Glowing Slider in Semi Aquatics

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I dont know if its been mentioned before but i just noticed that not only does Glowing Slider provide a great healing support, but he also provides solid water gen for Semi-Aquatics. They only need to be within 3 spaces of a water tile to be ok and Slider produces Slime (Impeding Water) wherever he goes.

Just thought it was quite neat that Slider can provide an extra dimension of support on top of his heal bot qualities when ran in Semi Aquatics. I dropped Mirevixens, despite her awesomeness for 2 Glowing Sliders in my Mirefolk deck, havent tried it yet but i like the idea atleast. He also works quite well as a font contester with Turtle. Your opponent will be more inclined to attack Slider too as hes not only providing heals all the time but hes also providing valuable water to the Mirefolk.

Anyone else noticed the synergy or tried it out?

Edit: TLDR; Glowing Slider provides water gen for Mirefolk with Trail: Slime.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. Anima26

I recently obtained a couple of Circadian Arcanists so i could finally build a deck with my Ctharia in it :)

This is my deck atm. Any advice welcome as i haven't played my Mirefolk in longest time. Two empty slots are for Frenzied Pirahnids atm, i havent got round to farming them from Skirmish yet.

mirefolk.png

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

if you goon surge wit teh piranids
    run feeding frenzy bro

4. Anima26

I was contemplating running it but i didnt have room, ill tweak it over time and maybe find room but id be more inclined to run it if i was running Frenzieds and Pirahnids but im only running Frenzieds. Not sure if its worth a slot. Im also only running Surge 1 on Frenzieds to A. Lower their cost and B. Surge 2 will be removed/nerfed at some point anyway, might aswell get used to Surge 1. His damage is still substantial with Banner, Loyalty, Berserker, MA, Rend and Surge 1.

Edit: Now im debating whether to take Surge 1 or Life Siphon...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

dw surge 1 way better, i used to run them at 66 nora

ALSO slipwater.
    get on it ';D

6. Anima26

Yeh i had that in there too :D but ended up removing it to make room for more generic stuff like PHS and Bubble. Spell set could probably do with being optimized for Mirefolk. Ill try and add one, is it worth running 2 slipwaters and playing for power turns? Is it easy enough to apply Slipwater with just Trails and Water front from Songmasters?

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, there are a few thing you could do to sharpen the deck up. Drop the collectives and the templars. Throw in a bunch of pirhanids. Also, while I liked the bandoleers at first, it ultimately seemed like there was plenty of water sources to the point it seemed almost completely unnecessary. I would also consider Tidemasters. And why aren't you drowning, bro?

8. Anima26

I got a Drown in there, did have two but took one out. I thought about Bandoleers myself but having not played the deck yet i didnt know how important theyd be, i did have a feel that 1 bandoleer would probably be enough. I like Collectives, Cleansing Aura and Starshine is nice, dont know if i wana drop em. Templar i didnt really like due to his high nora cost, i might swap him out for Pirahnids but thats 2 less Mirefolk Resurgence.

Edit: What about this?
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CgACfWCkqcfYczQC5BC58czwC5Xck@s1s6Tsqsds_Sms8HS5Bs54r39rWe1H

9. doubtofbuddha

Looks better. Personally I would take out one enchantress and the templar for two tidemasters and the bandoleer for a second drown. The Tidemasters should more than cover your water needs and with all that water gen you should be able to drown like a boss.

10. Anima26

What do people run these days for upgrades on these Circadians?

Songmaster: Flourish and Water Front? Seems good to me, but she could be cheaper.
    Arcanist: Magic Blast and Grant:Aura? Illuminate is real nice vs all the high def.
    Enchantress: Premonition and Invig 2? Makes her pretty expensive.
    Ctharia: Righteous Shield and Dive 1? Water Front makes her cost 90+ nora. Worth it?
    Templar: Rebuke 1 and Regen 1? For lowest nora cost?

11. Anima26

Sounds like my Boghopper deck :D
    Two Tidemasters and Two Paladins spreading water everywhere with 2 Drowns. Monsoon grounds stuff, Darkmarsh Enforcer also grounds stuff with Binding Chains.

12. doubtofbuddha

Well you have all that water. You might as well drown things into oblivion.

For Arcanist I like Adept Arcanist and Grant Magical Aura. I think Grant is clearly the best choice there, but the rest of them have some flexibility.

Enchantress and Songmaster seem on point.

For Ctharia I like Pawn and Dive 1. You want to keep her alive.

Keep Templar cheap, yeah.

TheBulwark likes this.
  13. Anima26

Double Drown would be more reliable with 2 Tide Masters, that makes sense. I couldnt decide if i prefered Adept Arcanist or Magic Blast. Pawn makes sense.

14. Anima26

Opinions on the current Pirahnids?

Tempest - Dont know about this guy, still very expensive with cheapest build. (Lightning Blast is sand bagging this guy, 10 nora for that ability...no thanks)
    Pirahnid - Solid for 69 nora.
    Bloodfiend - Seems ok at 77 nora, im not sure about this dude.
    Frenzied - Looks good at 73 nora. Cant decide whether to take Life Siphon or Surge 1.
    Warrior - Fairly expensive guy at 78 nora with cheapest build. Battlemaster and Vigorous Cry seem attractive. Hes also Amphibious with 7 spdso makes a good early game deploy.

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's been a while, so my suggestions may be out of date:

Songmaster: Bastion and Water Front (Flourish can be nice, but Bastion can prevent a lot of really annoying things from being an issue)
    Arcanist Magic Blast and Grant: Aura (Illuminate is nice, but the AoE is just that much better, particularly since I don't tend to use Pirahnid Tempests)
    Echantress: Premonition and Hydrate (though Invig 2 is also good, this is a personal preference thing)
    Ctharia: Righteous Shield and Water Front (but if you're confident the snails provide enough "water" dive is fine for lower cost)
    Templar: Rebuke 2 and Regen 2 (The difference in effectiveness between Rebuke 1 and Rebuke 2 is very high for the cost difference, may as well go with rank 2, like choosing between Leap 1 or Leap 2, may as well go Leap 2 even if you're not planning on making much use out of it. Regen 2 is personal preference, but I feel the unit is tough enough to justify it, but if you need the nora go Regen 1.)

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Anima26

Are Hydraxor and The Thing worthy of including? How about Corrupted Overlord? All expensive but im curious. Hydraxor is quite cheap with Aquatic.

17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

This is my bg and its friggin awesome and the only reason I dont run it in ranked is because the meta is saturated with decks that aquatics would have no chance to beat. Slider is interesting. I may try him, but without vixen, youre missing out on ap gen and great range as well as healing

Screenshot_2015-08-05-16-27-27.png

Anima26 likes this.