My dragons bg

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by trakantra, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like that youre running the old school dragons like Destroyer, Mauler, Drakewings, Ravager and Skithmaw. :)

Some things that i thought after looking at it:

-I wouldnt bother with Acid Dragoleech, Flame Dragoleech is better. Flame Siphon your Valdac summons. I would imagine u can Flame Siphon the Broodlings from Broodqueen too to trigger them.
    -Running Acid storm and Tornado spells.
    -Running a Magnetize or Reforge for anti-equip, both good spells, Magnetize is a little better.
    -Id probably run a Hive or Dragon Portal over Target Dummy, but that's personal preference. (Target Dummy kinda sucks vs UD, Demolish spell)
    -I wouldnt bother with Vex myself swap her for Valdac.
    -Broodqueen is nice, id check her out Invigorate 2 is nice and works nicely with Forbidden Fruits.
    -Imperators and Prismatics Skywings are good for me, Imperator provides a lot of range and Prismatics are a rare source of Attack: Magical in Dragons.
    -Maulers are really expensive, i wouldnt bother with them personally.
    -Krikkinwing Alphas are still good.
    -Destroyers are nice. Decent stats, decent damage, decent nora cost. I wouldnt run too many 2x2s though.
    -Forbidden Fruits. Strong equip that people dont seem to use much. If u have Broodqueens its easy to use them. Exertion 3 on Agitators is another way to use it too.
    -Not sure if Dragon Handlers are worth now without Surge rank 2. Probably better options, im not sure.

The +2 nora of everything with a basic attack might have shuffled up Dragon decks a little bit with changes to Drakewing swarms too and removal of Surge rank 2, i think the main strong ones are still roughly the same. Prismatics for magic damage, Rumblers, despite nerf, Imperators, Skithmaws, Kwing Alphas. Hellions are quite nice now they got a cost reduction thanks to losing some def and Dragonflight. Id still run Vinny for surge cones and physical resist. 100 noraz though :eek: Not sure if Backlash buff affects Dragoleeches enough to stop running them. Not sure on whether its worth running Skywing Patrols again now that they got the ranged Sunder going on again. They might be legit with Relic Guardian and some Dragon Portals.

Oromiis likes this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-8-30_4-4-47.png
    rageband on maulers or vinny wins the game.

Oromiis likes this.
  3. Oromiis

Oromiis Member

@Anima26 @OriginalG1 thanks for the feedback! Anima i don't run tornado or acid storm because in the moment i don't have space in the bg and i don't really know what could I replacce by those 2 runes. I've made a few changes considering all that I've been told and this is how the bg looks like: As soon has I have the shards i'll forge sunder helion or valdac until then I'll see.

Attached Files:

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/ctQcWcg0cktC4+cdbCdQCdmcgNcqiCjGc3-s6Ls8os6wsaS7is84s7usYrPr2qr2jr3Qe3Y

I tried to keep it as 'dead soul cookie cutter' as I could, but Skywing Beacon still snuck in. It's good with Rumblers and Broodqueen. Remove if you can't handle it.

A Dragonfear can be removed for another copy of whichever Dragon is the better atm (not sure between Drakewing Swarm, Krikkinwing Alpha and Sunder Hellion), or a Flame Dragoleech. Don't ask me about Vex, I got no idea.

If you go the Flame Dragoleech route, it means you aim to win a bit slower by massing up a few more dragons, or bigger ones. So you probably can afford/have time for Draksar Morph over Broodqueen. You probably also want a second Drakewing at that point.

If you want to have more ranged/AoE focus with Dragons, you don't have that many good options. But if you do go for that, you might want Dragonclaw. Or maybe even Reforge (maybe instead of Magnetize? though with the current relic heavy Reclaim decks running around, that is risky).

