PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

You have to admit it is an intermediate system, point is if poxpoints have as much stock as poxbox then everything would be standard to standard pricing as well with the exception of a few runes. If that situation occurs you want to manually control the trading of the really limited runes.

I agree it is a good way to stock up nice runes without being stuck with bad runes. But as pointed out above has its flaws.

However not sure where the 'fairer exchange rate' comes from, as far I see it the difference is OUT * 0.95% and I do IN * 1.05%. (On overstocks margins also go up on poxpoints)
    Pricing is different because mine is based on shards & stock and poxpoints has manual prices.

P.S. When I had my store in the beginning with low stock there were a large amount of tedious and complex rules to deny or support certain behaviour like all rares to exo+ trades. Not ideal for user friendliness but it did help grow very quickly.
    I already had long time plans to remake the trader but it is all on hold as the forge rates did really a number on the amount of trades + the decline of players and possible next up big changes of the trader. It's hard to justify hard work if it might be all of sudden in vain.

2. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

I believe for the customer my system is better as opposed to yours where you are entirely separating 2x of every rune in a "Cash Only" store.
    I would not want to manually control the trading of the really limited runes, the point of the Premium Points system is exactly that you can get the rarer runes through trading.

We have smaller overstock margins.
    On top of that our stock is smaller at the moment, which obviously means less runes have those overstock margins, which means the IN and OUT prices are closer together in PoxPoints compared to PoxBox.
    Our price is also based on shards and we don't use manual prices, we use a formula that works differently than yours and in our opinion provides better pricing.
    There is an exception on this for runes that really need it (for example the new released LEG Doombringers and most LE runes) in order to make sure we are offering competitive prices for those runes.

I don't use tedious and complex rules as I want PoxPoints to be as user friendly as possible, although there is still work in this area, we are improving fast.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

@decondor What I meant by a fair rate is that the credit range between the same set and same rarity runes are much closer compare to poxbox.

The credit model between two store is very different where poxbox base on supply and demand vs poxpoints base on shard rate.

I personally like poxpoints more because I know when I trade in an exo, I know for certain, if the stock allows, I could get an exo back with maybe another uncommon to throw in. In poxbox, even from the same set, some exo could be double price of another.

Poxbox is good for someone really looking for profit and believe their rune worth more than other runes, but for me, I believe if they are from the same set, they should roughly worth the same.

Poxpoints and newsbuff like this.
  4. Poxpoints

Bumping for visibility.

Cheers,

Josh753

5. Poxpoints

We have added filter options to our PoxPoints rune trader.

Extra information:

We decided to go with a filtering system that makes it possible to execute a fairly in depth search within our rune trader.
    There is the option to filter by stock, rarity, faction, type and expansion with the option of selecting multiple options at the same time.
    Eg.: You want to only see the Legendary AND Limited runes that you can trade OUT for Premium Points AND trade IN for Premium Points but only from expansions within the Extended Set -> totally possible with our filtering system!

PS: We know that there are currently some issues with the expansion filter (more specific the release set and the first 2 expansions), we will resolve this within this week, everything else should work properly.

Enjoy,

Josh753

SPiEkY, hfok, newsbuff and 4 others like this.
  6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

You posting that I liked the previous message, I noticed it just before :) I'll dump some exos now.

Poxpoints likes this.
  7. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

That filter is SOOO good!

SPiEkY, Poxpoints and newsbuff like this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

thanks for the support guys. we worked really hard on the filters. hope you like em

hfok, Burcho and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Poxpoints

OFFLINE TO FIX SOME BUGS!

10. Poxpoints

Back ONLINE with the bug fixed!

We are getting closer and closer to officially launching.

Thanks to @newsbuff

Cheers,

Josh753

Burcho and Karamasov like this.
  11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Poxpoints is superior to PB in every way bar one.

The stock.

Fix this problem and everyone in pox will be using it

I want to use PP but I just can't

newsbuff likes this.
  12. Poxpoints

Hello,

Thanks for the honest review, we have a few ideas to indirectly improve stock.
    And when we go out of beta we should also add some extra stock.

Cheers,

Josh753

13. Tweek516

Apart from that really great stuff man, love the filters :)

newsbuff and Poxpoints like this.
  14. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

So real talk, is Pox Points as good as PB is currently? I would love to hear from some people who have used/use both.

15. Lupefi2

One quick comment too. Your making the password way to secure. I don't want to have to include one uppercase and one lower case and one symbol. No one is hacking my computer for my pox points password..... thats crazy.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Apart from the low stock, it's miles better than Poxbox.

Like, seriously, that autotrader is the slickest thing ever.

hfok, newsbuff and Poxpoints like this.
  17. Lupefi2

I just signed up and checked it out it looks great but there isn't any stock of literaly any runes i need XD. Also i'm not sure how the prices compare yet. I saw Grimthir on there for 223 mil but i'm not sure how that compares to the PB price.

18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I'm the dev, but I will give you my honest review:

P.Box advantages:
    • More stock currently
    • displays cart total/balance deficits on top of trader (more convenient than PP design as ours is a side-cart sliding thingy that you would have to click on and check)
    • Can trade in/out multiples (PP only trade 1 in/out at a time per trade)
    • No annoying ultra-secure password requirement for new accounts (PP using microsoft ASP .NET identity standard credentials package which has annoying high security)
    • Can hover over rune art to see card back/abilities (PP only has the rune thumbnail)
    P.Points advantages:
    • Faster and easier to use [auto trader is rad af]
    • More filters (release set, stock)
    • Fairer trade-in values
    • Lower prices
    • Low-stock runes available for trade OR cash (as PP rewards premium points [cash value] when you trade-in low-stock runes, PB's low stock is cash ONLY)

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. Tweek516

That covers everything I think, an incredible honest review :)

20. Poxpoints

I think @newsbuff basically covered it all.

One small thing I would like to note; we are constantly trying to improve the rune trader and try to listen a lot to user input (e.g.: the rune filters).

Cheers,

Josh753