Problems with the game server and online page.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffknight, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Hello,
    I know that this may not be the place where to post this but its the place with the most visibility.
    I'm from Europe/Romania and since this morning I cannot login to the game server and the poxnora.com loads very slow, when it loads that is.

I'm using the steam version of the game, and just make this clear, I only have loading issues with pox nora , everything else works just fine.

Is this a general issue ? Are there other players experiencing this after the new expansion ?

Thanks

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'll let this stay in GD for now. Carry on. Also, bump.

3. Puffknight

Managed to log in finally , but its like 2 minutes to switch between lobbies. Unplayable for me at this time. I reinstalled java, flushed DNS , cleared Browser DNS, cleared tem and old prefetch data etc. Dunno what else to do..

---> Bought two mega boxes thus far and it pisses me off that I cannot play it... It worked just fine until this morning , and I have made no changes to the PC . Opened steam , ther was an update in pending for pox, I guess the hotfix, let the update through , opened the game and poof could not login , some NULL stull error.

4. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

The game can be laggy right after new expansions. But your issues sounds rather extreme.

5. Puffknight

Its beyond laggy, lag I can bear but this , no way in hell.I just hope that someone has a suggestion on what to do .

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i've had this problem before @Senshu said it was an issue with my ISP. whatever it was it stopped by the next day so you'll be alright

7. Puffknight

Its something to do with the Poxnora server as a whole , since even the webpage is laggy for me. All other pages load up in a second, pox takes 1 - 2 minutes. Tried different browsers , same , removed AV and all other stuff that may interfere , same.

8. Puffknight

Hope you are right.

9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

just curious , for people who joined the game through steam,, what would happen if they just dl client to desk top and sign in this way?,, or is there even a sign in for pox when using steam? do you sign into steam then you just click on pox to play?

10. Puffknight

Yes , sign in to Steam then play Pox.

11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

so what would happen if u went to poxnora.com. downloaded and run client without steam?(thats how I play)...

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You have to use the Steam version of Pox in Steam because all of the Rune Manager, Marketplace, etc. interface is actually run through Steam itself. If you want a standalone then you can download it from https://www.poxnora.com/download.do

To clearify on what @themacca said, it is how your ISP is routing you to the website. A simple explanation would be does your connection go through 5 datacenters to get to our server or 15 and if one or more of those data centers is getting slammed for any reason that will slow it down. Or, this can be caused if how data is being routed is being updated. Let us know if this continues to be an issue for you.