Changes for vampyres?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by themacca, Aug 29, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Elder Bloodbinder:

Okay so this chick currently can not go any cheaper than 88 nora. To be honest i dont think she has bad stats or a bad ability set so im not going to suggest a full rework like i did for undead magister. I am gonna say though as it currently stands greater vampirism is majorly overcosted. it was appropriate when it was first costed and doubles vampiric healing but has had its efficiency reduces by 50% so i'd like if you push the greater vampirism ability down to only cost 8 nora. would push her down to a minimum of 81 nora which is a lot more understandable for a ranged unit like her and this change wont have any repercussions outside of this champ since it's a unique ability.

Blood Banshee:

Absolutely poorly designed rune with a clusterfirk of abilities that don't really synergize. being Sandbagged by defiling aura is probably the main thing that just kills this unit. and it'd be nice to have fascinate get replaced by relocate: Bloodball in upgrade 2. solid stats though albeit a bit squishy but if she can get below the 70 nora cost line she'd be entirely runnable.

Blood Phoenix:

Yet another extremely expensive vampyre. Don't really have any suggested changes as it's a pretty good unit im just pointing out a common trend for this theme.

Bloodbinder Count:

This guy has a pretty solid list of abilities and great stats for his cost. but i can't help but wonder why does his signature ability seem to synergize more with spirits than vampyres, can you change this to paralyze bloodied champs or some shiz like that.

Bloodtracker:

Only real complaint here is scythe whirl. i'd be contempt with it if he had range 1-2 but i would prefer more that he just loses it all together in favor of just giving him evasive 3. Would make more sense since life siphon doesnt trigger from scythe whirl anyways. Aside from that boring upgrades but efficient.

Bloodworm:

Would be a great rune but we have to waste 4 nora on necrosis for it due to it being a rune made for 2 different themes.

Dark Enchantress:

Not much to say about her has great CC and all that jazz but for the most part she's clearly been designed for witches.

Demonologist:

I get it, i get it he's a UD rune thus he's not allowed to actually have good ranged but... please? he'd be fantastic with 5 range. not a big deal though cause i don't much think of him as a rune built for Vamps as it is.

Mysian Lamia:

She was kinda OP for like a month some time this year but really just has never been built for vampyres as she has a ridiculous load of self synergy that only really works in meta decks.

Soul collector:

The only vampyre forced to take Life siphon and one of the other vampyre abilities (or soultap cause why not) just move life siphon where soultap is and this rune will see a lot more play. it might create the same problem that was just fixed with dusk creeper nerfs though but not as bad since he can't stealth. Would be nice to get his speed dumped down to 6 there isnt really much reason for him to be a 7 speed here as there isn't much he can do with that AP.

Vampyre:

Yet another vampyre that just costs too damn much though he's easier to justify since he has thirst for battle alas more people would probably run him if he was somewhere in the 70s so ima just say give him 6 speed. Wouldn't mind the option of bloodlust in his U1 tree anyway though i feel like more people would still take thirst for battle anyways.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    TheBulwark and Gnomes like this.
  2. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Base Stats:
    10 DMG
    6 SPD
    5-6 RNG
    0 DEF
    44 HP
    Stat Cost: 58 nora.

Attack: Psychic (2 nora)
    Boon of the Undead (4 nora)
    Greater Vampirism (15 nora)

Upgrade 1
    - Elsari Coven (5 nora)
    - Blood Magic (5 nora)
    - Dark Raven Form (6 nora)

Upgrade 2
    - Life Siphon (10 nora)
    - Bleed (6 nora)
    - Life Drinker (8 nora)

Cost: 88-93 nora.

Issues:
    1 - Greater Vampirism is sandbaggy @ 15 nora.
    2 - Upgrade do not offer much way to run her cheaper. Lowest cost is 88 nora with Bleed and Coven/Blood Magic.
    3 - Elsari Coven is a worthless wasted upgrade slot. She is a witch, but due to Greater Vampirism synergizing poorly with witches, she would never be run in a witch BG anyways.

Solutions:
    - Lower Greater Vampirism's cost (15 --> 8 nora).
    Commander Costs 5, and gives +2 damage (4 nora worth) to same race/class champions. 25% more cost for the benefit of affecting other champs.
    This costs 3x the price of the effect (50% more Life Siphon @ 10 nora cost = 5 nora) and basically only buffs 'theme' champs too. It does however affect her, so the cost should probably be increased slightly. Say 5 nora * 1,5 = 7,5 nora, round up to 8.

- Swap Greater Vampirism to Upgrade Slot 1, replacing Dark Raven Form.
    This preserves her witch status, as she could now be run as a witch with no Greater Vampirism sandbagging her.

