Witch BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by lordcreep, Jul 19, 2015.

1. lordcreep

lordcreep The King of Potatoes

Hey guys hows it going not a massive FW player but just came back to pox a couple weeks ago and making a Bg for each faction and i think witches are still in a strong spot so this is what im running currently and let me know if there are any changes i should make.

[​IMG]

CHAMPIONS:

x2 Coven Claw (Shadowstrike, Tempo) = 76 Nora
    x1 Death Guard (Knockback 2, Death Nova 2) = 50 Nora
    x2 Elsari Siren (Death Nova 4, Elsari Coven) = 72 Nora
    x2 Elsari Swordmage (Magicbomb 2, Fear 2) = 75 Nora
    x2 Experimental Warspirit (Fear 3, Revel in Misery) = 88 Nora
    x1 Fleshweaver Witch (Death Charge 2, Charged Heal) = 84 Nora
    x2 Inkblight Witch (Curse 1, Subsume) = 76 Nora
    x1 Mysian Lamia (Shrinking Gaze, Life Siphon) = 84 Nora
    x2 Rip Witch (Rabid 2, Piercing Shot 2) = 88 Nora
    x1 Sarinda (Damage Shield: Mage 1, Relocate: Foe) = 91 Nora
    x1 Whisperghast (Distract, Shadowstrike) = 76 Nora

SPELLS:
    x1 Anathema
    x1 Essence Drain
    x2 Mobilization
    x1 Soul Reave
    x1 Witching Hour

RELICS:
    x2 Defiling Spinel
    x1 Elsarin Vex
    x2 Scouring Jasper

EQUIPMENT:
    x2 Cursed Blade

So this is what im running any advice is good advice seeing as im not a FW player thanks for the help guys

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I play witch's attrition style with all cruse upgrades, 2x decay, one chopping block, & a lot of ritual of destruction. Bone circle staff helps. Inkblight witch is my favorite champ right now. I run he with blind. Lamia with sentinel and prep, if you run into RD or arrow eater slap reapers blade on her. Even Necromancer with cruse II is pretty good.

Just a different way to play witches.

3. lordcreep

ooo i like it just trying out some stuff but i donno if the bg i made really works tho because it might be to expencive to run so im trying to think what i can cut if any and how to make them cheaper maybe unless you think its ok because i did tamper with zombies like 2 years ago but i found it was quite a hard bg to use seeing as i dont know FW and i did do skeles and that works quite well with the skele wings but yeah i wanna try something different qand witchs doesnt seem to hard to play but yeah i was thinking of cutting out fleshweaver and a warspirit but i donno what i would replace them with i really have no idea what im doing lol

4. OriginalG1

C= cheep= 70ish or lower

Necromancer(C), Forsaken follower(C), Scrofula(C), maybe a cackling witch(C), swordmage, Elsari Votary, Ink blight, one boker if you have, Lamia, maybe frostvien(C). The staple witches, to me, for a cruse/attrition battle group.

I love Rip witch but she is expensive and because of deep wounds you always want to double up on her.
    Sarinda is kinda awkward to use.
    I have seen people use Undead crone well, but that requires a DMZ back round theme, and I usually go for anti healing.
    Maleficia is also popular but I do not use her.

If you like the DMZ witch theme with healing (witching hour) you might like Dark Seductress to help Undead Crone and Coven Claw. Then Maleficia fits well.

Warspirit was staple till the speed reduction. Darn Protectorate factions, ruin everything for us.

Elsari Siren & Dark Enchantress are not really used.

Wretched Witch is okay, but just okay.

In conclusion you can go DMZ witch's with healing, attrition witches with anti healing, DMZ attrition, Cruse buff witches (using forsaken exploit/ witches hour glass), or super witches (human based) relying the spell Foul Right and the relic Grave Yard.
    When you cross over into 3 themes for witches, that is when you run into cost or space issues.

that is my opinion on witches.

5. lordcreep

because i really like the cursed theme would it still be worth running 2 warspirits? or not just trying to get as much info as i can sorry if im annoying you with all the questions lol but yeah

6. OriginalG1

I do not run warspirit since he lost the 7 speed (I think he also had frightful aura with phase shift) . I became to accustom to it. Like when bone wing had 1-4 with flanking. I would using him with desecration earth though, over fear I think.

7. OriginalG1

i dunno no though, i am not good.