Oromiis likes this.
  5. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

So, my thoughts, your bg isnt bad its just not as competitive as it could be. I will list off my thoughts like my boi anima

-Sunder hellion is a x2 auto with this fw skele meta(scale armor>oblivion shield, tankier over many attacks, no counter play like oblivion)
    -Id Firk with vex, surge nerfs put her cost at 84 with good stats what!
    -Imperators are dragons range, sand spray into burning sands(15 damage with charred effect)
    -Firestorm ^ good when you dont have sand, 3 is a good number of aoe spells
    -maulers are a bit pricey but they counter kf magic meta bgs with reduce magic
    -target dummy is fs's buffer spell that can contest fonts id keep it
    -skywing patrol hits hard with relic guardian, basically a 56 nora champ since beacon is 30
    -I would drop rumblers, they just dont have the same umph for that price and shortlived, ah who am i kidding run 2 xD
    -destroyers. people really underestimate cleave, it procs off charge and applies the rend solid unit not to expensive
    -drakewing swarm seems pretty solid though i havent used it much, burn 2
    -magnetize is op use it
    -i run x2 agitators and a forbidden fruit, usually get 4 attacks or so off before alah kuh akbarding it
    -skithmaws are solid
    -drop dragon handlers
    -get your hands on a morph
    -consulate has magic damage and violent. Can really hype up a big destroyer cleave
    -valdac is so expensive, id run growth/cleansing aura at 85
    -neodrakes are efficient
    -run cancel magic in every ff sl or split sl
    :)

Oromiis likes this.
  6. Oromiis

Oromiis Member

@ormen thanks for the lists aswell has @Sirius really apreciated! :D about the neodrakes I'm not sure if they had value at this moment in my deck since I'm already running acidraws with sunder. What abilitie should I put in a neo tail sweep or tormented?
    About the beacon sirius that's why I only run 1 patrol so i can ddrop beacon on a strategic spot and therefore being able to spwan them next to the battle

7. ormen

tormented, keep melees cheap

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Anima26

Im not a fan of Scorn on Neodraks. I was running just 1 for awhile due to Transmission Relay and Neodraks slowly killing my shrine if i deploy em too much. Inhibiting Touch can be invaluable thhough.

9. ormen

Anima26 likes this.
  10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I know nothing about playing dragons, but it is quite entertaining (and enlightening) to hear so many different perspectives and opinions on how to play them. Maybe I will pick them up now. Are Dragon's expensive to get ahold of right now?

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The higher you try to make it in ranked with Dragons, the fewer ways there are to play them. And they decrease in "variety" rapidly.
    I mean sure, no one's gonna stop you from running Patrol, Maulers, Consulate, Acidcraw etc., but you're probably not climbing very high.

Maybe we can ask @BurnPyro or @MovnTarget if they could provide a top dragon bg list. I admittedly haven't played Dragons seriously in quite a while.

12. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I had a very interesting talk about dragons with @GlaurunGod a month or so ago.

13. ormen

I hit 1420 with dragons 3 months ago

14. Oromiis

Oromiis Member

Dragons are my favorite race on the whole game. Sure I also like other tactis and bg on other factions but dragons really please me when playing

15. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Hey guys. Besides the fact that some of the dragons are just SL meta material or cheap and efficient like the neodraks, there isn't much keeping drags together in terms of synergy. Actually the drakwing swarms are decent enough to run now and are the SINGLE unit that keeps rumblers good in dragons because of their +3 dmg contribution on surge. That said, Drags are my fave too ;)

Anima, for your bg I would drop the handlers and maybe vex because he's currently bugged (doesn't cleanse when wellspring triggers, so dot kills ur persevered units). And consider adding neodraks for sure. I would also add valdac and snogvie if you can get them as they are staples for ff SL right now

16. redChapel

redChapel The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

This is the bg I'm currently running. I swap out the Dragonclaw Staff for a Rage Band or some other spell, the rest is pretty solid though.

17. ormen

At first glance, why is there a manticore in your dragon bg xD... anyways @GlaurunGod I completely agree with your opinion of the drakwings. Your bg looks very solid

18. Anima26

Its not my bg brah. :p