- Lower Dark Raven Form Cost (6 --> 4).
    Eagle form costs 6, and offers +2 spd on top of what even DRF gives. Why this costs 6 nora is beyond me. This change would affect other champs, but a -2 nora to Ravenspeaker, Apprentice Mage, Sarinda and Elven Druid would not make any of the champs suddenly super played.

With all 3 changes implemented.
    - Lowest Cost: Coven/Blood Magic + Bleed = 79 nora.
    - Highest Cost: Greater Vampirism + Siphon = 86 nora.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

also, inhabit and disease rekts so....give vampire some kinda of race specific cleanse that other FW's cant use. "Blood Cleanse" or "Blood Transfusion" or "New Kidney"

NOTE: dont touch Blood *****, the guy is fine and PERFECTLY balanced. you can't give him two lives and have him be under 80 nora.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

New ability siphon: bloody, Nora 4 as a replacement for the expensiv siphon life. Or at least give them options so that the can either use that in the vamp big or higher cost for foodstuff splash.

TheBulwark, themacca and Gnomes like this.
  5. themacca

I did say i don't have any changes for him. i was simply pointing out the problem with so many vampyres being way too expensive

6. themacca

I'm not particularly in favor of changing dark raven form to be base and moving vampirism to U1. a lot of vampyres are already having their costs made higher due to the attempt to have them in multiple BGs so i would prefer they just take the loss and leave her with vampirism base.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I don't see why she need 5-6 range
    5-6 is sandbagging her more than greater vampyrism
    change her range to like 4-5/2-5 and give her small cost reduction
    with that she will be around 75-85 nora approx

both demonologist and seeker needs a clearer defined range 1-3 or 1-2 because 2-3 range is pure trolling
    i noticed that i can get like first 2-3 units out when i have to take out like demonvein the damage is too low to make it roll wonder if he can get ally : FW again

8. themacca

2-5 is more expensive than 5-6 and 4-5 is barely better in terms of cost than 5-6 while 5-6 serves a more helpful purpose on the field especially for vampyres. Meanwhile greater vampirism costs 15 nora which is how much it cost when it was doubly as effective so it would be lovely if that could go down to a reasonable price and she'd be runnable.

Demonologist, seeker of blood are both split FW/UD runes part of being UD pretty much states that they aren't allowed to have good range cause thats how it works for UD.
    Demonvein is a FW/UD as well so no he won't be getting ally: forsaken wastes and frankly if he gets changed to be only UD in favor of that change than i'd be rather pissed off.

9. Daerthalus

that is reasonable. I think though if u leave g vamp on base. elsari should be removed and replaced. No one would pay 15 or even 8 Nora for gvamp in witches

10. themacca

it wasnt always a witch though. greater vampirism goes a long way as a theme enabler and thus the champ its on should focus on that theme. i agree coven should go though its a useless ability for her, and i'd love for a way to get blood bind on the count changed to have a prerequisite that isn't DMZ ground cause realistically vamps don't proc dmz

11. chickenpox2

i would like to see drain more available in vampyres since drains is vampiric healing drain 2/3 is really good
    its probably as good as life siphon giving 16/24 hp

12. Daerthalus

Yep. I know. I kinda assumed that they made her a witch and wanted to keep it that way, so I proposed something along that line of design concept.

I do however agree and prefer she simply remain a Vampyre Theme rune and drop the whole witch thing.

13. themacca

ELDER BLOODBINDER CONFIRMED FOR GETTING A BUFF!

14. chickenpox2

calm down we don't know yet it not on the cactar crate but there still hope

15. 15Deadmen

"buff"

16. themacca

flat nora decrease isnt a buff to you?

17. themacca

I'm going to add in seeker of blood now too, just cause he costs a ton, in saying that i have next to no clue on how to make him a better rune while keeping his original concept

18. chickenpox2

the problem is no matter how many times we try it never pulls through.
    In the last 4-5 months there must have been at least 4-5 threads with people trying to revive vamps but have not succeeded...
Even getting demonoligist and seeker range fix is almost impossible
    I also want to point out that it took over a year for goblins to get their theme fixed

19. 15Deadmen

how about relocate: bloody balls? does anyone use that ability? that's 8 nora according to poxbox, 73 nora seems noice. I think that 2-4 range would make sense since blood abilities are range 4. Throw in faithless or scorn to keep cost down. And if boon of undead gets removed, even better :D

themacca likes this.
  20. 15Deadmen

DANG... didnt realize that she's ranged 6, please buff her. Nora decrease is nice ofc, but I think that we could tweak some of her ability sets as well. First of, remove Coven for something like seeker bloody balls or bloodied. Second boost atk just a bit more.