Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JugYurnero

JugYurnero New Member

Twisted Emerald is based on an outdated and thus non-existent mechanic, Ichor.
    The equipment at this moment is literally useless.

I have been *****ing about melee Inspector with class warrior/wizard for a while now, I guess I could stop.

As for the dying /already dead playerbase, it is completely true and it makes me sad. I cannot think of a way to make this game more visible or more newbie-attractive though. I have been playing since Shattered Peaks and the community has always been dying, not growing. At this point, I am not afraid to say that it had perished about 5 expansion ago. Sad, sad times indeed.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If you are thinking of changing the Foe abilities, what about making some of them more broad in the scope?

Beater Foe- Triggers against Class: Brute, Knight, & Warrior
    Evil Foe- Triggers against Class: Demi-God, Rogue, & Witch
    Holy Foe- Triggers against Class: Monk, Priest, & Paladin
    Mystic Foe- Triggers against Class: Druid, Witch, Wizard
    Ranged Foe- Triggers against Class: Archer, Druid, & Wizard
    Support Foe- Triggers against Class: Bard, Tinkerer, & Shaman

Of course, with these changes, some are still far more useful than others (like Beater Foe vs. Evil Foe). Some would probably warrant a slight price hike.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Memorizing the class of all competitive champions and then cross checking that against the subsets of packaged foe abilities -- sounds like a lot of work.

EnigmaXIII, Goyo and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Might aswell use Twisted Emerald to create a nice equip to help a theme, maybe Boghoppers or Salaman, or just make into a more neutral equip, either way. Blank canvas. Im curious to see what you will do with it.
    @Sokolov

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would take a look at champs with jab abilities... The hyaenid with two jabs for 16 on deploy damage focused on one champion is a bit much don't ya think?

Anima26, Goyo and Woffleet like this.
  6. JugYurnero

JugYurnero New Member

Suggestion:

Twisted Emerald (30)
    Equipped champion gets one rank of Regeneration, Evasive and Reflexes for each Twisted Emerald equipped on allied champions.

I hope that isn't too cost-efficient/overperforming. Maybe raise cost to 35, but I think that's too much. The idea is to have two of these equipped at once, obviously, but I'm worried it might eclipse Snaptooth Helm and Swampwasp Nectar in efficiency. nobody plays Snap Helm anyway

7. JugYurnero

JugYurnero New Member

Another thing that I think needs adjustment are Mirefolk. They have I think four different on-deploy effects with the same icon. Even after playing about 50 games with them, I don't quite remember which one does what. I am literally checking every time and I don't think I'm the only one, really.

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

gift spare wings will apply its bonus to relics and needs to be looked at.

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

In need of help: Moga Trigger, Moga Trailblazer, Moga Netter, Moga Babbler, Buckethead, Moga Razor, Moga Spellsnare (88 nora for 29 hp unit yall), Moga Spark, Moga Zealot, Reckless Spellhack

Sokolov likes this.
  10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I don't like things more attractive in Splits than on Full Faction. (ST Wish spell)

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tiny request, since we're removing choking aura from champs can we add it to sporegill relic for some situational plays?

It's cool if no, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I feel like Dragonflight could be slated for a future re design. As it is right now its very hit and miss, a lot of games its almost irrelevant, the 2 AP gain on deploy is helpful, especially when combined with Invigorate on Broodqueen or Initiative on Rumbler but its very difficult to make good use of the Aerial Supremacy a lot of the time. Due to the state of a number of Skywing Dragons most current Dragon deck lists only have a select amount of Dragons that even have Dragonflight too which makes it more inconsistent. I do like Dragonflight, i think Aerial Supremacy and 2 AP gen is really nice but as it is currently, its difficult to make good use out of it consistently. @Sokolov

13. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I love this thread :) Great work @Sokolov, and great work on the expansion as well.

