Faction Guide Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fattyy2k, Aug 31, 2015.

?

Which faction to publish first?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2015.
  1. Foglar Swamp

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Ironfist Stronghold

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. K'Thir Forrest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Savage Tundra

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Forsaken Wastes

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Sundered Lands

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Shattered Peaks

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Underdepths

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Aphabetical

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Hey everybody! Your friendly neighborhood chubby draksar here! So I have embarked on what is looking to be a monumental task... I seek to find, update, and/or create guides for all factions and their current themes! I am enlisting the aid of the top faction players for their insight and knowledge as well as several of our prominent community members. This is gonna be a long process that will be tackled little by little.

I love this game very much and i enjoy it enough to put this project together in order to aid new and existing players. The guides' purposes are to describe the factions in more detail than the main website's faction page. They will also take the main themes of the factions and expand upon them, their current runes, typical tactics, and accepted competitive level.

The podcast I have been intending to put together will indeed happen and will cover these guides at some point, but my skype is corrupted somehow and nothing will restore it so until I get the right software, the podcast is put on hold.

Because I am at the gathering information stage of writing he guides, I am taking all suggestions regarding content, format, and anything else.

I hope to have the first part done-ish soon so stay tuned!

NOTE: for those top 3 players who haven't heard from me yet, I am making the msgs soon :p

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I play FW and SP. But it should be IS or SL, as they tend to be the most straightforward (good jumping off points).

3. fattyy2k

From my experience they are probably the most forgiving factions for new players due to durability.

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Those are largely a waste of time. Everything changes so much and so often that it will just be out of date in 6 months, no one will updated it, it will get unstickied or sit there out of date. They almost always end up being a list of runes with pictures and rankings and some anecdotal review. I've probably seen 100 of these done. Don't waste your time but if you do, thanks for the effort.

Netherzen likes this.
  5. fattyy2k

I plan on keeping them updated as much as possible. It will be a group effort at times because I don't play all the factions/themes, but I enjoy doing these and I personally love reading them. I figure especially for people who know nothing about a them or even maybe the game in general, they will help

SireofSuns and Anima26 like this.
  6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Nice fattyy2k, hope it goes smoothly.

Edit: Need any help with anything, let me know.

fattyy2k likes this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I vote for Alphabetical, just easier.

Ifem21 likes this.
  8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Alphabetical too, easy to make.
    EDIT: let me help you with whenever I can (specially when you come to Splits possiblity).

fattyy2k likes this.
  9. fattyy2k

yeah splits i havent even looked at yet. trying to decide the best way to do that. definitely want like the split races having guides, but not sure what else

Ifem21 likes this.
  10. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Maybe using each Split Hero as reference for an BG arround them would help. ;)

11. fattyy2k

Something :p but splits will definitely come after the main faction guides so I am not gonna worry about it right now. But I will get ahold of you later for sure

Ifem21 likes this.