State Of Our Themes (A question)

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

But Bastion is OP due to 13DMG + 7spd, Flight, Battle Leeader + Battle Harden champ, while Pygmy is a 5SPD with Ponderous (rarelly can double tap) and 10DMG.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

If it rarely double taps, then why do you want +18N on him? No matter where do you look at it, it's a problematic ability (I would like to see removed from the game rather than nerf it to mediocre numbers).

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

#summons

Ifem21 likes this.
  4. Ifem21

This... Also, Pygmy was the original user of the ability

Leadrz likes this.
  5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

just throwing in that Eriluuns Favor could be changed, for the sake of tortuns to grant all your units not +1 SPD but Ready 1 or 2.
    Or keep the +1 SPD for units but grant Ready for tortuns (instead).

Ifem21 likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Or rather than Ready (which has additional issues), it could function somewhat like Mend and just give AP at end/beginning of turn.

It would be an overall nerf to the spell though, so the "Tortun only" clause for that effect would make sense... I still think that reworking the KF Bonus, then making Stability: "Speed cannot be reduced below printed value." would solve the issue more completely, and KF Bonus has been a long-time in need of a change even without the Tortun issue cropping up at the end of the SOE run of the game.

Ifem21 likes this.
  7. Ifem21

KF problem has been solved by nerfing a lot of KF champs, they are good now, but not OP as before.
    The Erilluuns favor suggestion is nice, and the stabillity one is in need.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As someone who plays KF as well though, I'd really rather this stop being the case, when there is a clearer reason for all the problems that KF has caused.

Ifem21 likes this.
  9. Ifem21

I agree, nerf the Bônus is FAR much better then nerf an entire factions. Things like this makes me question the balance sense of the greens sometimes.

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I think theyre just hesitant to nerf faction bonuses, for whatever reason. Maybe because of older players or backlash, maybe it would potentially lead to more problems than it solves if the new bonus is even worse or really weak. Changing faction bonus is a pretty big deal. Just a guess though.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That's a reasonable guess. It took a long time to come up with a new Font Bonus after the initial Arctic nerf for ST (IS was faster but...) and there were/are still problems with the new one.

I'm not saying it would be easy. I just think it "should" be done for the long-term health of both the game and KF as a faction.

12. Anima26

I always felt like KF had an amazing bonus, +1 speed is great, speed is a very strong stat in the game and arguably the strongest. The faction is balanced around the +1 speed, or so every one likes to point out. KF still seems to be running around with 8 speed and 12 AP stored up all the time. Combined with all that horrible 5/6/7 range and nonsense like Time Slip (honestly what is the point of this spell, its a silly gimmick). I dont know where i was going with this, but KF bonus has always seemed very strong to me. I am no expert on balance though so i have no idea as to what approach is best, nerf the bonus, change the bonus, nerf the runes instead, leave it as it is, nerf Ironfist etc etc.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's always interesting hearing things like while at the same time being accused of pre-nerfing KF runes and never letting them have high SPD champions.

HardyGames32, Ohmin and Goodkeenan like this.
  14. Anima26

Im a bit tired so im dont understand what youre saying very clearly. KF doesnt have high spd champs? Wut?

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

In the past 3 expansions there have been no KF runes released with a base speed of 7 nor have any been changed to have 7 (and a few have been changed from 7 to 6). he's saying its funny that people are complaining about KF getting all these 8 speed runes while at the same time people are accusing him of refusing to make 8 speed runes.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I blame the Reticulated Hawk :p

But really, it's mostly a thing of different voices get to saying different things. There aren't that many, but there's still a number of people on these forums, and they've all got opinions.

17. Anima26

Looking at the runes, there does seem to be a lack of 7 speed KF units now, which is good. Having the majority of your runes sitting at 6+1 speed is strong enough, they dont need 7+1 speed champs, thats just too much. Most of my FS and SL decks are still full of 6 speed dudes. The ability to stack 12 AP is also very strong. Im sure i remember burnpyro or somebody saying to me ages ago that in PoxNora the defender has the advantage because the attackers have to spend AP on movement, something a long those lines. I guess thats why power turns are important. Sitting there with 12 AP ready to retaliate is nice. Cant say how i feel about how balanced the faction bonus is, i have no idae, all i can say is that its definitely strong :)

My opinions on things not related to FS or SL should be taken with a pinch of salt though, i dont play the other factions and have little knowledge of their nuances.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

pygmy's ability to remove problematic champions was an important asset to the tortun's arsenal. Abuse with time slip and ill tought corrections to that had the effect of making people think that the ability was impossible to balance, while the issue was somewhere else.