Sac Altar (proliferation of multiple summons interactions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've seen some side discussions on this but as it has been with runes since the beginning of Pox, things that were once OK sometimes become OP due to new abilities/runes that are released.

I personally think that back when Dark Rising was your only source of multiple summons, this was much less problematic.

When it was last nerfed I think it was Yobles CarrionSac deck that showed us just how incredibly efficient this interaction becomes when you are spawning multiple summons from other interactions as well.

So now we have:
    • Dark Rising
    • Bone Fracture
    • Haunt
    • Wake the Dead
    • Gravebind
    • Bone Prison
    • Cloak of Skulls
    • Restless Souls
    I'm not sure if I've even got them all on the list.

The point is, Loss of Life in a non-targeted application (IE, dodge doesnt help etc) has absolutely no counter. There's no reason to not deploy and use this strategy. There is no situation in which this strategy will not do the exact same thing to any champion it touches.

There is a little bit of counter, the tiniest bit. That being straight-lined diagonal positioning so that you make it hard for them target a particular champion. Sacrificial meat up front is such a bad strategy because saying "you have to put something in front that you know will die and has no way of defending himself" is hardly an acceptable counter.

This is problematic. It needs to be discussed.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've thought about that same fix. It's quite expensive as a combo when you just think about the two of them together: 90 to do 50 LoL dmg doesnt seem that bad. But when we start talking about their ability to move, attack, drop more relics and pick up globes with boon the combo goes to godmodeefficiency and we havent even started talking about the other skells in the area.

One thing that reducing the dmg to 8 doesn't regulate is: How many times can/should the altar be used? Do they just delay one more turn and summon another single skell or two to make up that difference then proceed with the same undermining efficiency as before?

Another idea would be for the relic to lose 5 life per activation. That would effectively give it the same potential as it used to have in the old days, where you could DR, then pop 5 of the skells and do 50 dmg. I think that is also reasonable.

Razzoriel, Woffleet and Ballballer like this.
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

this is a great idea!

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dont forget Bone Traps summoning real champs.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pretty sure this was missed in the sweep, summoned is supposed to mean "not deployed from the runedock" now right @Sokolov ?

I think the "rider" abilities are exempt from this rule, though.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Or just reduce the damage done by summoned skellys too 5 damage, it shouldn't even be triggering off summoned skellys at all to begin with.

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I find that alter extremely firking annoying. I get off an 8 hour shift then go on pox before my night class. Play against FW and waste about an hour against a broken faction bonus. On top of that I have to watch this firking annoying ass animation that gives the little people living in my head a goddam seizure.

Leadrz, Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Wat

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This.