8. lordcreep

because it seems to me that with revel in misery would be quite good as champs are played they are cursed would in turn unless they can get rid of them in 1 turn they would always heal no matter what and 25% of the damage from any attack not just the warspirit in healing is quite nice but then again after looking of the deck it really doesnt work together really well

9. OriginalG1

Revel in misery can be it's own theme really, out side of witches. https://poxbase.com/ability/1647

Like I said though, I do not like healing and usually use 2x decay, so I was not thinking about revel in misery. Maybe if decay would revert back to affecting just opposing champs though...

88 nora is pricy though, and to double up on that I see where you are running into problems

10. OriginalG1

once you cross over 75 nora, that champ becomes a big tempo hit in today's meta.

11. OriginalG1

O

I would defiantly consider the spell Arcane Enervation.

maybe even Chains of Corruption if you have a strong human base. Arcane Enervation for sure though.

possibly even soulbane.

12. lordcreep

CHAMPIONS:
    x1 Cackling Witch (Elsari Coven, Deafing Aura) = 64 Nora
    x2 Elsari Votary (Commander, Elsari Coven) = 75 Nora
    x2 Frostvein Witch (Elsari Coven, Debilitate) = 74 Nora
    x1 Tortun Bokor (Elsari Coven, Resistance: Magic 2) = 83 Nora
    x2 Maleficia (Dark Healing, Elsari Coven) = 72 Nora

SPELLS:
    x1 Essence Drain
    x1 Mobilization
    x2 Foul Rite
    x1 Witching Hour
    x2 Soulbane

RELICS:
    x1 Defiling Spinel
    x1 Elsarin Vex
    x2 Graveyard

EQUIPMENT:
    x1 Cursed Blade
    x1 Bone Circle Staff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is what i have come up with now and i think it will run a lot better the last deck i tryed it and it kinda worked but nothing relly went with anything just cursing things for the hell of it but this right here should be better havent tryed it yet tho but what do you think ?

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you're rocking Foul Rite, you really only need 1. The draw consistency can hurt you occasionally, but that's a small trade off for a full rune slot in FW. A Tomb is also really good. Like, that rune man -- just run it. It doesn't make some matchups straight free like it used to do, but it can still kick the socks off a few BGs, and lets you go late-game with more impunity.

14. lordcreep

i was thinking about tomb but what do you think of tomb of hate?

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you're running 2 Yards, that might be a good idea. Also, what's your gameplan with Foul Rite and the Undead main champs like Votary.

16. lordcreep

to be honest i dont know i dont play FW i was thinking 2 foul rites seemed a bit much it has a low CD and with graveyards i can just keep stackinging undead until it pops up for a 4 undead buff but i dont know what i would i replace it with but most of this deck are humans and not undead so unholy but back fire on me thats why i was thinking maybe chains of corruption maybe or even arcane enervation

17. OriginalG1

Bone trap is good with the super champ witchs. (another real undead unit in the* form of a shadow spawn relic.) I would drop cruse blade. If it is not going to help you kill something, what is it doing?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  18. lordcreep

i was thinking about that as well the reason for it is for a super champ that i cant deal with right away so debuff them further than just the curse but i think that might be a little bit much

19. lordcreep

CHAMPIONS:
    x1 Cackling Witch (Elsari Coven, Deafing Aura) = 64 Nora
    x2 Elsari Votary (Commander, Elsari Coven) = 75 Nora
    x2 Frostvein Witch (Elsari Coven, Debilitate) = 74 Nora
    x1 Tortun Bokor (Elsari Coven, Resistance: Magic 2) = 83 Nora
    x2 Maleficia (Dark Healing, Elsari Coven) = 72 Nora

SPELLS:
    x1 Essence Drain
    x1 Mobilization
    x1 Foul Rite
    x1 Witching Hour
    x2 Soulbane
    x1 Arcane Enervation

RELICS:
    x1 Defiling Spinel
    x1 Elsarin Vex
    x2 Graveyard
    x1 Bone Trap

EQUIPMENT:
    x1 Bone Circle Staff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is what it looks like now i think this is really strong atm any other suggestions?

20. OriginalG1

If your having fun with it and learning about the fw builds, that is what counts!

I would be tempted to drop Sarinda for a reapers blade :p (some times it is fun to run runes for flavor though)

How are you liking Defiling Spinel? I have never used it, I thought it just defiled, did not realize it cruses as well!

I often find my self wishing witches had one more beater on Elsari Swordmage level do you?