Heres some of the things I would love to have looked at:

-Revere Abilities: They cost so much that the nora refund is pointless.
    Options: Maybe remove nora refund, but include interesting abilities or vice-versa, and reduce cost of ability significantly

-Channel Abilities: I dont think anyone uses these.. They're just weird and finicky
    Options: Honestly either make them like Aim where u gain +3 of x stat next turn for an AP cost or just remove them. Removing abilities means adding better ones in the upgrade path which i would love to see.

-Tortuns: Not sure what the idea was behind revamp. I mean promoting splits is one thing, but tortun trade is a invigorate that costs nora, has the same cd, and starts on cooldown.
    Options: Tbh i kinda liked tortuns how they were before. We could also make Tortun Trade "Gain target champions equipment. This ability costs 50% of the equipments nora cost."

- Brand: Idk why I like the concept so much, but I dont feel it does enough. And its effects are so similar to sunder/dogpile but more constriction and less scaling ability
    Options: I like the fire damage concept, but it needs more. Make it so branded champions gain pariah and reduce its duration to 2 turns on things like inquisition.

-Costing: This is a big one id love some data on. Many champions have very strange costing.. There are many that are still too cheap, but i find the majority HAVE been flushed out, so ill focus on overcosted champions. The reason i point them out is maybe we can narrow down to abilitys that need recosting, and id just like an explination.
    Heres a few I'd like to list:
    Bone Mauler (82 nora)
    Elder Blood Binder (90 nora)
    Collection of Souls (90 nora)
    Albino Fesh (91 nora)
    Ash the Bandit Prince (120 nora)
    Millenniel Icequake (100 nora)
    Darkmarsh Outlaw (88 nora)
    Darkmarsh Witch (90 nora)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  14. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Huh. I don't know that Ash, Darkmarsh Outlaw or Darkmarsh Witch are all that overcosted. Millenial Icequake is 100 nora because it was used in trickdecks in the past and people complained. Albino Fesh I think is high cost because people hate losing a champion outright. The others you have a decent case with, but their designs make them tricky to balance inherently.

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Things i believe in my opinion, that is very opinionated.Opinion. Should be nerfed.

Bone Circle Archmage, giving Skeles the ability to
    i) use sac alter even more efficiently
    2) give skeles a way to counter summons
    3) all that and it heals and hexs

This unit is absurd.

Skeleton lerper , Specifically, Haunting visions procing at 40 or less nora...... 40? we don't all play FS and this is instant easy procs early game.
    Can we lower it to 30..... heck honestly id lower it to 25... but anything is better then 40.

Greenhouse 20 nora per sapling + initial cost of 35 for the relic all good and dandy
    Until you notice it has 2 CD jesus that thing pumps out saplings at a mad amount , combine that with wood elemental transplant its just too much.

IS
    Dwarfs are still..... insane.
    Treasure hunter is pretty powerful for his price, considering how he gets the equip free from the dwarfs endless beer party.

I dislike Empowered design in general.

WOODCHUCK , jesus please.
    he makes impeding terrain like crazy , then he throws a log that makes more terrain at range.
    Terrain advantage alone is insane. Add this with his powerful stats. How does this unit still exist?

Path of de'lim relic.
    Works on : Elves and Plants.
    Its not even restricted to 1 race.
    Its KF the faction does not even need anymore mobility, id 100% understand if u took away their +1 speed and then gave them this thing
    I truly don't understand the decision to give them more mobility when people were complaining about +1 speed as is.

Thank you for reading.

16. EnigmaXIII

Fair opinion. Thanks for sharing :)

Bellagion likes this.
  17. EnigmaXIII

+1, agree with all of those.

Anima26 likes this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

anyone can explain why shockbow jumped from 74 to 79

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  19. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Has soul bond been nerfed or fry?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov at the moment cast light as a feather is currently useless on all the trees who just got given weighty as it procs the lumbering every movement after 3 spaces. any chance you can recode this to remove weighty and lethargic as well

Gorebucket, Xirone and Goyo like this.