Relic changes. Topics: Mist of the Dead & Cursed Temple

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by OriginalG1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Mist of the Dead suggestion change.

This unit has the mist of dead ability.

Mist of the dead ability: (Annihilate but with Disease damage) + amp disease

Edit: Function: Disease bomb power turns.

Cursed Temple suggestion change 1.

Keep the HP, drop boon of the undead, drop dead eater, get ride of the Cursed temple ability and just give it nora leech.

Function: Let's FW step away from unholy tomb. It if you enemy is generating Nora, at least you get a slice.

Cursed Temple suggestion change 2.
    HP? Relic losses the Cursed temple ability, losses dead eater, keeps boon of the undead, gains relocate self and soul collection.

Function: steps FW away for dusk creeper a little bit.

Cursed Temple suggestion change 3.
    Strip all the abilities off of the relic Cursed temple, give the relic pain cruse. (Maybe put a limit on the number of pain cruse abilities that could be in a battle group.)

Function: Lets you have the pain cruse ability with out worrying about killing Elsari Votary (a pricy champ for his function) while using Foul Rite.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

I almost forgot Mist of the Dead even existed.
    I think people would use it if:

-increase the AOE to 8 or something so a ranged unit cant just snipe it
    -as is, decrease cost by 5-10, increase health by 5-10, maybe even increase range to 6 without nora cost change.
    -as is, but also gives slow or some other bonus effect like sunder or weakened
    -give a boost of some kind to undeads. I.E stealth spirits, buff zombies, etc.

Cursed temple:
    -nora leech is nice i guess, maybe add in another small effect so it's still a decent deploy if opponent don't have nora gen. I.E boost hp to 30 for contesting etc
    -relocate self and soul collection would be noice.... but I think people will still used Creeper. buffing hp would help.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Perhaps this?

Mist of The Dead [Relic](55 Nora){FW}
    0 Dmg, 0 Spd, 0 Rng, 0 Def, 25 HP
    This relic has Shadowspawn and Mist of The Dead (Spaces within 4 spaces of this relic are Mist of The Dead spaces (Friendly champions with Race: Undead in this space have and additional rank of Evasive (to a max of 3 ranks) and Escape. Enemy champions in this space have their range reduced to their minimum range and have no spell presence.).).

OriginalG1 and 15Deadmen like this.
  4. 15Deadmen

drop hp to like 20 if it's got shadowspawn. I like your idea a lot.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. SireofSuns

Thanks!

Agreed, 25 would be a bit much. Also, I was thinking that it might be more balanced to only reduced the opponent's range and S.P. by 1 or 2, rather than such a hard nerf. Then the nora cost could be reduced to 45-50.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

what about making mist of the dead give plaguebearer to friendly units in 4 spaces?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. SireofSuns

Hmm... I like the idea, and can see why you'd suggest it. Though, I think it'd be better on a totally new relic (which would be great!), rather than Mist of The Dead. Simply because I think that it would increase the cost too much, and it stretches the flavor ever so slightly. :)

8. 15Deadmen

dark rising+mist of the dead+killyoself+???=profit?

SireofSuns likes this.
  9. SireofSuns

Lol. That gave me a good laugh. I didn't think of that combo, so much win. :D

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Undead cannot gain Plaguebearer, to my knowledge.

11. SireofSuns

Well, I would go and test it... But last time I tried using Plague Zombie, he wasn't working right. :(

Also I believe the effect is called "Plague Victim", which comes from "Zombie Plague."

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Cursed Temple:

Add: This unit counts as a phylactery

Mist of the Dead: Add Insubstantiate

Beefinator likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

YES PLS.
    Like, it gets In-substantiate, or the friendly champs do?

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I mean the relic has that as a static ability on itself.

Basically it keeps mist of the undead but also has insubstantiate.

Add it to spirits as a 2nd sorce other then the specter.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think it would be cool if mist had incorporeal, cuz like its mist.

Beefinator, SireofSuns and OriginalG1 like this.