Another KF Faction/Font Bonus thread.. I know just bare with me ;)

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 28, 2015.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Heres a list of ideas I've either had or have taken from other people.
    I dont think theyre amazing or perfect, but I think we can work with them.
    Tell me which ones you like, which ones you hate, and how you would tweak them if theyre even worth tweaking.

If you just think theyre all crap or overpowered, feel free to share and leave it at that.

Option 1 (Probably the worst one):
    FF: Champions you deploy get +1 max range and -1 min range
    SF: Champions you deploy get +1 max range

Option 2 (Defensive spell based option):
    FF: Whenever your enemy casts a spell, your non-champion cooldowns are reduced by 2.
    SF: Whenver your enemy casts a spell, your non-champion cooldowns are reduced by 1.

Option 3 (Offensive spell based option):
    FF: Your first spell each turn has -20% nora cost reduction
    SF: Your first spell each turn has a -10% nora cost reduction

Option 4 (Temporary spell based option):
    FF: Champions you deploy gain adaptive and favor for 6 turns.
    SF: Champions you deploy gain adaptive and favor for 3 turns.

Option 5 (Heal spell based option):
    FF: Whenver an enemy casts a spell, your champions are healed for 4.
    SF: Whenver an enemy casts a spell, your champions are healed for 2.

Option 6 (Probably needs tweaking):
    FF: Whenever you deploy a champion from the runedock, enemy champions lose 2 hp, friendly champions heal 4 hp
    SF: Whenever you deploy a champion from the runedock, enemy champions lose 1 hp, friendly champions heal 2 hp

Option 7 (Early offensive option):
    FF: Champions you deploy gain 2 ranks of multiattack for 5 turns.
    SF: Champions you deploy gain 1 rank of multiattack for 5 turns.

Option 8 (AP gen option.. probably closest to current bonus):
    FF: Champions you deploy gain 2 ranks of Ready.
    SF: Champions you deploy gain 1 rank of Ready.

Option 9 (Champ cost reduction)
    FF: Champions cost -8 nora on deploy.
    SP: Champions cost -4 nora on deploy.

Option 10 (AP gen on ability or attack)
    FF: The first time each turn a champion attacks or uses an ability it gains +2 AP.
    SF: The first time each turn a champion attacks or uses an ability it gains +1 AP.

Option 11 (Sok's idea)
    FF: Stays the same.
    SP: Every second champion deployed gets +1 SPD

Font/Deployment zone Bonus:
    - Evasive 1 for 3 turns at the end of your turns
    - Guided spirit for 3 turns at the end of your turns

My personal favorite is option 3

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Gnomes likes this.
  2. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

Combat awareness as a bonus is definitely too good (imo)

3. EnigmaXIII

Even for 2 turns?

4. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

Compare it to mobility or spell resistance and it looks very strong

5. EnigmaXIII

hmm k removing it

6. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

Option 2: Cooldown reduce. I think it's like the Forsaken bonus but including spells, equip, relics.
    Forsaken wast players are not too happy with there bonus, this option looks not so promising.

Personal i dislike the spell related options also.
    reduced nora cost for spells or adaptive/favor => encourage spell spam draws a *lot* of hate.
    Healing for enemy spells => the enemy controls the bonus. What about equipment heavy bgs or spell seal bgs (SL) ?

I like the more range option (1) and the ready option (8) most.

7. EnigmaXIII

The idea of the spell based options are to encourage spell spam.. i dont see why thats a negative point, i dont care if it draws hate lol. Any good option will draw hate by the people facing it. And the cooldown reduction option isnt like FW because it doesnt apply only to champions.. again this will promote the use of spell and what not. I might add a clause to make it so its cool down reduction to NON-champion runes. And yes i realize some of the bonuses can be countered like the healing one, but so what.. Somethings it will work well against, and somethings it wont.. thats like saying KF bonus is countered by hunter quick. Or FW font bonus/SP font bonus is countered by non-spell based bgs.

Anyways, i also like option 1 and 8 but the reason i think theyre bad is cause theyre kinda boring and not very unique. Not to mention, if hate is the thing you want to avoid, i dont think they will workout for u ;) lol

Do you think the spell based options can be tweaked to more suit your liking? Im very bad at these things and id love some help tweaking them.

8. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dislike any Faction bonus that have a duration associated with them. It is one of the reasons I disliked the "Initiative" Suggestions too.
    I'd be happy with: add 1 spd to all our champs who need it, adding nora as required and change bonus to champs cost 8 (FF) and 4 (Split) less nora to deploy. OMG it's basically our current bonus, since most of our newer champs are Basically: -1 SPD for - 8 nora.

Except...we actually have a Split Bonus now.

9. EnigmaXIII

Yeah i was iffy about the duration thing, but i thought just because its different doesnt mean its bad. Still unsure of how it plays out though. I like your idea too :) im gonna add it to the list, thanks for you suggestion.

A lot of the ideas i put on here are kept because theyre different. They might be horrible, or amazing, but i really like to push for creativity. But i do understand your concern of duration based faction bonuses.. Its also why I included spell based faction bonuses, since no faction has an offensive spell based option and I feel it really suits KF, but thats just me :)

10. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

If the non kf players are irrelevant there is no point in changing the current bonus. +1 Speed is good after all.
    Or maybe take the ready bonus to solve the split problem.

11. EnigmaXIII

I didnt say theyre irrelevant, everyones opinion deserves consideration, but fearing hate is not the same as fearing reason.
    And I didnt create this thread because of what non-kf players say. I hate our faction bonus. Its boring and has no flavor. And limits splits like no other faction.
    I like change.. while many hate the idea of changing all their bgs, i find it a fun task. Not to mention sokolov himself also said he never planned to change kf because its "OP". He just wanted it to be viable in splits.

12. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

The first time each turn a champion attacks or uses an ability it gains +2 AP.
    The first time each turn a champion attacks or uses an ability it gains +1 AP.

This might be to strong though.

Cheers,

Josh753

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  13. EnigmaXIII

Thanks, added :) Might be annoying against rebuke or prophetic balance, but its something to consider. Also block or deflect or dodge could trigger it turn 1. With block 2 or dodge 2, that means up to +4 nora, giving a 7 speed champ 11 AP to work with on its first turn.

14. chisanahikari

chisanahikari New Member

By consider K'thir speciality in speed I think it must be:
    FF : Increase speed by 2 and max ap by 1 / Increase speed by 1 and max ap by 3
    SF : Increase speed by 1

It is need many thing to balance the game but it should be work. In computer battle it won't be much help but in player battle it will be great help

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Uhh I think you must be new, because that would be a buff, and the community wants a nerf of the current bonus

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I wonder if it'd be easier to just come up with something that works for Splits:

Split: Every second champion you deploy from the runedock has +1 SPD?

17. EnigmaXIII

I honestly wouldnt mind that. But im sure it wont satisfy everyone. People are looking for something radical at this point lol.

18. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

That's a prettty good way of getting the bonus to 50% for splits. :D

Posting an icon with the global effects to let the player know that the next champ deployed is the one that gets the bonus would be helpful.

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

An experienced player can get the most of it switching deploys, earning speed on the most important units. It would be the most powerful split bonus.

20. EnigmaXIII

This is sort of true.. Like i said, its gonna take something radical.
    I also like personality however. I think KF should get something flavorful. Spell Cast is my choice. Other people seem to want range or speed, which in my opinion is the same struggle all over again. Im going to keep the list going however even if it is just for reference.