one of the 5s will really kill you. But yeah, only 4 viable 6 SPD units for t1, and another 4 units with 5 SPD. After that, you're dropping Lumbering units, bombs like Martyr or Bile, or even Xulos.

Scry hard and often.

TheBulwark likes this.