Stitched and "One Trick Ponies"

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sokolov, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I would not.
    The stitched which can be reconstructed are much weaker without upgrades.Stitched dreameater also cant stealth without upgrades and use dreameating.
    Open nora space for other abilities is not really needed,just removing or recosting existing abilities and streamlining the design would be better.
    I dont really think stitched need to have more abilities,just a better design here and there and they are perfect.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The main benefit to Stitched Dreameater is the Dreameater ability, which only works when stealthed. Reconstructed Dreameaters don't have a way to re-enter stealth.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Of course, that'd be the point. Reconstruct: X is pretty pricey at the moment, making the units that have them have a lot of nora locked up in doing that specifically.

This is stuff we'd change/handle in such a scenario.

Open to suggestions.

4. Netherzen

Alright,so i can see the logic in reducing the cost of reconstruct,making it weaker and then giving new abilities to various stitched.
    However i just dont see how this would benefit the stitched,aside from reconstruct,they really dont need that many abilities and the change could just give them poor abilities and weaken the key ability.
    Maybe if you would provided us with an example along with nora costing to see an example of this change,i could understand how this change would be good.

As for my suggestions on various stitched:

Stitched magearm needs a rework,his design is silly and makes his overcosted,he needs a rework,i would like to see combo attack:drain back on him.

Stitched merged is not a bad rune,you get what you pay for,but he is very bland and a poor choice compared to tyrant.He needs something to be interesting and worthy of a include.

Which reminds me,meld,remove or rework.

Stitched seamstress needs either a basic attack or a cost reduction.
    Or replace bombs with something and set her damage to 0.

Stitched anathema
    Less range and damage,more of a cheap utility with a ranged attack.

Stitched mesmer
    Is a boring champion with no clear role,he could be reworked to 1 range and to have various cc.Maybe voices in their head ability?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

wHAT?! WARLOCK LOST REPURP??????

....f.u.c.k. this game bro.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Sokolov

That was so long ago...

7. TeaScholar

Well, I'm an old Firk. It's a term of endearment y'know?

Old Firk. Young Firk. Skinny Firk. Fat Firk. Tall Firk short Firk.
    "Who's the old Firk?" "That's Georgie. Georgie's the old Firk."

It really is a synynym for the word 'fellow'

8. Sokolov

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

OK gonna shoot out some brainstorming ideas.

What if Reconstruct created a 10 hp version of the rune with no abilities.
    Magician, mangler, blackaurd, dreameter all get MELD: X base.

Meld:X basically only requires 2 generic other stitched (and the one using meld) to create the real unit X.

Example:
    MELD: stitched Merged
    MELD: Stitched Magearm (deconstruct added)
    MELD: Stitched Mirrorskin (more beef and deconstruct added)
    MELD: Stitched Monolith (More beef deconstruct added)

The AIM would be less focus on destroying singular champs and quickly reconstructing them into fully usable singular champs and more towards SAVING up 3 reconstructed champs (or an easier 2 + the real actual rune version) to make bigger units.

Just a rough idea. You'd still get sacking play style but it will require more saving up to get the full benefit.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Or instead of deconstruct on those units... stitched symbiosis on the beefy hi nora reconstruct units.

The idea is to give them more of a 'put together' feel like their lore.

Your reconstructing the tiny remains into little guys who fit together into BIG guys who crumble apart into the tiny parts again.

11. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

In general any build is viable in ranked but the test is how high can you take that theme.

Stitched - main purpose is to bring back the killed champs remains to from another champ realistically how many times are you able to do this? Against persons who don't know the mechanics (noobie) , playing against a faction with low AP, low range and cant get off killing a stitched and its remains in that same round (FW) or a faction that doesn't have the offensive spells to use after a kill to destroy the remains (FW, FS) so where is the reward in playing the theme when its at its best playing a mirror match?

11 of 23 hit at 10 or more with 2 of those you cant play in FF
    5 of 23 can perform reconstruct with 2 of those you cant play in FF
    1 35 nora Spell that can turn a relic to remains
    1 30 nora spell that kills your champ in order to get depression and Psy ping
    1 60 nora UD spell that can raise the remains
    Masons Spire not being global
    The high HP, AP and Spells of the other factions are keeping this theme down at least at the FF level

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  12. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

That reminds me, make arise and disintegrate split spells so it will be more viable to do FF or different faction combinations

13. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Maybe the theme would be more interesting if large stitched champions played a larger role while reconstructors played a lesser role and more of the non reconstructors/large stitched became cheaper. With this I stitched would have 3 main types of units:

Grunts

Reconstructors

Large Stitched

The theme would work by reconstructors and large stitched interacting with the grunts.

