Beasting mmmmm with sriracha ;)

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by TheBulwark, Jul 7, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Made this bg could be a thing, tell me about it.

Screenshot_2015-07-07-22-25-31.png

2. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

For starters a better name

Goyo likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

THIS OMG

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Mutant Farm Animal Parade or GTFO.

Also only 1 croc? Taint? Rageband? No Quarry?

upload_2015-7-7_22-58-2.png

This is what my current deck looks like. I tend to like to make my beasties slightly antispell. This worked better when snogs could have weaken spells, but eh. Honest the doomballs and in your case the owls really aren't all that important. I rarely find myself deploying them unless I can herder tap with them. Just too expensive for the relatively underwhelming impact they have.

Attached Files:

5. TheBulwark

I have doomball but like you said he is expensive. Im running birdies because there is no good range in the deck otherwise. I cant get a second croc atm. How do you deal with ranged. Also valdec is a good splash right? For heals damage boost and magic damage?

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Beasts have no good range.

You've got the Doomballs and owls, which are both expensive norawise and acquisition-wise. And you've got the sandhunter who is just plain awful.

Valdac is a decent splash given that the discount is now tied to dragon/beast.

As far as magic dmg goes I use the Doomballs and an acid bird.

Beasts fare somewhat poorly against heavy ranged. No real way around that. Even with if you had the owls and Doomballs out you still likely get out traded. I usually try to deal with range by stalling until I've got a few beasts and a herder out. Then herding them and crushing charging in. Quarry marks paired with lasher helms also serve to make your champs up close less squishy.

Most beast champs aren't that impressive one on one and they don't have crazy efficiency to fall back on anymore. You will find yourself in a number of difficult matchups.

7. TheBulwark

Sadface

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

rage band is bad, have you not heard.

9. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

its actually a good surprise counter against sapping armor, and acts as a pseudo spot cleanse against stuns and such

TheBulwark likes this.
  10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Applying unstoppable after stunned or paralyzed doesn't remove the effect. It can only be used preemptively.

Burcho and Goyo like this.
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You saved the day, thank you. Was about to include it for the above suggestion xP.