Ferren

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Beasts for life, Aug 6, 2015.

1. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would like 2 AP as well. I can see the benefits with swap compared to recall: ally etc but 3 AP denies you from attacking a little to often and u dont want to swap in a range dude to melee etc.

2. daeminicus

Anyone else running FF Ferren that use Ferren Windwalker?

Sunder is great but his stats makes him squishy for a 78 nora champion with 6 speed. If u can land a basic attack triggering Scrapper is great but I feel he should be abit cheaper, maybe 3 nora less. Quest: runner is not triggering fast enough to be worth it imo.

78 feels to expensive. I cant personally find a spot for him.

3. Nazzurs

Nazzurs New Member

Agree on Windwalker. I think he really hinges on Quest: Runner. If you drop him early he can eventually get big enough for his cost, but after mid game he doesn't do much. Snowspinners essentially give Scrapper anyways.

Lonx Maurader's Hunter: Crippled has nice synergy with all the frozen/sunder. It's unfortunately not a Ferren, but it does provide a significant amount of ranged damage after Ferren Focus goes up.

You know who else has Hunter: Crippled? Serpentfly, who also has Dispelling Blows. Just thought that was kind of interesting. Now I'm off to make a Serpentfly/Ferren/Sunder bg that will in no way be completely terrible.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sunder after three or four attacks is negligible...

I can see you potentially doing +20 damage with Serpenfly, but your positioning after that would be bad.

5. daeminicus

I think sunder can stay at 4th attack but O would like more distract and slow ability to easier triggar ferren focus.

Like give us a ferren with shatter and nova: frost. Would had been awesome. Doesnt really need a strong attack and 6 speed would do

6. daeminicus

I also would like to see a champion like tid "Ferren Tracker" with detection 2, call of The Hunt, swap 3. 9 dmg, range 1, speed 6 and 41 hp about 74-78 nora.

7. Izha

Izha The King of Potatoes

How are you running FF ferren right now?

Some BGs?

8. daeminicus

9. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I would take out ninja for 2x brawler

10. daeminicus

I prefer 15 dmg 73 nora Ninja´s over Brawlers.

I run hidden: arctic and domain: shadows. I try to deploy Ninjas only if I got arcti gift up and a snowspinner.

11. Beasts for life

How about hidden artic, multi atk and savage exploit for 64 Nora

12. daeminicus

With brawlers I would had run Duel instead of hidden arctic. I most use hidden: arctic on Ninjas since I feel they get to expensive with other upgrades.

I like your idea with brawler, but I love those damn ninjas, but I may swap.

Its saddens me to see that Ninjas wont take a spot with Ferrens.

13. Beasts for life

I remember when ninja was the best unit in the game.

daeminicus likes this.
  14. daeminicus

Good old days :p
    But seriously a run so awesome looking as Ninja, should really be able to take a spot in a FF Ferren BG, thats the ony BG I guess he/she would be played in atm.
    I would like to see deploy: snow trap back on base =)

15. Beasts for life

It seems like he was supposed to get snow trap back. What's the point of having dragging attack.

16. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Maybe it's just me but after playing for a bit as Ferren I found them to be a lot of fun and ferren-like (especially when they dance). Certainly not top tier, but they did feel strong in their own way.

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would't say strong. I feel they need some tweaks so it's mobility and condition spam can shine over it's low damage potential.

18. daeminicus

They are fun, but atm I feel Ferren is based around cloudwisp and dancer. I just spam Ferrens, I may play a few spells in a match. I do well now at 900ish rating after dropping from 1100ish

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

They just need just a bit more of an edge. After Playing Ferren they need hit and runs, camoflauge snow, hide in snow and some health so they can close in on range champs as a group. Maybe they all get crystalize. Dispelling blows back on dancer. Weaken spells was an awesome feature to help from spell slams. Group themes in general suffer way to much as they have to be close to benefit from each other. One of the biggest problems with leoss as well. Maybe a lowers nora cost of 2 - 6 pending on champ. It is hard to survive with them as loners.

20. daeminicus

Swap at 3 ap is to expensive to be effective and worth it most of the times. 2 AP would be more accurate. I can see the pro´s with Swap but 3 AP on a 6 speed champ more then often denies a swap + attack.