Grunts:

lower their nora cost make them like moga in terms of stats! This does several things

1) makes reconstructing less efficient

2) helps the early game by allowing the stitched player to attack multiple fonts at the same time

I like what Yobanchi said about making the grunts combine to create all of the large stitched units. Only addition is that melding should sacrifice the melding champions putting them on cool down.

Reconstructors:

reconstruct x, sacrifice target stitched champion or stitched remains relic within 3 spaces and summon a stitched x without upgrades in that location. This ability shares a cooldown with other reconstruct abilities. (AP 3 CD 3)

essentially by making grunt stitched less efficient making them summons and eliminating upgrades this ability becomes balanced. lets be honest in its current form getting 1 reconstruct essentially nets you a 60 nora champion, this is completely broken. In addition allowing stitched players to reconstruct not just with remains but additionally with stitched champions makes it much easier to reconstruct without endangering the reconstructor (now you can just move the stitched champion you want to reconstruct back instead of forcing the reconstructor to move towards the front lines)

Large Stitched:

Stitched Symbiosis rank 1/2/3: when this champion comes into play it has 0/1/2 stacks of remains(maximum of 4). At the beginning of this champions turn it heals 2hp for every stack of remains.

Stitched Reconstitution: sacrifice target stitched champion or stitched remains relic within 3 spaces this champion gains a stack of remains. (AP 3, CD 0?)

Stitched Gluttony: This champion loses a stack of remains gains + 10 max hp and +2 def, (AP Cost 0, CD 1)

Stitched Monstrosity: This champion loses a stack of remains gains +4 dmg permanently and gains 2 AP, (AP Cost 0, CD 1)

All large stitched champions will have some rank of Symbiosis, Reconstruction, and then abilitie(s) like Gluttony or Monstrosity. The idea is that large stitched champions eat the smaller ones and gradually become more and more powerful. I feel like these abilities fit the theme lorewise and would be pretty fun to use. In addition a change like this might balance the severe nerf reconstruct x deserves.

14. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

no

themacca likes this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

man i've even seen you use warlock since then lol

16. TeaScholar

I thought you guys meant he lost the newer lesser repurp ability. Like, someone decided to just make him a range unit with no abilities other than loyalty and burn... i read it wrong

17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Regarding stitched flavor:

They used to be THE necromancy theme - even despite they are not undead, they were much more necromantic than serkan or xulos (those 2 are supposed to be strongest necromancers lore-wise, but ability-wise they both have absolutely nothing necromantic about them, and could be reskinned to, like, corgis, and noone would suspect a thing).

Now prerevamp sarinda and kiergana were iconic necromancers - they turn your dead into their servants, they rise their own dead, with proper babysitting they can stay alive forever and snowball into demigods.

Current stitched however, throwing remains at enemy, arising, and trying to out-attrition the opponent, feel more like hivemind drones than necromancers.

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

well duh,stitched lost their leader
    do you even lore son

19. Netherzen

If reconstruct gets nerfed here is an idea:
    How about lowering the cd of all reconstruct abilities by 1 when spells like disintegrate,repurpose or arise are cast?

Woffleet likes this.
  20. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

I don't understand what is wrong with one trick pony decks. There are plenty of competitive and diverse themes/decks. Having several themes that hinge on one characteristic (such as reanimation) allows for focussed competitive decks that can go toe to toe with ridiculously expensive(in terms of cost to aquire runes eg, 1,000,00o PB points+) meta decks. By taking the one trick ponies out of the game, or altering them to fit a larger number of roles, there could be a loss of theme unity and playability of the theme as a whole. While it would be cool to splash stitched into every single fw/ud meta deck, part of their appeal and strength comes in running an exculsively full them deck (whether it be ff or split). Also, Poxnora is incredibly complex and having simple competitive themes allows for new players to wrap their heads around a simpler aspect of the game without having to read descriptions on 1000+ runes.