Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I think you're understating Paletress. Drop the Fencing Trainer Turn 5/6 along with w/e. Drop Paletress Turn 6 w/coin/7 and immediately hero power. Stupidly unintensive value. Also the 4/2 3 mana Hunter Legendary ain't bad at all, free enemy targeted minion Whirlwind every turn.

Also Darkbane/Lightbane could see some easy play in something like a mid-range Paladin/Priest, Lightbane in particular could do wonders with Blessing of Wisdom.

Edit:/ Ah, 3 mana twins. Doi.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Magic taught me a long time ago that if you have to play 2 mediocre cards for them to be good, why not play 2 good cards instead?

I'm fully aware of the magical christmas land scenarios you could pull out with those cards but at the end of the day, you could roll a Pagle or a Cho.

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Gotta say Fencing Trainer, when take into the context of the Inspire, and ancillary support, is a tad better than mediocre. Beyond that can't say I've got any experience with Magic but I'd rebut that, as opposed to both cards being mediocre, in constructed at least both cards can be easily built into a decent Inspire style deck without sacrificing any major efficiency and gaining all sorts of power.

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Aviana is gonna be good. She's in the class that has Innervate, so at the very least ramp druid will troll out some draw wins with her. Personally I think Mistcaller will also see play but I agree he's a bit overrated.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

6. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hyped for trying out a spell damage mage deck. Anything new at this point is great. Got so bored with tempo mage I made a wacky duplicate/echoes deck. Its win rate is about 70-80%. Everyone is mulliganing and playing out their hand assuming I am tempo (I threw in mana wryms for my 1 drop) giving me easy wins.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, spell damage might be a thing. Good units there.
    Although, if I were you I wouldn't drop the tempo mage deck yet, it's getting huuuuuuuuuge buffs.
    I'm sensing it might be pushed to tier 1.5, and depending on how things roll out even a tier 1 bg.
    Lastly, I kinda agree with Jib and Bellagion on Aviana: a bit overhyped, but will be a staple in Druids decks nonetheless.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'M SO CRAFTING GOLD LIVING ROOTS
    [​IMG]
    LOOK AT IT

Bellagion and Pedeguerra like this.
  9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, is this game fun and would it take forever to get into it/is there a big wall to new players?

10. Pedeguerra

1) If you are into card games, this game is as fun as it gets. If you are a Warcraft fan, then its just icing on the cake;
    2) Well, I joined back in Beta and up until now I had not spent a single dime in this game, entirely free to play and have a huge collection (I just bought my first packs with real money, more to support the game than actually needing to). @Jib might give you more feedback on this regard, since he joined not long ago and has a pretty decent collection already I think.
    All in all, I highly recommend anyone checking out this game and see if it suits them. I honestly love it.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

if you're into that kind of thing, yeah
    It's about to get bigger. There are a bunch of accessible "free" to play decks you can hope to build rather quickly and you could build semi-decent stuff with just the free basic cards at the beginning to at least get your quests going but if you don't plan to spend some money, the free packs trickle could be kinda slow. Unless you're godlike in the arena for some reason and can bank on it.

It's not as daunting as Pox though, if that's any indication

I bought a Bane Shift load of packs because my time is worth more than the cost. Grinding gold to buy the Adventures seemed crazy. I also completely stopped doing Arena because I needed Classics over GvG but with the new random payout, I might get back into it. The F2P dream is still possible for those who were there all along but doesn't seem like a good plan for those who join late. Hell I came back just when BRM fully opened and felt like I was way behind to grind it out. But I'm not as patient as I used to be, it's probably not as bad as I make it out to be.

Anyway, it's free to try, you're under no obligation to spend anything when you start and could get a solid week or 2 of play before that "Bane Shift I need some better cards" moment hit you.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You don't have to arena in order to f2p. A pack a day is easy enough with casual play.

Also there is no trading so gold foil cards are simply more dust for the forge unless you're really into bling.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You don't, but it goes a whole lot quicker. Unless you average 3 or less wins a run then yeah, I'd keep my gold for packs.

14. Pedeguerra

To any F2P out there, the best piece of advice is: learn how to average 7 wins in Arena. That alone will ensure you never have to spend real cash if you are willing to grind.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Arena play isn't very inspiring to me. I'd rather play a less than complete deck in constructed and watch it perform better as my collection grows. It's also a better way to hone deck building skill. But if you like arena format then of course play it. I just wouldn't do it in order to 'grind' out extra gold. You gotta play the game sooner or later.

16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This. I loved Arena and was good at it so I built my collection much faster than my friends did. Even averaging like 4 wins it tends to be faster overall value than just dumping gold directly into packs.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

@Pedeguerra , I am surprised you don't hate the way this looks.

18. Pedeguerra

TBH I hated a lot of the art on this new expansion, but this one doesn't bother me much. Plus, animation on these cards are the shiz.

Edit: BTW, it was hinted somewhere that Lava Corgis might be released in there eventually. You should watch how I will rage at their forums the day this happens. :D

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I'd love to be able to do stuff like that for Pox, but the engine simply doesn't support anything of the sort right now.

20. Pedeguerra

This would be incredible, yes.