Terrain Relics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anima26, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Are they worth using in a dedicated deck where the specific terrain is important i.e Water, Sand and Rock generators.

Theyre an obvious source of the important terrain but i find them so slow, and particularly vulnerable to just being removed that i cant bring myself to run them.

Are they worth including? Am i just bad at positioning them? Do they have to be placed behind ur shrine to avoid them being removed? Is flooding the entire map with a certain terrain too strong? Are they even needed? Am i asking random questions for sake of it? Yes i am?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Really depends. In my experience Water and Sand are great if you draw them early and can deploy them without losing tempo because their respective themes rely on the terrain so much. Short of a few Hidden: Rock champs there is not too much Rock synergy. Macadamize makes its own terrain so it is normally enough.

3. Anima26

Im probably just greedy when i use them and place them too close to my opponents threat zone, which results in em always getting destroyed at some point. I should try using them more cautiously. On average where would you say you normally deploy them? Behind or on shrine deployment zone? Or in a side font that is under no threat?

Im sure i noticed an Ooze generator not removing the ooze after it was destroyed, is that wai?

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dpenda on the map. Unless you are running 2x2 champs I would put them 1 space inside your font on the side closest to the fight. On small maps I would prob hide them behind your shrine. Water likely needs to be defended the most because once it gets going the FS player can just drown stuff at will. SL likely wouldnt lose too much momentum if their generator was destroyed because they have a ton of sand generation anyway.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, this is a good catch actually. If the terrain stayed after the relic is gone I'm almost sure these relics would start being ran again, which I think is cool because there are many ways to change terrains through spells, champs and whatnot.

6. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

They interact well with Relocate: Relic. Any generated terrain remains after their relocation. Also, due to a bug, they continue generating with a large footprint of terrain from their new location too.

So deploy near to your opponents, then relocate 8 spaces back to behind your units.

Goyo and Anima26 like this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ooze generator is removing the ooze, just at a rate of -1 AoE per turn, which is what all of the relics are supposed to do.

limone1981 and Anima26 like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thats nifty.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  9. Anima26

I only play FS and SL, theres only Skywing Patrol for SL and FS has no relocate relic. I am sad right now. IS has quite a few.

Goyo likes this.
  10. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

I have har success with water generator. I placed it cirka in between shrine and midfont so that newly deployed aquatics can use it and also it will steadily push water over midfont. Problem is lategame it can start to lagg like hell..

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

No to all of those

Anima26, IMAGIRL and BurnPyro like this.
  12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This actually is not a bug based on the wording. At the beginning of each turn and on deployment the Generator creates a 3x3 "footprint," then separately each turn the terrain previously generated grows out by 1 square on all sides. So if the relic is relocated, it generates terrain within 3 squares at the start of your turn and continues growing everything.

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I would love if these could be made more viable , I remember a period were water generator aquatic decks were run but it was pretty brief.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah we need the map covered in water in a faction with two drowns.

15. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

I agree, although a lategame scenario, this situation coupled with two slipwaters would be very effective. And insanely annoying to play against

16. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

That's what it says, but it isn't how it works. It actually increases its footprint over time. So if you relocate it after 2 turns of expanding, next turn it will create 7x7 tiles worth of terrain at the new location not 3x3 (only tested flood generator with this though).

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Aside from Ooze Generator, I'd say no. None of the others are worth the slot.

18. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Oh really? That's odd. I saw a Glacier Engine that made a new 3x3. Weird...

19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

terrain stab...

Rip(peices)

20. Anima26

So youre saying im not bad at positioning them, thanks brah, you made my day.