State Of Our Themes (A question)

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

-Mirefolks are Aquatic/Semi, was strong before, now just cost too much to be really effective in top tiers, but the Semi-Aquatic part wihtout them is really good at moment;
    -Bogh have suffer the most from this expansion, a lot of meta runes are shoebox right now, this new expansion really screw them. The problem with them is that they are not a "theme" full of synergy, they are most likely Jakei or Deep Elf, one or another synergy, but is most used for Meta;
    -Firk do crazy DMG, but are so squishy. I still think they are top tiers, if the player manage how to play them and do perfect positioning;
    -Poison and Snappy are in a good spot, don't need drastic changes (specially nerfs, don't do it) just need one or another tweak;
    -Jellebrium was good in the last expansion, but now they lack a lot of things, also, Extinspicer sucks right now (so bad, an amazing art);
    -Salaman are being developed, wich is good, hope for more changes to make them viable. Also I expect the new LEG to be one;
    -Beasts need to do be a thing for every faction, all of them have their own beasts, and this is why I think we need a expansion focused in making all beasts for all themes viables, would be great for everyone;
    -Tortuns, the problem with them in this new expansion is the Stability + loss of Unstopable; Seriously, they are allready slow fue to all 6spd Ponderous units, why they have Stability now? They will never see the sunlight again until they remove the stability clause and give back unstopable to some important Tortuns, like Groundpounder an Tremmir;

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

well Stability prevents them from being slowed down even further. I thought that was a good thing or Tortuns.

3. Ifem21

Stability function as an weak version of Unstopable, but it prevents them from having MORE SPD too, using Eriluuns favor as example, wich was a pretty common use for the theme, that leaves the theme in competitve ranks. Now, this spells does nothing to them, and the theme that is not even close to top tier, are even more slow and far away from competitve.
    The suggestion I make to fix this, swicth Stability for something that only prevent the champ to lose SPD but not for winning.

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

They made the split bird to give -+ 1 speed to tortuns and add stability.
    Communication failure?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that I sped up some Tortuns and the new Tortun's Trade is AP-based and now that they aren't problematic due to being able to get +1 SPD from FF KF, they don't have to take that into account and thus can be buffed accordingly.

6. Ifem21

They are split theme, there are people (like me) who likes to run them in splits, specially the orginal FS/KF one. I know that you buffed some of their spd, and we really apreciate it, but Stability hurted the theme more then helped.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm personally not convinced of that. This is just my personal view and by no means am I asking you agree with it if you don't want to.

I understand it hurts the general SPD buff. Heck, it's a minor nerf to Drive as well (can't use it as indiscriminately as before), and of course to Haste. But by making it so that FF KF Torts aren't in almost all ways vastly superior than splits or FF FS Torts, that's a pretty good improvement, especially from a Design perspective. There is much more viability granted to running them as a Split, without crutching on that or Time Slip.

Heck, maybe there's room for Combo-Devestate again eh? eh? Yes? No? @Sokolov

Anyway, it sucks for those of us that enjoyed the FF KF Torts, but it does make it easier to design them with Splits (their intention) and FS in mind.

Though really, and especially now, I hope very much that FF KF's bonus will change to something else... perhaps something that Torts would find useful, so that all three (KF, FS, Splits) options would be equal.

Ifem21 likes this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

What about
    • Slag -
    • Spirit -
    • Construct -
    • Demon -
    • Wizard -
    • Witch -
    • Djinn -
    • Hyaenid -
    • Crystal -
    • Imp -
    • Myx -
    • Treefolk
    • Troll -

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

This is in the FS forum. Why would I care about any of those themes?

Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Oh oops. I just saw it come up on New Posts. Forgot some people still care about faction loyalty or w/e

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Wut. Your last sentence left a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It is because he can't deal with the fact that he made a mistake and needs to drop an insult on his way out.

Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

lol, i guess, if you think faction loyalty is a bad thing. some people can't afford to play every single faction so they focus on one only. i have been playing all factions for so long, i forgot that there were players like that.

14. Anima26

Its the way u posted it mate, it seems condescending in some way.

Edit: "Forgot that their were players like that" is bullshit my man, im not buying that.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Goyo likes this.
  15. Anima26

I did not see the change to The Thing, nice! Hes semi aquatic now and has Tidal Wave. Real nice.

Ohmin likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's not really anything to do with Faction Loyalty though, it's how the forums are sub-divided. The posts are focused on FS Themes because it's the FS subforum. Doesn't mean we won't play other factions even, but it does mean that when we post in a specific subforum, we're likely looking to focus our posts/conversations on that specific subject.

Anima26 likes this.
  17. Ifem21

Ty for the opinion ^^
    My problem with them now, is that they are even more slow then before, since I can't use Eriluuns Favor anymore, or the Horn of Order so effectivelly. And since I always run Tortuns in split FS/KF I find that this hurted the original theme, the original split.

And pls Sok, Combo Devastate for our Pygmy? Pls,pls,pls?

18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

good point. sorry for upsetting everybody

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Please no. I already hate Bastion for this ridiculous ability.

20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

-
    but Pygmy is cute ;)
    Bastions some 'barbarian. '

Anima26, Ifem21 and Ohmin like this.