Which KF rune(s) would you most like to see changed :D

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 22, 2015.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I vote for this :D

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Great idea.

3. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

I love this, but would also like to see devotee of delim on one of the upgrade paths, he was made before the theme came out and (in my opinion) belongs in there.

Trouble is his role kind of clashes with Ruthless Enforcer ~~ but I think this champion also needs a redesign, perhaps with multiattack and phantom dash, becoming a mobile damage dealer that buffsn your other champs rather than a tank

4. TheMr.Toast

Tbh, I think most of the runes in that set should have devotee on an upgrade line, I know they were designed for a wizard/spell spam bg, but that theme has moved on since then with the introduction of more magic amp and faries. These are the runes I'd like to see devotee on:

Light of the Circle ~~ Nobody runs this and they probably wouldn't in De'lim either, but (perhaps with a few changes) it could be viable. I'd like to see this on her 2nd path, as the theme already has an abundance of detection. Also motivate fits in quite nicely, with all the sapling spamming that is involved in a devotee bg

Guardian of the Circle ~~ Gives shatter to the theme which is cool, already has some upgrade paths with only two options so could fit in

Enforcer of the Circle ~~ I mean look at him, he would definitely burn a tree for some more damage. I'd like to see this as an interesting tank (much like Xirone suggested above), with Guardian being more bland and obviously tanky

Elven Taskmaster ~~ Gives a nice support-ish rune to the theme

I understand that many of these runes originated from the chains of Amareth story arc, but that's kind of died now, and I think they'd really fit

5. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Most elves would fit in deovtee bgs. But if every elf had it it would become overpowered because of its scaling potential. I do think it would be okay to give one of them the ability, but i would not want it if it clashes with lore or their current role in other viable bgs. With that said.. light of the circle is not viable in any bg and seriously needs a buff/redesign. Guardian could be amazing if frost armor actually worked, which sok confirmed, it doent. Enforcer i wouldnt mind having devotee, but really hes not needed.. Devotees need another ranged unit in my opinion. And when the heck id De'lim coming out LOL. I want to play him already.

6. TheMr.Toast

When I say fit in I mean thematically and lore wise. The champions I listed came about because of De'lim's policies, and so could have the ability (in my opinion).

I also realised that this may make these runes worse in other battlegroups, which is why I suggested they go to the upgrade paths rather than base.

However, I do realise the danger of suddenly adding many runes to a theme, and how things that felt okay before become broken as heck. I think that there would have to be some changes, whether they be to the champions or to the theme as a whole.

But yeah, Woodmarshal going to melee (or basically melee) hurt the theme a lot. However, light of the circle would be another ranged option.

7. EnigmaXIII

"The champions I listed came about because of De'lim's policies"
    Yeah but are they Devoted to De'lim xD if not, it doesnt make sense. Otherwise yeah, i agree. Light in particular seems to fit quite nicely. Assuming she got buffed that is -.- her stats dont make sense for a 80+ nora unit

8. TheMr.Toast

Ehh, they could be ;)

Yeah not really sure what it is dragging her down, especially with a vulnerability. Guess speed costs a lot.

9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Speed costs a load. That's why everyone is so pissed about our faction bonus.

10. EnigmaXIII

I cant wait till they change the faciton bonus man.. Theyre gonna give us something that makes split legit. Sok said thats the only reason he wanted to change it, so that KF becomes a good split faction.

11. TheMr.Toast

Is the bonus going to be that kind of initiative thing?

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

We can't think of anything worth while. Full faction for life.

13. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

+1 spd used to be a big advantage...but now average rune speed in the meta is nearly equal. KF gets very few ways(useable) ways of generating extra AP while other factions are loaded with them. 7 spd with a 15+ damage is a LOT more powerful than 8spd with 10 damage...especially when you include basic defenses into the calculation. Problem is...lately it seems hard to get 1 well designed KF rune...giving the whole faction -1 spd will require LOADS of runes to be tweaked.

14. EnigmaXIII

Tbh, i dont think so. Ive actually gave some split bgs a try, and 6 speed is not the worst thing in the world. I do think the 5 speed champs need +1 speed, at least most of them do. I genuinely think the issue is that we cant come up with another bonus. I mean, what really fits? We also have like the worst font bonus, but our faction bonus is so nice that we dont complain.

Anyone have ideas? I feel like everything we ever post becomes a discussion of the bonus in the end LOL i really wanna sit down, think hard, and figure something out already.

15. EnigmaXIII

Do you guys mind if i make a thread about FF bonuses and font bonuses, or do you think its overdone.. I do have some ideas, but i would need your help tweaking them, and idk if anyone is willing to listen

16. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think most KF players would welcome a change to our Faction Bonus, provided our champions are compensated in return.

BUT, having DOG reviewing every KF champ would require too much time and resources, so as a KF player I feel like further discussion is A) Beating a Dead Horse, B) Most likely going to lead to a change with no or insufficient compensation.

Basically we keep our mouths shut to avoid more nerfs. We get enough *****ing from other factions that we dont need to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Xirone likes this.
  17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I do want a more balanced faction bonus but until the devs have time to do it right, we shouldn't keep pressing the issue. I tried to get the faction bonus changed when the epic revamp happened but there wasn't a lot of support for that at that time. It's a shame because that was the perfect time to do it.

18. EnigmaXIII

But personally, like i said i disagree with the idea that there are a lot of champs that need review. I think KF players just need to be more willing to have 6 speed champions. Its just some of the 5 speed ones that need to be reviewed. For example Deadwood strider used to be 5 speed. Because its a split rune and they want it to be viable in FW as well, they made it a 6 speed. Champions like that are going to need 6 speed but thats about it. Is a 7 speed mena the worst thing in the world? Ive personally decided to post this thread not to push the issue, but to have the discussion. Ive read a lot of the thread that regard this topic and compiled a list of the ideas i really liked, ones of my own, and ones that seem viable, but probably need tweaking.

I know some of you are tired of having this discussion, but lets at least do it for fun :) Im not the best at these things so please do give your opinion and help me tweak it. If you think EVERYTHING on the list is garbage, feel free to say so and leave it at that.
    Heres a link to the thread:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...-bonus-thread-i-know-just-bare-with-me.18284/

19. TheMr.Toast

I thought it was decided as:

Whenever you deploy a champion it gains AP equal to the number of enemy champions/2

But I've missed quite a lot - was this scrapped?

20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Nothing was decided on....that version was one that was considered....everyone hates it except people who don't play KF. It would be BY FAR the weakest faction bonus.

I vote for +2 damage to all Champs, and -6 damage taken from all abilities that aren't basic attacks. That splits easily into +1/-3.

It is a hybrid of UD and IS bonuses.