Poxnora analysis from a non-commited player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dooiefries, Aug 18, 2015.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

My personal opinion on what Pox is lacking is a goal for players to work toward.

bambino likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Beat the opponent through good BG composition and tactics?

Repeat.

;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

"Beat the opponent through good BG composition and tactics?Repeat."

and thats why we have maybe 30 players (most not even battling) in the battlegrounds at any given time

a progression system, achievements, maybe the DoW as stated,, where fac can fight for control points and get rewards based on victory? all these things can be affected while u beat somebody with a good BG composition,, becuz that might help lure players. and will definitely give us some kinda more meaningful drive to play,
    as opposed to playing a match and then repeat which gets pretty lame pretty fast.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Hilarious and true, and personally experienced myself while trying to recruit friends and family to play (0% success rate so far).

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pox 2.0 please.

Skeezick likes this.
  6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

People shelled out $100k crowdfunding for Duelyst, a tepid Hearthstone clone set in Baby's First Tactics grid. Largely because they had some flashy names attached to the project (Diablo III "Producer", Rogue's pixel artist) despite it being almost exclusively coded and run by a no-name iOS app-maker (my friend from college).

We all know in our heats and loins that Pox is the greatest tactics game ever created, with superior art assets and lore.

I believe that with the right Big (gaming) Name backing and promotion, Pox 2.0 could be crowdfunded and become a reality.

We yearn for the rebirth of our One True Love, Pox Nora, to whom we are hopelessly devoted.

7. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

only way to go,start from scratch

8. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

hahaha totally true, I remember when I started playing I was like "How am I supposed to read all this crap in a minute?!".

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

PoxNora 2.0 will be us all complaining on a new forum about "What's REALLY wrong with Pox 2.0" amirite?

Pox player's #1 hobby is complaining and coming up with "how to fix Pox FOR GOOD: this time we're serious edition". I mean this seriously since half of us on these forums don't even, or rarely, play the game regularly lol

Beefinator likes this.
  10. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I don't disagree with your notes on this, but for me, I don't need progression and so on. The gameplay is what has me hooked. It's just like playing a boardgame, in a good way.

I know that progression systems work in relatively simpler on line games, but pox for me is about the tactical depth.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The last bit rings true. This is like an abusive spouse that you just keep coming back to. For various reasons, saxy time being the leading factor.

12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@Fentum dont get me wrong,,, even now , the way pox is,, its a great game incredibly challenging, lots of strategic depth, ,, as is,,,
    I was just going off the discussion of op mostly,,, what we need to bring/retain players. ...what we have aint cutting it,,even tho lots of positive changes are being made,,overall pop is still low,, stragety enthusiasts are small and dying breed,, so even tho I enjoy core game very much also,, its the edges we need to fluff up.
    jmo

Fentum likes this.