Missing Names for any Field with "i"

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Griffiduck, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

I was having an issue similar to these reported on missing names thread. I was seeing the field names of all values (something.desc) for all entities that contained an "i" in their name. On my keyboard, I have an "ı" in the place of an "i", and all of the objects with missing names have their "i" switched with "ı".

Examples:
    Adsız.png
    Adsız2.png
    Adsız.png

Also, following is a loading screen image bug I had been receiving. I thought they might be relevant. As far as I remember, this loading screen bug did not exist without the "ı" tooltip bug. I am a returning player; I have just encountered this issue.
    Adsız2.png

Edit:

I am also unable to see the terrain of the maps that contain an "i" in their name.

I think this is a Java reflection bug. Any idea why my system is causing erroneous characters?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, from the information you posted this looks like you either have corrupted game files or a corrupted Java install. The first thing to do would be to install Pox Nora go to the installation directory and delete the Pox Nora folder and then reinstall Pox Nora. I am moving this to the tech support forum.

4. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

Reinstalled PoxNora through Steam several times and reinstalled Java. There is no change. Any suggestions?

5. Senshu

When you uninstalled from Steam did you also delete the instal directory folder c:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pox Nora.

You also may want to make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Also, did you start having this problem right after you installed the game for the first time? If so what are your computer's specs CPU, RAM, and Video Card?

6. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

I have flushed the PoxNora directiory in "c:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pox Nora", and nothing changed. I have also ensured that my video drivers are up to date.

Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU, Q740 @1.73GHz
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit

Also, this issue has been occurring from the moment I installed the game. With a slightest grain of doubt, I remember that this issue was present when I first returned to the game, which was a few days before the Steam release. I didn't play for a while, and when I started again, the issue was still present as it was.

7. Senshu

Okay, there are a couple things that could be happening. First when you updated your video drivers did you update your Nvidia or Intel drivers? There is a issue with Steam where it will default to using the Intel integrated graphics over the Nvidia graphics. This link will show you how to force Steam to use your Nvidia card http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...idia-gpu-instead-of-the-integrated-intel-card

If that doesn't work try downloading the standalone version to see if you still have the same problem there. http://d2aao99y1mip6n.cloudfront.net/client/installer/PoxNora.exe

8. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

I have updated the Nvidia driver, and it was the only available driver shown. Also, I have tried the standalone version. It has the same issue. Any suggestions?

9. Senshu

Hello, we are looking into the Header Text problem. We think it may have to do with the Turkish Keyboard. For the loading screen we suggest you try increasing the screen resolution. If you are at your max resolution then what is your native resolution for your monitor?

10. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

The screen resolution of the game is set to max (1280x720). The native screen resolution is 1366x768.

Also, I have set my keyboard to default to English rather than to Turkish when a new application starts. This didn't change the result.

Below, I am attaching an example to the map-render error that I mentioned previously (had forgotten to provide evidence for this).

Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    This error is occurring also for the K'Thir map with two bridges and the Ironfist map with two horizontal fissures with bridges running over them.

Since the visual issues and the header issues were not present before I have left, I thought the two could have been linked.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  11. Senshu

Pox Supports 1366x768. Try setting the game to fullscreen windowed with the resolution of 1366x768 and let us know what happens.

Hmm, it looks like your system system is loading the language files based on your system's OS. Do you have your Operating system language settings set for Turkish?

12. Griffiduck

Griffiduck New Member

My operation system is in Turkish. I think I cannot change it without formatting since it is Windows Professional. Also, the visuals did not change upon running the game in fullscreen resolution. Any means to fix this issue without formatting to English?

13. Senshu

Hmm, well there seems to two problems here. One is video related and the other is potentially has to do with interpreting string keys in Turkish.

For the video card part, are you Going to Intel and Nvidia's websites for the drivers or to your Laptop manufacturers? Also, what is the release dates for the video drivers you are using? The place you are going to download the drivers should have a release date posted next to the driver. Also, for the drivers are you downloading the Turkish version of the drivers if they have language specific drivers?

For the other regarding interpreting string keys we will have to look into it further. This is just a hunch at the moment.