Removing Splits from ranked 2 v 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 22, 2015.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I know the people abusing this will come attack me. I think 2 v 2 was much more strategic when only FF Bgs were allowed. Because if u wanted synergy between 2 factions you would actually have to work as a team. Now we got one guy abusing FW/ST and the other doing some other split and each guy abuses it on their own without any skill or teamwork LOL. Its just my opinion tho. Idk why this ever got changed and it was my understanding that at some people it would go back to the way it was but it hasn't.

Rokkushun likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

How about we get them out of 1v1 ranked too?

Ragic likes this.
  3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe because of kanen, leoss, stitched, and tortun.

5. EnigmaXIII

I really hope sok or someone sees this.. I think everyone wants it disabled again. I know so many people who quit 2 v 2 because of this. 2 v 2 already had so much to abuse, but facing 4 different factions makes it ridiculous.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

u wouldnt be able to get the hero's tho.

7. EnigmaXIII

You have a point. It would be a loss in certain situations. But i do believe it is doing more harm than good. Like i said, i know many players who tell me they quit 2 v 2 specifically because splits are now allowed. Considering how few of us play 2 v 2 these days, every man counts. I realize most people dont care about 2 v 2, but its really the only reason i play pox. I find 1 v 1 boring. I like those long games where you already used all the champs in your deck and u have them coming off CD for the 2nd time. I also think 2 v 2 is one of the things that makes pox unique. I play hearthstone which i find more fun for 1 v 1. But nothing else has that 2 v 2 experience. Anyways i realize im the minority, and i get why 1 v 1 is the focus, but it would be nice to at least have these little things go our way.

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

just another thing that is likely to go unchanged since the devs are too afraid to "push the envelope".

is that the right expression?

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

split facs allow an incedible amount of BG combinations,, this would be good for any Collectable,
    yet I do agree with op..I want to play 2v2, ive always been a mp fan..the more the merrier,, mtgo 3v3. very fun, but in pox I dont feel that pull,,, maybe cuz no attention has been put to it at all,, besides removing practice matches..why? if its ranked only,, then there wouldnt be nothing wrong with a specific rules set,, such as op state fer example..and maybe some maps devoted to 2v2? sadly 2v2 is the stepchild of pox.

10. EnigmaXIII

I agree with all of that. I love the number of combinations splits bring but it does more harm than good. And on that note i dont get why practice matches were removed for 2 v 2 either.. Like just add a button for it, they clearly already had the code needed. And your idea of 2 v 2 exclusive maps sounds awesome! Man that really doesnt seem like much but it could really push 2 v 2. I would also love if there was an option to /join a 2 v 2 chat. So you can make teams and what not.

11. EnigmaXIII

@Sokolov id love to get some intel man lol. What are the plans? (If any)

12. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I have an idea! Delete 2v2.

Thbigchief and Pattn199 like this.
  13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Bring back the match filter.

14. bambino

nah. 2v2 is kool,, it might not be for all but the last thing pox needs is to be taking away things to do ,, I really would like to play more 2v2 if it was enhanced to fit the difference of 1v1

15. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I would definitely play 2v2 again if they made it full faction only.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  16. entropy222

entropy222 The King of Potatoes

Splits just opens up so many possibilities in 2v2. You would still see a lot of cheese if it were FF only. Witches, blocks, psychic, elf spam, grims treach... All that and more is still ripe for abuse. There needs to be some tempo hit for global effects first and foremost, reductions in damage or length of duration (though I assume this to be a major headache on the coding side). Board wipes should be possible, but not as easy as they are now.

I would be more receptive to something like keeping splits but make 2v2 highlander. We would definitely see the range of whats played increase, which would be refreshing as hell.

17. bambino

highlander in 2v2? now thats not bad,
    im pretty sure this coded in,,, as we have it in dailys, so it would be no effort,, lil things like this would make worlds of difference, imo,,, new runes andgetting rune balance is nice and all at expansion time,, but these are something the game always needs,, its like getting socks fer xmas,, wheres my ooooh factor. lol

18. EnigmaXIII

I like your ideas but i still disagree. I realize how much splits open up. But thats just too bad. There is WAY more being abused now. Its not like this is some hypothetical argument. We know what it was like without splits, and what it is like now with splits. It was MUCH less abusive without splits. People running jek with magnify beast and shielding it didnt happen. People having 4 factions worth of spells just allows overpowered plays. Yes it opens up opportunity but thats exactly the problem. Its not a one sided issue, i agree. But the bad side just isnt worth it in my opinion. And highlander would be too constrictive and pushes for splits even more in my opinion. Not to mention it would make it harder for new players to play since they dont have every rune in the game.

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

first can we ban ipox from 2v2 that will resolve some issues

20. EnigmaXIII

But i like ipox.. hes the best person in the game at finding abusable mechanics.. hes like always the first to do it