Death Benefit BG help?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sean5056, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Does anyone have a really good competitive deck or and example of a good DB deck? I run FF FW and usually run themes, but they aren't always competitive, just fun. I have almost all FW runes w/ exception of harby and Coragh.

I basically wanna start playing more ranked and have a better chance at winning.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Coragh is really a must have for the most optimal DB.

Here is a suggestion without Coragh though:

1 boghopper Zombie
    2 General Korsien (or 1 Korsien and 1 Skeletal Raider)
    2 Death Harvester
    2 Decayd Mercenary
    2 Doomball
    2 Lamia
    1 Polluted Martyr
    1 Serkan
    1 Librarian
    1 Xulos

1 DR
    1 Domi
    2 Haunt
    2 Mobi
    1 Soulreave
    2 Wake the Dead

1 Bazaar
    1 Banner
    1 Sac Altar
    1 ToH

2 Vendetta

3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Banshee's deck is pretty dang close to what I'd suggest myself. Though personally, I'd choose between Lamia and Doomball, I'd prefer having a couple more meaty frontline units (maybe Executioner), but otherwise, I'd go the same route.

(Well, Executioner in the event that I didn't have Coragh's I could include)

4. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Kind of on a similar note so I won't make a new thread but is chopping block bg still doable? I never ran one before with SOE.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Doable. Classic ff, SP/curse, ST/soultap.
    Maybe now you can even make some new variations with tormented priests instead of vengers, but the priest was so ridiculously overbuffed, I won't expect it to last long.

6. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

It should be. It's one of those BG builds that never really dies, the only difference is ever really in the champ/spell selection around the blocks. But the staples for it pretty much remain the same; 2x Block, 1x Tome, 1x Tomb, 2x Essence Drain, 2x Steal Life.

Fill the remainder with high hp units with good defenses like block/dodge, high base Def, life siphon.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

You could always go the broken bones route as well with the bone shredder, bone trap, and...broken bones!

The only thing I don't like about General K is that his 2nd form doesn't have a nora cost so it loses out synergistically to skeletal raider and coragh.
    Dark knight and as others have said skelly raider are also great low cost options for meat.

As for lower cost range units lich king, elder bloodbinder, and toll taker.

8. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I like when help is given, the knowledge base of champions and deck builds is vast, but when you give advice to new members can you not include the champions that are almost impossible for seasoned players to get a hold of let alone new players

9. Sean5056

Thanks for the help

10. yobanchi

It's a snow day so I figured I'd help out a bit more since time allows ^_^.
    Here's a low budget death benefit I threw together:

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ChMC3qC93CoOc9dC69C6ycuVc4nSwS12sns5dS2_R1IrTRvE2J

the two exotics are serkan and xulos with the only legendary being the banner which you should have (if not buy the avatar for gold as it comes with it).

If you don't have those you can swap them out with other undead range champs, preferably ones that have some sort of healing or tanking as you'll want them to stick around to get high dmg.

I do tend to rely heavily on sac altar in this build but that's because there are so many ridiculous tanks out there at the moment and it also punishes well if they decide to ignore your spawns. I'd only use dark rising if they try to rush you or have a key rune that you have to deal with ASAP, otherwise it's a big tempo/nora hit.

Good luck and have fun!

11. Sean5056

Thanks again

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I honestly forgot that the Boghopper was rare.
    Death Guard can be used instead.

13. yobanchi

Yeah they need to have him be accessible again either by making a legendary or common copy like the carrionling.

14. cruwhybrid

cruwhybrid The King of Potatoes

Always get those vendettas up and running on your serkan and dooms early. The key to this bg is the snowball so get the ball rolling and protect it at all costs. I use to love running hungry dead in this bg as a stall for positioning, but the IS bonus just turns it into a dead slot

15. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Include Czar maybe? He's quite handy with extra units that fuel Serkan, noragen by both harvesters and double globe and free meatwall.