Yeti Spirit & Frostfall Icewisp review

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Goyo, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yeti Spirit

[​IMG]

Manual cost modifier.
    No attack.
    No defense.
    Slowest passive unit at 5 Spd.
    Ethereal no longer intermitent immunity.
    Passive for 6 to 9 frost damage AoE 2 and unreliable AoE on-death effect.
    Death Nova can easily be avoided specially under Incorporeal condition on which it doesn't engage.

-- Comparisons

Phantasmal Creeper
    +1Spd, 8Dmg, basic attack, Portal, Hex 3
    Hex is overpowered at 2CD.

Murk Demon
    +1Spd, +1Def, 9Dmg, basic attack, Stealth, Shadow Shift, Murk
    Powerful theme enabler only counterable by Detection and IS Unobstructed View.

Ethereal Soldier
    +5 Nora cost, +5 hp, +1Spd, 14Dmg, basic attack, Hex3
    One basic attack does the equivalent damage as Death Nova 4

-- Conclusion

Yeti Spirit has the highest hp in FF ST and helps with Frost Amp, but it lacks basic attack, support abilities, it's slow, has no extra mobility, low damaging potential, and it doesn't worth sacrificing to make use of Death: Nova 4 since it has too much hp to self damage him with AoE Spells. ST doesn't work well with on-death effects.

It's only utility would be a suplement of Gale Force for an additional 15dmg to a single unit.

-- Suggestions

Reduce it's hp to 30 base or less.
    Ghost to base or +1Spd.
    Upgrade 2: Death Nova 4, Freezing Aura, Slowing Aura (much flavourful)
    Their shamans had learned to contact the deceased.
    Soon after the first seance, Yeti Spirits began appearing all across the world.
    These apparitions roamed,
    instilling a cold in any who neared.

It would cost:
    63 with Aura 1 and Death Nova 4.
    71 with Aura 3 and Slowing Aura.

Frostfall Icewisp

[​IMG]

Since it was nerfed to lose Amp Frost and Shatter went to upgrades, it has suffered from these changes aswell:

• Still Life duration nerf. It cost as much as Stealthed, and more than Hidden: Terrain, Escape and Fading Light. While keeping you stealthed, you need to rest after each round, technically reducing your movement capability as much as Lumbering.
    • Nora cost modifier and recosting formula reduced it's hp to 32 and Spd to 6.
    • Passive unit with only one damaging ability at CD3, and nearly no survivability.
    • Arctic Bolt damage nerfed from 14 to 12.

-- Comparisons

Jakei Elementalist
    +12 hp, +1Spd, Frost Nova, Freeze.
    Superior damage potential with Frost Nova and Recharge mechanic to mitigate it's high cooldown abilities.

Terraformer
    -8 Nora cost, +16 hp, 3 AoE damaging abilities, +Shatter.
    AoE abilities grant 7 Rng of damaging potential. Them generate terrain. One is damaging terrain. Tremor out of the attack chain.

Goblin Spellkaiser
    +3 Nora cost, +13 hp, +1 Spd, Cast: Cauterize, One With Nora, Teleport, Hex (3)
    Nothing needs to be said.

-- Conclusion

100% unplayable. It needs a major lift up.

-- Suggestions

REWORK

Buff Still Life (remaining on this unit or not).

Increase hp.
    Give reliable survivability.
    Shatter to Base.
    Keep passive.

Ice Caster

[​IMG]
    Make Ice cost 3 Nora, 4 AP and 5 HP. It is ONLY useful for Reclaim: Relic, making it complety overpriced.

Propagate: Ice Block is flavourful and nice since it's our only way to see Ice Block sprite (which I love). Sadly, it costs 4N for only make use of Reclaim: Relic every fourth round.
    After that, you can get your own units stuck since it's propagation is random, or you can create an Ice Block in the middle of the way of a straight confrontation, making you lose AP to move around it.
    It is destacable no other unit can make use of relics in FF ST, but Jangar Arcanis which is not a Frost deck option.

-- Suggestions

Replace Make Ice with Charged: Ice Block and put it on base (copy paste Charge Barricade)
    Spend 2 charges: Summon an Ice Block relic to target location within 3-4 spaces.

Remove Propagate: Ice Block from base, and replace Upgrade1 with:
    Abuse Charged (2)
    Attack Charged (1)

This way you can make the most of Iceguard (collect 2 charges and survive). While Chill(1) and Crystallize doesn't feel as useful to me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

You did it so much bettet then me.

Add soulpainter and frostwing to the list

Goyo likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sorry, didn't meant to overlap with yours. Just wanted to splash my hidden feelings from about a year were I couldn't confortably play Frost.

Also I would certainly add those, and I could have even more runes and ideas for future reference.

PS: This pretends to collect suggestions too, so share your thoughs :)

4. daeminicus

Dont worry, I know my english is bad and I cant express my self in a good way to be understand most of the times!

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

6. daeminicus

Jakei icefisher or what she is called need a renare

Goyo likes this.
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Since the lack of activity here, I've decided to keep this purely for Yeti Spirit and Icewisp.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I actually think he'd make a good summon unit now.

yeti - spirit talker

stats

ability when a friendly yeti is killed within 4 spaces of this unit, deploy a summoned yeti spirit with 20hp at it's location

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    daeminicus, Beasts for life and Goyo like this.
  9. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Maybe make it global but make spirit come in with 10hp

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

man, remember when those 2 ********* runes were terrorizing us? it was awful. so OP for so long. can't say i miss them, although you make a good point by comparing them. just don't forget the past

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  11. KingJad

summon should have 10 hp since faction bonus adds another 10.

12. daeminicus

Faction bonuses should not be takin into consideration when u create champions. Doing that all our champs should have 10 less hp, KF 1 less speed etc. Its a bonus not a flaw :p

13. KingJad

Well lets see how long 30 hp summons with incorporeal and a rank 3 aura last without being nerfed.

14. daeminicus

yetis are OP I guess

15. KingJad

you're missing the point..

16. daeminicus

Ethereal been nerfed and we got some damn annoying summons already.
    I dont belive a passive summon with 30 hp and aura 3 would be anyworse then what we can face today. It